Questioning DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questioning DC

I want to start by apologizing for the title I just wanted to get the vets attention but their is a little truth in it being am I ready for DC? First let me give my stats im 29 6'3 250lbs been lifting for 14 to 15 years I came across DC training a little over a month ago and it just made so much since so I started it and tomorrow will be the beginning of week 4 and so far I love it. the more I read the more I see yall telling people they are not ready for DC well what would be a alternate workout that would bring results like DC? I question wether or not im ready for DC. How do I know? And what routine would hold the same belief as DC with the recovery time? Oh I'm sure yall will want to know my diet I need to clean it up a bit but I take in 500 to 600 grams of protein a day. I've read massive G's sticky on diet thru twice already and going to tweak my diet. Thanks in advance for any help

The enter key is your friend.

If you have to ask, you probably aren't ready. However, you're allowed to train any way you want to train.

Comment

In addition to diet, people are going to want to know some stats probably. There seems t be many threads like this lately, and I think Dante's post about missing the point should be read by more people. I am not trying to flame you, but nobody here is going to tell you if you are ready for DC or not. Only you can. And I am of the opinion that if you have to question whether you are ready for DC or not, then the answer is probably no.

As far as other programs, this topic has been covered in great detail as well, especially over the last couple weeks in various threads posted by a newer members. There are tons of programs that work. The keys are: diet in check, lifting progressively heavier weight over a duration of time, adequate recovery, adequate supplementation. This isn't that complicated.

Again, I know this seems like all this is directed at you in a negative way, but its not, it just seems that there have been too many threads like this asking, hey, am I ready for DC? and if not, what should I do? If you have been lifting for 15 years, you should know your body to a tee including how various dietary aspects affect you...

Good luck with whatever you decide..

Mike

Comment

Thanks mike im not upset I can take criticism, I apologize for asking something thats been covered already I swear all ive been doing is reading for the last month. I read one thread were a guy got bashed pretty good. I just dont know what would make me not ready I feel like im ready it just makes so much since I feel like doing any other workout would be foolish after having this knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Sgordy243 View Post
          Thanks mike im not upset I can take criticism, I apologize for asking something thats been covered already I swear all ive been doing is reading for the last month. I read one thread were a guy got bashed pretty good. I just dont know what would make me not ready I feel like im ready it just makes so much since I feel like doing any other workout would be foolish after having this knowledge
          Then try it and see. What's the worst that could happen?

It's "sense", not "since."

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCrazy View Post
            Then try it and see. What's the worst that could happen?

It's "sense", not "since."

Ok well I am and as of right now I love it but the more I read the more I see people saying your not ready your not ready it just made me question myself

Comment

Ok well I am and as of right now I love it but the more I read the more I see people saying your not ready your not ready it just made me question myself
              So, using your own experiences and brain power, what conclusions have you yourself come up with about how well DC Training works for you?

Comment

So, using your own experiences and brain power, what conclusions have you yourself come up with about how well DC Training works for you?
                Well I've only been doing it for a month now so not long enough for any dramatic results but I love it seems flawless

Comment

Well I've only been doing it for a month now so not long enough for any dramatic results but I love it seems flawless
                  So why would you stop?

Hopefully you are beginning to see how taking the time to do some simple analytical thinking will allow you to easily answer your questions by yourself.

Comment

So why would you stop?

Hopefully you are beginning to see how taking the time to do some simple analytical thinking will allow you to easily answer your questions by yourself.
                    Yea I agree I just wanted to hear from someone with more knowledge than me just some reassurance I guess

Comment

You're ready. Wait, maybe you're not. No, wait........ Yeah, thought about it. You're ready.
                      2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Haha thanks T thats what I needed

Comment

15 years? Have you competed in any of the iron sports? What are your best lifts? Supplement use? Sports background?....your eating 500-600g of pro per day?? Do you have the lean muscle mass to require that kind of daily intake?
                          '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
                          17 AAU Super Total
                          '16-AAU Hi
                          '15-USPA Metro
                          '15-USPA State
                          '15-AAU HI
                          '14-AAU HI
                          '14-USPA Metro
                          '14-WABDL Sonny's
                          '14-USPA State
                          '14-HI Strongman
                          '13-USPA
                          '13-WABDL Sonny's
                          '13-USPA State
                          '13-AAU HI
                          '11-USPA Metro
                          '10-NPC Stingrey
                          '09-NPC Islands
                          '09-NPC Stingrey
                          '09-ABA Islands
                          '02-ABA Islands
                          '02-ABA IronWorks
                          '01-NPC Paradise Cup
                          '01-ABA Olympia
                          '01-ABA Islands
                          '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
                          '00-INBF Musclefest
                          '98-NGA Ill
                          '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Truclet I started lifting in high school and just continued im married with 3 small kids dont have the time to compete. I just started taking in that much protein a month ago when I started training DC. I take multi vitamins, vege and fruit vitamins, extra vitamin C, fish oil, and milk thistle oh and whey protein. Im about to place an order with true protein and get some of that whey casein egg mix he has and some creatine

Comment

did u read the thread of mine... think i was the one that got bashed by these vets pretty good lol
                              Please follow my journal... http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=46381
                              LIFT HARD OR GO HOME
                              TARGET LIFTS....
                              320 kg deadlift/160 kg bench press/280 kg squat
                              yeahHHHHH BUDDYY!! LIGHT WEIGHT YEP YEP YEP!!
                              AINT NUTTIN BUT A PEANUT brrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Working...
                              X