Blast/cruise length for natural

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blast/cruise length for natural

Is there an ideal blast/cruise time for natural trainees?

I suppose everyone is different.

I plan on seeing how I feel at the 8 week mark, if nothing is too sore and I am recovering I will push another couple weeks.

Also does the 7-10 day cruise rule apply? I have seen people push it to 2 weeks...but I feel that maybe too long

Originally posted by jameswarren1984
    Just listen to your body, and if you start not beating the log book its usually time for a cruise.

Again cruise length, listen to your body, go back blasting when you feel FRESH, and ready to go to war with the logbook again. There is no cookie cutter answer in pretty much everything in life especially when it comes to bodybuilding.

Good luck..
    JW, that was an ok answer, but please don't start giving out advice....you are here to learn, not teach.....

OP, it may or may not be logbook related....there really is no definitive set time to cruise. To echo what JW said, you indeed need to listen to your body. You may be at a point where you are still beating the logbook, but you might be starting to feel run down.....I know the way some of us older guys feel, is why wait till you're beat up? We take "proactive" cruises, so we can avoid being beat to shit....as you get older, you will have more issues with recovery and maybe some nagging injuries. Being younger may allow you to blast longer, BUT, there's no reason to run yourself into the ground.....Run your cruise from 1-2 weeks, or longer if you need. I usually keep mine at about 7-10 days, but I don't wait till I'm dead to start one.....
    STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

D-
      Remember the first week is about setting baselines....mine usually run
      7-9 weeks, however I rarely lose an exercise here and there...ill get to a week and lose 3-4 over the course of MWF sure sign that I need a week off..
      '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
      17 AAU Super Total
      '16-AAU Hi
      '15-USPA Metro
      '15-USPA State
      '15-AAU HI
      '14-AAU HI
      '14-USPA Metro
      '14-WABDL Sonny's
      '14-USPA State
      '14-HI Strongman
      '13-USPA
      '13-WABDL Sonny's
      '13-USPA State
      '13-AAU HI
      '11-USPA Metro
      '10-NPC Stingrey
      '09-NPC Islands
      '09-NPC Stingrey
      '09-ABA Islands
      '02-ABA Islands
      '02-ABA IronWorks
      '01-NPC Paradise Cup
      '01-ABA Olympia
      '01-ABA Islands
      '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
      '00-INBF Musclefest
      '98-NGA Ill
      '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

For the record, being natural has nothing to do with blast length...NOTHING. It's entirely individual. I have blasted for 18 weeks straight before, and I have also done 6 weeks. It all depends on how beat up your joints are, how fried your CNS is, your daily lifestyle, work, kids, stress levels, diet. Many many factors.

Obviously being enhanced lends benefits in way of recovery...but your CNS DOESN'T BENEFIT NEARLY AS MUCH AS YOUR SKELETAL MUSCLE from AAS. That's what causes over-training in (I'd wager) 9/10 trainees---CNS burnout, not the actual muscle being over-trained---something VERY VERY HARD to do.

So for anyone thinking that being enhanced or being natural makes things entirely different...it doesn't, not really. We all know the obvious differences...but it's not a blanket statement type deal.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
        -1st SuperHeavy Gi
        2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
        -1st Heavyweight Gi
        2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
        2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

^^^^what lock said....
          '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
          17 AAU Super Total
          '16-AAU Hi
          '15-USPA Metro
          '15-USPA State
          '15-AAU HI
          '14-AAU HI
          '14-USPA Metro
          '14-WABDL Sonny's
          '14-USPA State
          '14-HI Strongman
          '13-USPA
          '13-WABDL Sonny's
          '13-USPA State
          '13-AAU HI
          '11-USPA Metro
          '10-NPC Stingrey
          '09-NPC Islands
          '09-NPC Stingrey
          '09-ABA Islands
          '02-ABA Islands
          '02-ABA IronWorks
          '01-NPC Paradise Cup
          '01-ABA Olympia
          '01-ABA Islands
          '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
          '00-INBF Musclefest
          '98-NGA Ill
          '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by Lock it Up View Post
            For the record, being natural has nothing to do with blast length...NOTHING. It's entirely individual. I have blasted for 18 weeks straight before, and I have also done 6 weeks. It all depends on how beat up your joints are, how fried your CNS is, your daily lifestyle, work, kids, stress levels, diet. Many many factors.

Obviously being enhanced lends benefits in way of recovery...but your CNS DOESN'T BENEFIT NEARLY AS MUCH AS YOUR SKELETAL MUSCLE from AAS. That's what causes over-training in (I'd wager) 9/10 trainees---CNS burnout, not the actual muscle being over-trained---something VERY VERY HARD to do.

So for anyone thinking that being enhanced or being natural makes things entirely different...it doesn't, not really. We all know the obvious differences...but it's not a blanket statement type deal.
            Agreed. That's why I didn't even address it as a natural/enhanced question. Cruising is done when needed, regardless of your natural status....
            STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by trucelt View Post
              D-
              Remember the first week is about setting baselines....mine usually run
              7-9 weeks, however I rarely lose an exercise here and there...ill get to a week and lose 3-4 over the course of MWF sure sign that I need a week off..
              I had though about asking the same question and this response and the others really helped to clear it for me.

Thanks guys!
              My workout journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=46513

Comment

Working...
              X