Hip Pain From Smith Squats ... Week 8 of First DC Blast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hip Pain From Smith Squats ... Week 8 of First DC Blast

I all my years of training ... I had always avoided the smith machine.

However ... upon jumping aboard the DC Train ... I found myself open to many new ideas.

I quickly have become fond of smith machine squats, with the feet just a little closer together than normal squats and just a little bit further in front of the body. Nothing excessive, just trying to emphasize quads a little more.

Anyway ... I was a little ambitious perhaps my last Smith Squat workout ... went heavy for 8 reps ... over the course of the next few days I felt some mild soreness \ pain at the hip joint on both sides.

Fast forward to my next leg workout. Hack squats the call of duty.

After getting warmed up .. first heavy set, I get in 1 rep, and BAM ... left hip goes in to a total spasm. From the hip joint and go down about 6 inches .... PAIN.

Had to abandon the hacks, go home, and sit on a bag of ice the rest of the afternoon.

QUESTION: Anybody else have hip pain, or muscle ache 5 - 6 inches below the hip as a result of Smith Squats? I am wandering if my stance is too close ... or maybe the locked in plane of motion is not such a good idea for me?:twitch:
    I train Dogg Crapp. When not training DC ... sometimes I train arms 3x to 5x per week. Sometimes I train 'modified dogg crapp' which includes an 'arms only' day.

Maybe a prob with your IT band. Stretch that area, foam roll, too.

Max Muscle
    5020 Katella Ave.
    Los Alamitos, CA 90720
    www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Thnks dude
      Very much appreciated
      I have one of those rollers
      Its called 'the stick'
      I train Dogg Crapp. When not training DC ... sometimes I train arms 3x to 5x per week. Sometimes I train 'modified dogg crapp' which includes an 'arms only' day.

Comment

I had a similar problem with pain occurring upon internally rotating my hip. Stretching and rolling the IT band did wonders. Strengthening my hip adductors seemed to help out tremendously as well.

Comment

Working...
        X