How's my diet look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's my diet look

I've been doing DC for about 6 weeks now and strength gains have been great, so far I've put on 8 lbs some of which is probably glycogen gained from coming off my cut. I follow the leangains method of dieting, so what I do is fast for 16 hours and eat all my cals within 8 hours. I'm 23 years old 5'10, 178lbs at about 15% bf. My goal right now is to add muscle mass while keeping bf under control. Here's what my diet usually looks like on weight lifting days. What do you think?

Meal 1 (pre-workout): 12 ounces of pollock
    1 scoop whey
    2 slices whole grain bread
    1 cup broccoli
    2 bags green tea

Meal 2 (post workout): 2 scoops whey with glutamine, bcaa, and creatine

Meal 3( 30 mins after shake): 3 all natural protein bars- 74 pro,82 carb, 25 fat

Meal 4 ( 45 mins after meal 3): 1 pound chuck round steak- very lean-21 pro, 4 g fat per 4 ounces, 1cup whole grain oats with tbsp flax, 1 slice whole grain bread, 2 cups spinnach, 2 bags green tea

Meal 5: 2 packets of mackeral/ w evoo or 8 ounces chicken/ w evoo, 1 cup of green beans

Totals: 3,100 cal 355 g pro, 200 g carb, 98 g fat

On off days I cut out the protein bars and add some whole eggs and egg whites there.
    "Where the mind goes the body follows." -Arnold

Your at 15% bodyfat coming off a cut? :/

For your diet you should eliminate all that bread and those protein bars. Use oatmeal, rice and potatoes as your carb sources.
    :preach:

Comment

I stopped my cut when I came to realize that I don't have enough muscle mass to look like how I want if I would have got really lean.

Comment

A few questions:

What are you doing in the way of cardio and what are you doing activity wise on off days?

When do you train and what is your normal schedule like?

Can you give some estimates as to the time of day these meals are at?

Can you post some pictures?
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
        2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Mentalflex- you are a glutton for punishment.

Definition: glutton for punishment

Fig. someone (Mentalflex) who is eager for a burden or some sort of difficulty; someone willing to accept a difficult task.

Example: Tom (Mentalflex) works too hard. He is a glutton for punishment. I (Mentalflex) enjoy managing difficult projects, but I am a glutton for punishment.

See also: glutton, punishment
          Last edited by TLopez; 05-29-2012, 09:18 PM.
          2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
            Mentalflex- you are a glutton for punishment.

Definition: glutton for punishment

Fig. someone (Mentalflex) who is eager for a burden or some sort of difficulty; someone willing to accept a difficult task.

Example: Tom (Mentalflex) works too hard. He is a glutton for punishment. I (Mentalflex) enjoy managing difficult projects, but I am a glutton for punishment.

See also: glutton, punishment
            LMAO! This is what happens when I take a semester off of school and work is in a lull.

And seriously, you too with the avatar? It, it, it is just so beautiful!
            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I think diet looks pretty good really. I have been doing more of a if it fits your macros style and it allows you much more options. Use myfitnesspal app and it tracks it all for you. I have tried the ultra strict way and only eat a limited number of foods and having more freedom has been a blessing. Much more realistic for everyday life. Many have used it for contest prep. Check the other thread on here about IIFYM.

Keep doing what your doing and reevaluate in a couple weeks.
              Want THE Magic Pill??!! Yea so do I!! Find the next best thing at trueprotein.com. For all your protein and supplement needs.

Use RYNO100 for 5% off

2010 Grand Traverse Bodybuilding Championships: 4th, Tall
              2009 Grand Traverse Bodybuilding Championships: 4th, Tall
              2007 Northern Michigan Natural Championships: 5th, Light-heavy

Comment

Originally posted by liftweights View Post

For your diet you should eliminate all that bread and those protein bars. Use oatmeal, rice and potatoes as your carb sources.
                It's less important where he's at, and moreso where he came from.

I'm at 16% off a 'cut'...down from 25%+.
                You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

Originally posted by liftweights View Post

Those 3 carb sources are not the only carbs that work for bb'ing....many many other carb sources that are just as good for this purpose....if he's trying to gain why should he eliminate bread? Just curious as to your thinking here.....

I'm just thinking out loud here....a couple of home cooked turkey breast or lean roast beef sandwiches with lett, tom, and onion on whole wheat bread is a pretty damn good meal.....even throw on a bit of canola ir EVOO mayo and some spicy mustard.....yum
                  Last edited by steel1970; 05-29-2012, 10:43 PM.
                  STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

On off days I do 45 mins of fasted LISS cardio and sometimes play basketball, but not often. I'll up my cals if I do. I'm also a college student and do some walking on campus.I train at about 1PM on mon, wens, and fri and follow the DC 2 way split.Here's my routine:

A1: smith bench press
                    BB shoulder press
                    Tri dips
                    chin ups
                    BB rows
                    B2:ez bar curls
                    wrist curls
                    leg press calf press
                    lying leg curls
                    leg press
                    A2: incline db press
                    db shoulder press
                    close grip bench press
                    front lat pulldowns
                    t bar rows
                    B2: seated db curls
                    hammer curls
                    standing calf raise
                    seated leg curls
                    sumo squat
                    A3: incline smith bench press
                    upright rows
                    lying Tri extensions
                    close grip underhand pulldowns
                    seated cable rows
                    B3: spider preacher curls
                    BB reverse curls
                    seated calf raise
                    sumo press
                    front squats

Meal 1: 11:30
                    Workout: 1 pm
                    Meal 2: 2:15
                    Meal 3: 2:45
                    Meal 4: 3:30
                    Meal 5: 7:30

I'll snap some pics and post those up. I also have some under the please critique my back thread.
                    Last edited by j9899; 05-29-2012, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                      Those 3 carb sources are not the only carbs that work for bb'ing....many many other carb sources that are just as good for this purpose....if he's trying to gain why should he eliminate bread? Just curious as to your thinking here.....

I'm just thinking out loud here....a couple of home cooked turkey breast or lean roast beef sandwiches with lett, tom, and onion on whole wheat bread is a pretty damn good meal.....even throw on a bit of canola ir EVOO mayo and some spicy mustard.....yum
                      Haha, clearly you are starved. That was such a vivid description that just made me so hungry!

Comment

Originally posted by grammo13 View Post
                        Haha, clearly you are starved. That was such a vivid description that just made me so hungry!
                        Lol, yeah, you know I'm hungry!
                        STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by j9899 View Post

Meal 1 (pre-workout): 12 ounces of pollock
                          1 scoop whey
                          2 slices whole grain bread
                          1 cup broccoli
                          2 bags green tea

Meal 2 (post workout): 2 scoops whey with glutamine, bcaa, and creatine

Meal 3( 30 mins after shake): 3 all natural protein bars- 74 pro,82 carb, 25 fat

Meal 4 ( 45 mins after meal 3): 1 pound chuck round steak- very lean-21 pro, 4 g fat per 4 ounces, 1cup whole grain oats with tbsp flax, 1 slice whole grain bread, 2 cups spinnach, 2 bags green tea

Meal 5: 2 packets of mackeral/ w evoo or 8 ounces chicken/ w evoo, 1 cup of green beans

Totals: 3,100 cal 355 g pro, 200 g carb, 98 g fat

On off days I cut out the protein bars and add some whole eggs and egg whites there.
                          Originally posted by j9899 View Post
                          On off days I do 45 mins of fasted LISS cardio and sometimes play basketball, but not often. I'll up my cals if I do. I'm also a college student and do some walking on campus.I train at about 1PM on mon, wens, and fri and follow the DC 2 way split.Here's my routine:

SNIP the routine

Meal 1: 11:30
                          Workout: 1 pm
                          Meal 2: 2:15
                          Meal 3: 2:45
                          Meal 4: 3:30
                          Meal 5: 7:30
                          I am assuming your meal 3 with the protein bars is out of convenience, maybe between classes? The macros look fine here, I might drop the fat down a little and have equal amounts of P/C.

For meal 4, if you are gaining weight faster than you'd like I would drop the slice of bread, if you are gaining muscle versus fat, keep it in.

On Off days, I would drop the carbs down significantly. I would keep them in for meal 1, but cut them out for meal 4, and it already looks like you are doing that for meal 3.

I would also drop the kcals down on off days. So for meal 3 and 4, cut the carbs and add back 1/2 of the kcals split between protein and fat.

I recall the thread you mentioned, no need to post up more pics if you don't want to. What do you think about what I proposed?

EDIT: Thank you so much for being so clear with your question and responses!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Looks good. I appreciate it. I'll go ahead and take out the carbs from meal 2-5 on off days and add in some olive oil and a bit more chicken.

Comment

Sorry I guess I should have worded that differently. IN MY OPINION -- Bread is a shitty food for so much of your carbohydrate intake, and protein bars are mostly sugar, it obviously depends on the brand.
                              :preach:

Comment

Working...
                              X