Tricep Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tricep Size

I was wondering how I could get my triceps big again, as in any special type of exercises, sets/reps, or any other suggestion/advice from people who have had the same problem and still made good gains. Before it was no problem because I was able to rep out heavier weight and get good gains, but now I have tendonitis in my elbows and cant really push myself like I used to. Well not that the strength isnt there anymore, but the area around the elbows starts to hurt as I progress onto a heavier weight. I just want my deep horse shoe back lol. Because right now it looks like my biceps are 2/3 of my arm.

Originally posted by noobinthemaking View Post
    I was wondering how I could get my triceps big again, as in any special type of exercises, sets/reps, or any other suggestion/advice from people who have had the same problem and still made good gains. Before it was no problem because I was able to rep out heavier weight and get good gains, but now I have tendonitis in my elbows and cant really push myself like I used to. Well not that the strength isnt there anymore, but the area around the elbows starts to hurt as I progress onto a heavier weight. I just want my deep horse shoe back lol. Because right now it looks like my biceps are 2/3 of my arm.
    I just got some elbow sleeves and so far they seem to be helping with elbow pain.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
    2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
    2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
    2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
    2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Just change up how you approach training your triceps. If heavier weight bothers you just lighten up a bit and increase the volume.

Comment

but now I have tendonitis in my elbows and cant really push myself like I used to.
        What exercises for the triceps do you usually use ?

Comment

Tendonitis usually doesn't become permanent unless it goes untreated for a long time. If you've developed tendonitis lay off anything that aggrevates it until the pain and inflammation subside. When it heals you should be able to train as you did previously.
          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
          2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
          2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I have many different exercises in my mental library, but on a normal day I used do tri extensions, skullz, dips, kickbacks, or rope extension. Going 8-10 or 3-6 on heavy days. It was actually skull crushers that initially messed up my triceps.

Comment

I have many different exercises in my mental library, but on a normal day I used do tri extensions, skullz, dips, kickbacks, or rope extension. Going 8-10 or 3-6 on heavy days. It was actually skull crushers that initially messed up my triceps.
              Try to stick with compound movements for the triceps, at least a few months.
              Like close-grip bench presses (actually, shoulder width... elbows tucked in), dumbell floor presses, elbows tucked in, palms facing each other (neutral grip).

I wouldn't suggest ANY kind of extension movement for a long time...

Comment

Tendonitis is an "overuse" injury so it isn't as much one exercise causing it, though 1 exercise might bother it or irritate it more than others.

Trust me, the kickbacks shouldn't be an issue.

Seriously, with an overuse injury you need to ask yourself if you aren't overtraining your triceps, anyway, and decide from there how to lay off them until they are good to go.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                Instagram: @intensemuscle
                YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys

Comment

ive noticed the long head of my triceps significantly lags the size of my lateral head. i still have a long way to go on this journey, but which exercises stress the 2 separate heads more than the other?

so far ive found that machine tricep extensions and pjr pullovers hit the long head decently for me. anyone else find trends like these?

Comment

I believe it's been stated by Skip and many others that putting the long head in a stretch position helps to target it. So your thinking any movement where your elbow is up by your ears.
                      Wanna save 5% on your trueprotein orders? Use my code! CTN001

Comment

Working...
                      X