Quads, back thickness....cant take in enough air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quads, back thickness....cant take in enough air

Only seems to be with quad exercises as well as back thickness. I just get to a point where I have to stop for 3-5 seconds to pull more air in.
    My muscles are not tired, its just lack of air. I will get 5 or so reps and have to stop for a second.

I think its because I come from a powerlifting background and the fact I neglected cardio before.

Is it okay to stop for air, or should I terminate the set there?

Is there a point where the rest becomes to long?

And yes I am doing these in straight sets!

I wouldn't cut the set short. Take a couple breaths and continue, and work on your cardiovascular shape on off days.

Comment

Yep, do more cardio.
      -KidRok-
      "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
      5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Been there bro. I like to take a couple of very deep breaths before I begin my work set, DC or not, to push out more CO2 and bring in more oxygen. I find that it helps me push further before I need those 2 or 3 breath breaks in my set.
        Wanna save 5% on your trueprotein orders? Use my code! CTN001

Comment

I used to have this issue on high rep squats. Cardio is your best friend here. But no, don't terminate the set there.
          TEAM :tea: SKIP

2012 IFBB Australian Grand Prix Novice 4th Place.
          2013 Nabba Victorian Championships Novice 3rd Place.

Comment

I deal with this on a daily basis unfortunately due to nasal septum deviation, and no amount of cardio can fix it. Most of the times I have trouble breathing it happens during deads, what I do is, simply put the bar down one or two secs and take one or two huge deep breath and continue. Sucks but it is what it is. So, don't finish your set, breathe when you need and work on your cardio, if your condition is like mine then just deal with it because there's nothing to be done.
            "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Originally posted by 0001Delta View Post
              I deal with this on a daily basis unfortunately due to nasal septum deviation, and no amount of cardio can fix it. Most of the times I have trouble breathing it happens during deads, what I do is, simply put the bar down one or two secs and take one or two huge deep breath and continue. Sucks but it is what it is. So, don't finish your set, breathe when you need and work on your cardio, if your condition is like mine then just deal with it because there's nothing to be done.
              Delta, have you considered "septoplasty"? It is a minor surgical procedure where they cut away the matter that blocks your airway. May be worth it to look into it.
              For your next order from TrueNutrition - Use Discount Code JNJ120
              Solus Christus___________SemperFi

Comment

Originally posted by 0001Delta View Post
                Too funny, I had a CT scan done last month and I have to see an ENT surgeon in May to correct my nasal passage. Deviated septum and abnormally large sinus walls.
                I am on CPAP because of the strain on my respiratory system at night time

Comment

Originally posted by db2000 View Post
                  Too funny, I had a CT scan done last month and I have to see an ENT surgeon in May to correct my nasal passage. Deviated septum and abnormally large sinus walls.
                  I am on CPAP because of the strain on my respiratory system at night time
                  Would have help A LOT if you just stated that in the OP

Background info is king when asking for advice...

Have your issue fixed...

Do some kind of gpp to improve work capacity afterwards in any case...

Improved GPP leads to faster recovery...Might even squeeze an extra week or so out of a blast...Helps keep the love handles tighter as well...

Good luck with the issue...

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
                    Would have help A LOT if you just stated that in the OP

Background info is king when asking for advice...

Have your issue fixed...

Do some kind of gpp to improve work capacity afterwards in any case...

Improved GPP leads to faster recovery...Might even squeeze an extra week or so out of a blast...Helps keep the love handles tighter as well...

Good luck with the issue...
                    Cheers, I dont like to blame my problems on things like that.
                    All those benefits sound great!

Comment

Working...
                    X