Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I accidently combined the three split with the two split...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I accidently combined the three split with the two split...

I did a DC blast back in 2011 and it was great but after re-reading everything about it, I realized I did it kind of wrong. (or did I? Read on!1!1!!)

What I did was the two way split, but completing the full circuit in 5 days instead of the usual 8. So it was like this:

Monday: Chest/Shoulder/Tricep/Back Width/Back Thickness
    Tuesday: Bicep/Forearm/Calves/Hamstring/Quad
    Wednesday: Off
    Thursday: Same as Monday
    Friday: Same as Tuesday
    Sat: Off
    Sun: Off

Yeah... but the thing is I continually went up on everything and only had to change up 1 or 2 exercises because I didn't beat the logbook for them.

Is this still considered DC and does anyone else do it this way?

Originally posted by Citenex View Post
    I did a DC blast back in 2011 and it was great but after re-reading everything about it, I realized I did it kind of wrong. (or did I? Read on!1!1!!)

What I did was the two way split, but completing the full circuit in 5 days instead of the usual 8. So it was like this:

Monday: Chest/Shoulder/Tricep/Back Width/Back Thickness
    Tuesday: Bicep/Forearm/Calves/Hamstring/Quad
    Wednesday: Off
    Thursday: Same as Monday
    Friday: Same as Tuesday
    Sat: Off
    Sun: Off

Yeah... but the thing is I continually went up on everything and only had to change up 1 or 2 exercises because I didn't beat the logbook for them.

Is this still considered DC and does anyone else do it this way?

What kind of weight are you pushing doing that? How long was your blast? Did you do just one? How much progression did you see? I feel like my body would tear apart at the seems doing quad widows twice a week, with such short breaks, every week.

No, that's not DC....it's a recipe for you having a short blast, that's for sure.
    Last edited by Lock it Up; 02-28-2012, 12:50 AM.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
    -1st SuperHeavy Gi
    2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
    -1st Heavyweight Gi
    2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
    2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

You progressed, got bigger, grew stronger... Who cares what its called?
      Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
      Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
      Nicki Minaj

Comment

Originally posted by Lock it Up View Post
        What kind of weight are you pushing doing that? How long was your blast? Did you do just one? How much progression did you see? I feel like my body would tear apart at the seems doing quad widows twice a week, with such short breaks, every week.

No, that's not DC....it's a recipe for you having a short blast, that's for sure.
        Not real crazy heavy but it did grow into some decent weight. The blast lasted 7 - 8 weeks, I lost one of log papers lol. I started conservative with my weights and I only did one blast(it was my very first).

my beginning BW was 185 and ended at 200lbs.
        Here were some of the big increases:

Decline BB Bench press: 205x20RP to 315x12RP
        DB Shoulder Press: 60 x 24RP to 80 X 24RP
        Squat: 315 x 8ss to 455 x 4ss
        195 x 22ss to 335 x 16ss

A family member grew ill and that caused me to miss a month of lifting and had me barely eating 1 - 2k cals a day, so I jumped on a powerlifting routine to get my strength back up there, and now I want to focus on mass again.

Yeah, good point, it worked for me, I was just second-guessing myself or something. I'll do it till it stops working, thanks!! :2guns:

Comment

That was an option that Dante played with in the past, but the frequency was too much for most guys to maintain, blast after blast.

Did you also use VERY slow reps initially with this blast?.. (Did your rep tempo change over the course off the two months?...)

Even with that frequency, if you rotated three exercises for each muscle group, you'd have trained each exercise about 5 - 6 times, so you'd be making tremendous jumps each workout.

Were you coming off a lay-off?...

How did those weights at the end the blast compare to your previous PR's?...

-Scott
          The Book Has Arrived!
          The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
          2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
          2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

I just finished my first blast after coming off an injury-caused layoff and I did something similar:
            M- c/s/t/b
            W-b/f/c/h/q
            F-same as Mon
            S-same as Wed

Lucky I was small and weak after my layoff, If I was moving big weights this split wouldnt have worked, my blast went 8 weeks. Even after 8 weeks I felt beat up and next blast will be the standard m/w/f......btw this is how I planned it, knowing after a layoff. I could get away with it. Longterm its a recipe for disaster
            '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
            17 AAU Super Total
            '16-AAU Hi
            '15-USPA Metro
            '15-USPA State
            '15-AAU HI
            '14-AAU HI
            '14-USPA Metro
            '14-WABDL Sonny's
            '14-USPA State
            '14-HI Strongman
            '13-USPA
            '13-WABDL Sonny's
            '13-USPA State
            '13-AAU HI
            '11-USPA Metro
            '10-NPC Stingrey
            '09-NPC Islands
            '09-NPC Stingrey
            '09-ABA Islands
            '02-ABA Islands
            '02-ABA IronWorks
            '01-NPC Paradise Cup
            '01-ABA Olympia
            '01-ABA Islands
            '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
            '00-INBF Musclefest
            '98-NGA Ill
            '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Trucelt,

You gotta change that avatar. It's so difficult to see your posts now and look at that malt liquor bottle and take you seriously, even though I know you are a well versed vet. LOL!
              2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

this avatar was a "gift" from Sammich
                '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
                17 AAU Super Total
                '16-AAU Hi
                '15-USPA Metro
                '15-USPA State
                '15-AAU HI
                '14-AAU HI
                '14-USPA Metro
                '14-WABDL Sonny's
                '14-USPA State
                '14-HI Strongman
                '13-USPA
                '13-WABDL Sonny's
                '13-USPA State
                '13-AAU HI
                '11-USPA Metro
                '10-NPC Stingrey
                '09-NPC Islands
                '09-NPC Stingrey
                '09-ABA Islands
                '02-ABA Islands
                '02-ABA IronWorks
                '01-NPC Paradise Cup
                '01-ABA Olympia
                '01-ABA Islands
                '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
                '00-INBF Musclefest
                '98-NGA Ill
                '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by trucelt View Post
                  this avatar was a "gift" from Sammich
                  I figured that was what it was.
                  2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Maybe I have misunderstood something, but the progression You made cant be right unless You were coming back after a layoff.

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
                      It matters because it is a pace he is unlikely to be able to keep and will most likely result in quick plateaus or overtraining.

When a person sets out to follow a given plan be it in the gym, working on a car, etc the name of that plan may not be important but following the plan as laid out IS important. In this case he is not following the plan as he thought.

I get your "just lift heavy things" ideology but sometimes that is an oversimplification and overlooks some important things. Plus, people have worked hard here to ensure the program isn't bastardized.
                      Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
                        It matters because it is a pace he is unlikely to be able to keep and will most likely result in quick plateaus or overtraining.

When a person sets out to follow a given plan be it in the gym, working on a car, etc the name of that plan may not be important but following the plan as laid out IS important. In this case he is not following the plan as he thought.

I get your "just lift heavy things" ideology but sometimes that is an oversimplification and overlooks some important things. Plus, people have worked hard here to ensure the program isn't bastardized.
                        I have said over and over that if you don't do the program as Dante lays it out you should not call it DC. That was part of my point, he did not train DC but so what? Many people train body parts twice a week and grow...I don't think many can REALLY bust their ass and train a body part twice a week but you can can train hard. The way he trained is pretty similar to what I would recommend for a noob thinking about training with any HIT program.

I think some people are losing site of one important thing... He grew and .progressed! He probably should not be saying "I train DC" but if he grew and got stronger at the rate he stated then isn't that what matters? Can he grow rapidly at that frequency again? I don't know but if I were him I would try....and understand that if my progress halts that I have to reduce frequency.

As far as over simplifying things... I would MUCH prefer to err on that side BUT what if its NOT an over simplification? What if all that really matters is putting the body under tension, creating a desire for the body to protect itself and letting it rest enough to repair itself? What if it really IS that simple? Would kinda annoy, dissapoint, anger, etc....A lot of people. I mean how much time and effort would that mean that so many people waste?

Peace
                        Last edited by thedunhill225; 02-28-2012, 11:44 AM.

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                        Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

Nicki Minaj

Comment

You totally missed my point. Nevermind.
                          Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Who don't get what??

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                              That was an option that Dante played with in the past, but the frequency was too much for most guys to maintain, blast after blast.

Did you also use VERY slow reps initially with this blast?.. (Did your rep tempo change over the course off the two months?...)

Even with that frequency, if you rotated three exercises for each muscle group, you'd have trained each exercise about 5 - 6 times, so you'd be making tremendous jumps each workout.

Were you coming off a lay-off?...

How did those weights at the end the blast compare to your previous PR's?...

-Scott

Yea the tempo did change slightly, probably by 1 or 2 seconds and I was doing an extreme volume over training workout before I started DC. I haven't done a lot of the exercises that I put in for my blast, like I never decline benched, maybe 2 or 3 times ever before I started the blast. Some of the exercises I was doing in the blast, I hadn't done in months.

I was thinking about it some more and my job back then consisted of sitting on my ass for 8 hours typing into a computer or browsing the web. I brought my protein shakes and ate rice/beef every day for lunch while sitting there being a zombie. That probably helped a ton with my recuperation. Now I am out in the field doing construction, so I'll see how I feel while working out and if I feel too drained I'll switch over to real DC training.

Comment

Working...
                              X