Increase part 1, Decrease overall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase part 1, Decrease overall

So this weird thing has been happening to me on a few exercises. My first part of the rest pause set I increase my reps from last time. Then after that my reps go down from last time to the point where there is no difference or I do fewer total reps than last time.
    Ie;
    Pullups (BW+25)
    Last time 5-3-2=10
    This time 6-2-1=9

Chinups (BW+25)
    Last time 8-3-2=13
    This time 9-2-1=12

DB military press (65 lb dumbbells)
    Last time 5-3-2=10
    This time 7-2-1=10

DB bench press (95 lb dumbbells)
    Last time; 6-3-fail=9
    This time; 7-2-fail=9
    Anyone else experience this? I'm still increasing well on quads and back thickness especially which don't rest pause, but these 4 lifts I had this same weird thing occur.

Does this just mean my CNS is overloaded and it's time for a cruise?
    Thanks

Your post is incomplete to make a sound conclusion.

Could you post your:
    *DC split
    *Stats
    *Diet

Comment

How long have you been blasting this time? Is this the first time you have ever tried DC? One thing I noticed, particularly on DB Shoulder Press and DB bench that your total rep ranges may be on the low side, hindering overall progress. Usually with DB movements, many people will go with a rep range of 15-20 for chest and even 20-30 sometimes for shoulder press. This number can be lower on say BB movements, but I think you may not be allowing yourself enough room for progression keeping your rep range at the 9/10 mark for these dumbbell movements.

Just a quick thought for you to consider...

Comment

Maybe it's possible that the weight you're using is to heavy??
        2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Well, for one thing, your rep range is too low. For another, judging by the weights you're using, my guess is you're not experienced enough for DC anyway.
          Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
          kind of a douche

Comment

Yeah the low rep ranges came after I went up in weight, I had hoped that the second time around my rep ranges would go up to an 11-15 area. I have been blasting for 3 weeks now, this is my 2nd blast ever. I should probably try dropping the weight down and increasing my rep ranges and going from there.
            @Sammich, I copy that. I guess it's just kind of tough to turn down a system that has given me much better results than anything else I've tried. Plus the idea of going to the gym and hammering out 5 sets a bodypart once a week just seems so backwards now. If you really think I shouldn't be DCing, is there another type of training you'd recommend outside of standard volume training?

Comment

Originally posted by beetlewharf View Post
              Yeah the low rep ranges came after I went up in weight, I had hoped that the second time around my rep ranges would go up to an 11-15 area. I have been blasting for 3 weeks now, this is my 2nd blast ever. I should probably try dropping the weight down and increasing my rep ranges and going from there.
              @Sammich, I copy that. I guess it's just kind of tough to turn down a system that has given me much better results than anything else I've tried. Plus the idea of going to the gym and hammering out 5 sets a bodypart once a week just seems so backwards now. If you really think I shouldn't be DCing, is there another type of training you'd recommend outside of standard volume training?
              Beetlewharf,

Kudos on the screen name.

You question for Sammich is among the most asked on this board and it feels like it's the most asked question I've ever heard / read in my entire life. (I'm being facetious here, but frankly, it's like the truth, behind only "What's up?", "How's it goin?", "How'd you get so damn ugly?" and "Why's your beard so white?")

Run a search on that and you'll find enough to read for days on end.

-S
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
              2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
              2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Working...
              X