No announcement yet.

dumbbell flyes or rear delt machine....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dumbbell flyes or rear delt machine....

I know some of you will be quick to flame me for posting this question.

But here goes.

Do any of you hit 1 single quick set of dumbbell flyes at the end of an 'A' workout? Or just 1 quick set of rear delt machine \ rev. :plane:flyes after the back work is complete on an 'A' day?

I have yet to do such a thing ... I am totally friggin wiped after following a standard protocol DC workout ... but the thought has crossed my mind.

Hard to break the mentality of wanting to 'pump' from the typical volume type training.
    I train Dogg Crapp. When not training DC ... sometimes I train arms 3x to 5x per week. Sometimes I train 'modified dogg crapp' which includes an 'arms only' day.

If you are wiped how and why would you want to do this?
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

You can do that but ask yourself is it really doing anything , and or is it even worth doing it especially if you are already wiped.

It is hard to go from "pumping" to dc style training but once you really get the feel for it you won't miss it.

Really for me it was all about the timing of my reps. When I slowed down and really focused on that it all started clicking.

Comment

Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
        2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Keep following the template as it's laid out until you get about 3 blasts/cruises in.

I've noticed that you said you've made great gains in strength while doing DC but you've only been 4 weeks in. So that means you've only done 2 of the same workouts.

This is no way a disparaging comment, but the big jumps in numbers you're experiencing isn't from strength gains, it's actually a realization that you weren't giving 100% to the prior workout. True DC training is not about making big 20-50 lb. jumps every workout; it's about making small 5-10 lb. jumps every workout...1-2 more reps every workout. You're still training to failure, but if you're making huge leaps and bounds EVERY workout, then it really only tells me you were going half-ass those prior workouts...not that you're getting stronger.

BUT, if you're getting an extra 5-10 lbs. with the same reps, or an extra rep or 2 with the same weight, EVERY workout...THAT'S how you know you're really going 100% on every one of those sessions.

What I'm trying to get at is (and this was already mentioned above...mine was just a little bit more longwinded) if you truly are going 100%, the last thing you'd want to do is another exercise. And even if for whatever reason you did do that extra set of flyes, will you be at 100% to do so?

edit. Addendum...another reason for huge jumps in weight or reps is when incorporating a new exercise. Depending on the exercise, it may have a steep learning curve (trying to get comfortable, stabilizing it, mitigating precarious positions, etc.) But once you take care of those, then you can really grind and go all out.
          Last edited by theroymccoy; 08-14-2012, 06:05 AM.
          Max Muscle
          5020 Katella Ave.
          Los Alamitos, CA 90720
          www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Originally posted by theroymccoy View Post
            Keep following the template as it's laid out until you get about 3 blasts/cruises in.

I've noticed that you said you've made great gains in strength while doing DC but you've only been 4 weeks in. So that means you've only done 2 of the same workouts.

This is no way a disparaging comment, but the big jumps in numbers you're experiencing isn't from strength gains, it's actually a realization that you weren't giving 100% to the prior workout. True DC training is not about making big 20-50 lb. jumps every workout; it's about making small 5-10 lb. jumps every workout...1-2 more reps every workout. You're still training to failure, but if you're making huge leaps and bounds EVERY workout, then it really only tells me you were going half-ass those prior workouts...not that you're getting stronger.

BUT, if you're getting an extra 5-10 lbs. with the same reps, or an extra rep or 2 with the same weight, EVERY workout...THAT'S how you know you're really going 100% on every one of those sessions.

What I'm trying to get at is (and this was already mentioned above...mine was just a little bit more longwinded) if you truly are going 100%, the last thing you'd want to do is another exercise. And even if for whatever reason you did do that extra set of flyes, will you be at 100% to do so?

edit. Addendum...another reason for huge jumps in weight or reps is when incorporating a new exercise. Depending on the exercise, it may have a steep learning curve (trying to get comfortable, stabilizing it, mitigating precarious positions, etc.) But once you take care of those, then you can really grind and go all out.
            Good post.
            Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Or he is just used to volume training and was overtraijed, then switching to DC acted as a deload and he's seeing huge strength gains. Anyone going from volume to a form of hit low volume higher frequency ususakly sees bug steregnth gains the first month

Comment

Edit: to answer your question, no don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by MachMood View Post
                  Or he is just used to volume training and was overtraijed, then switching to DC acted as a deload and he's seeing huge strength gains. Anyone going from volume to a form of hit low volume higher frequency ususakly sees bug steregnth gains the first month
                  Wow......switching to DC acted as a deload? That's the first I've ever heard of that. Like TheRoyMcCoy spelled out, he's only come around on each exercise one time, so it's all but guaranteed that the jump in weight is

a) a result of underestimating his starting point weight-wise for his exercises

or

b) not going all out the first time.

There's not a routine on this planet that results in huge weight increases in just the second time that you do an exercise.
                  Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Wasn't trying to start a debate , but someone switching from a volume routine to a dc type routine always see big increases in strength immediately , that's just fact. Not debating with theroymccoy if you've been doing dc for a few blasts and your still seeing huge increases something is 100% wrong

Comment

Working...
                    X