Ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready?

27 years old here. I've been training about 5 years now...primarily Max-OT style to start, but the last year or so has been more Westside for BB style (triples instead of singles, etc). Best lifts on the big 3 are 485 squat, 605 deadlift (have a video of a 610 attempt, got stuck mid thigh and hitched the lockout slightly), and 335 bench (I'm a terrible presser haha). All of these lifts were hit at a BW of around the mid-high 180s (I'm 5'10").

My diet is pretty well spot on ... About 360p, 300c, 120f daily (extra 50-100g carbs on training days), but I am going to kick that up a bit as it seems to be holding me steadily in the high 180s now. I'm smart enough to know if I want more size, I need more food.

Lately, I feel like I have been needing to cruise/deload more frequently while training Westside. Volume isn't crazy high, but I seem to have an issue with leaving reps in the tank so I am pushing close to failure for too many sets. To me, it seems as though DC is a logical next step...lower volume but with high intensity, no reps in the tank, every set is do or die, higher frequency like I am used to.

I have been lurking the boards here for quite a while to soak up as much as possible. I have a DC blast all laid out which I can post, but I would rather gauge people's opinions first on whether or not I may be ready. I attached the most recent pic I have for reference...it's from about 3 weeks ago.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343302021.937055.jpg
    Last edited by jcross485; 07-26-2012, 09:01 AM.

Damn impressive dead man. All lifts are solid but almost 3&1/2Xs body wt dead is a big dead.
    Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
    Nicki Minaj

Comment

Thanks for the kind words! For what it's worth, it was an attempt w/ straps and a belt, but it still felt heavy haha!

I naturally am a strong "puller" and weak "presser". Time to be strong at both.

Comment

Really solid numbers and looks like you've definitely got your diet dialed in. Welcome!
        Originally posted by thsfootball
        Stressing about what's catabolic- catabolic

Comment

Geez that is a strong deadlift.

Why don't you make a quick, short basic post about your daily diet?
          I train Dogg Crapp. When not training DC ... sometimes I train arms 3x to 5x per week. Sometimes I train 'modified dogg crapp' which includes an 'arms only' day.

Comment

Currently, this is a typical training day:

Meal 1: 60g whey isolate, 10g cocoa powder, 2tbsp PB

Meals 2&3: 6oz (cooked) chicken breast, 1tbsp EVOO, green beans

Meal 4 (pre): 5.5oz 95% lean beef, 8oz (cooked) basmati rice, 1tbsp grass fed butter

INTRA: 50g-100g Karboload, 25g EAA

Meal 5 (post): 5.5oz (cooked) chicken breast, 15oz white potatoes

Meal 6: 4 whole XL omega-3 eggs, 2oz 95% lean beef, 6.5oz blueberries

My plan starting next week (deloading/cruising this week) is to increase protein by 5g per meal (55g to 60g) and add in about 50g carbs to meals 1-3 on training days.

Comment

A current back shot...hoping to get thicker and wider from here, courtesy of DC.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343608900.230561.jpg

Comment

Dude, you're ready. GO AFTER IT and take no prisoners. You sound like you're going to do really well with DC.

-Scott
                The Book Has Arrived!
                The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Scott, I have to say I have read a lot of your posts during my "lurking" time here, and if you are giving me the thumbs up to forge ahead and really hit DC hard, I have all the confidence I need that this is a step in the right direction training-wise for me. I appreciate it a lot.

Comment

This makes up for all the 18 year olds that tell us they are going to get Huuuuge with DC and scoff when we tell them they aren't ready. Keep us posted. Great job!
                    1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
                    2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
                    2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
                    2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
                    2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
                    2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
                    Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Originally posted by Doberman View Post
                      This makes up for all the 18 year olds that tell us they are going to get Huuuuge with DC and scoff when we tell them they aren't ready. Keep us posted. Great job!
                      LMAO! Absolutely.

Jcross, you've got your shit together man. Now it's time to beat the hell out of your logbook like there is no tomorrow.

Good luck, you are really going to enjoy DC. :whoo:
                      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Honestly guys, I can't say thank you enough for the kind words. This board is no bullshit, which is why I love it. If the consensus is that I am ready to give DC a go, then I will focus on beating the book like its my job.

I'll take a few more cold pre- pics like this one, then a few post- pics when my blast is done for comparison.

Thanks again for the feedback...it's greatly appreciated.

Comment

Welcome brother!
                          '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
                          17 AAU Super Total
                          '16-AAU Hi
                          '15-USPA Metro
                          '15-USPA State
                          '15-AAU HI
                          '14-AAU HI
                          '14-USPA Metro
                          '14-WABDL Sonny's
                          '14-USPA State
                          '14-HI Strongman
                          '13-USPA
                          '13-WABDL Sonny's
                          '13-USPA State
                          '13-AAU HI
                          '11-USPA Metro
                          '10-NPC Stingrey
                          '09-NPC Islands
                          '09-NPC Stingrey
                          '09-ABA Islands
                          '02-ABA Islands
                          '02-ABA IronWorks
                          '01-NPC Paradise Cup
                          '01-ABA Olympia
                          '01-ABA Islands
                          '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
                          '00-INBF Musclefest
                          '98-NGA Ill
                          '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by jcross485 View Post
                            Scott, I have to say I have read a lot of your posts during my "lurking" time here, and if you are giving me the thumbs up to forge ahead and really hit DC hard, I have all the confidence I need that this is a step in the right direction training-wise for me. I appreciate it a lot.
                            No problem, man.

I think you can tell we're all excited for you. It seems lately there haven't been a lot of guys who seemed like DC made sense for, so we're happy to see a new "member" among the ranks.

Frankly, I want to see you grow like a friggin' weed and I think the foundation and mentality is there.

KEEP US POSTED, POR FAVOR!!!

-S
                            The Book Has Arrived!
                            The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                            2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                            2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Thats the goal! While it is nice to be in shape, to be frank, I look like an average guy in clothes. Without, well you can tell I train and keep myself in shape, but more size is what I'm after.

I do feel as though I carry my weight fairly well considering my height, but that just makes me wonder what 200+ lean or even more would look like. For reference, the back pic was cold and fairly flat/depleted...weighing around 184.

Today is day one of a new journey...with all the feedback I've gotten, I'm ready to really get after it.

Comment

Working...
                              X