Cardio/Recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardio/Recovery

I'm not currently and haven't been DC'ing for quite a while now as I focus on powerlifting but I wanted to throw something out there for members to discuss about picking cardio and recovery methods.

For those that have access to a sled, does anyone think that sled dragging would be a suitable cardio method. You obviously not want to go heavy as your cardio sessions are supposed to be kept low intensity. You could even make it a full body recovery tool by doing rows, presses, extensions, curls, forward dragging, and backward dragging.

Thoughts?
    Trey Potter CSCS

sigpic

Remember, if you can’t pick it, grow it, or kill it, you shouldn’t be eating it.- Justin Harris

Bodybuilding is stressful. The joy is seeing how incredibly the body adapts. The smart thing is to keep the machine as healthy as possible along the way, IMO.- Homon[/FONT]

I'd also like an answer to that. I've never really used a sled or prowler and have been thinkin of splurging for one. Personally not worth it if it couldn't be a viable method for cardio.

Comment

Personally I think it would be great as long as the intensity was moderated. Your not going to be pushing/pulling a couple hundred pounds but even light pushing and pulling could work well because it's an eccentric-less exercise option that would be similar to MG's anabolic cardio (when you add some BCAA/EAA) he's posted about before. However my opinion is obviously very biased lol.
      Trey Potter CSCS

sigpic

Remember, if you can’t pick it, grow it, or kill it, you shouldn’t be eating it.- Justin Harris

Bodybuilding is stressful. The joy is seeing how incredibly the body adapts. The smart thing is to keep the machine as healthy as possible along the way, IMO.- Homon[/FONT]

Comment

I think there are some guys here that DO incorporate sled work as a form of cardio....look thru some journals. I'm almost certain that I've read this here. Seems like it would be hard to keep the intensity low to moderate though....IMO it would be more like a HIIT cardio session....
        STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Yea moderating the intensity would be the hardest part. Shouldn't be difficult though as long as you have a fairly long distance you can pull/push over so you don't have to keep turning around.
          Trey Potter CSCS

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X