very slow reps or moderate pace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very slow reps or moderate pace?

I am working on some week points, biceps, and wanted to know if using a lighter weight with very slow and clean form would help build strength and muscle?

Why not take advantage of both? I see this is in the puppy pound, so I am assuming you train DC.

Why not use BB curls for heavy, moderate speed reps, and incline dbs for slow and controlled, ultra tight form reps? And then a third exercise where you can pick which method you use--either or.

That way, you can always accurately gauge progress by saying "ok, BB curls are quicker paced, but for heavy weight, and these db's are gonna be super slow with squeezes and pauses in the stretch...reallly focus on the squeeze".

Just what I do, LOL.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
    -1st SuperHeavy Gi
    2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
    -1st Heavyweight Gi
    2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
    2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Lock thanks for the advice. I will try it and focus on the squeeze more.

Comment

Momentum takes tension off the muscles...it does not increase tension. I am not saying every rep must be perfect... But you should always control the wt.

It also cones down in part to what you think the human body will adapt to...peak tension or total tension?
        Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
        Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
        Nicki Minaj

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
          Momentum takes tension off the muscles...it does not increase tension. I am not saying every rep must be perfect... But you should always control the wt.

It also cones down in part to what you think the human body will adapt to...peak tension or total tension?
          Thanks Dunn

Comment

Something i did, and this is not DC training, but I can see it working well at least in the short term.

Do your set with the same reps and rest pause as in Dc training, but lighten the weight by half (most likely). Do the positive part of the rep explosively, but wih good form. Hold the positive for five seconds them lower it in five. One of my favorite ways is to do alternating db's. Doing it this way you are are holding one db in the contracted position while the other arm is lowering. I want to emphasize that this is not a dc principal or dc technique. It is just something that I've used in the past with success
            1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
            2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
            2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
            2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
            2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
            2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
            Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

I agree with Lock, that's how I set up my blasts two. One heavy as shit lift, moderate/explosive, two others that are pretty darn slow.
              TRUE PROTEIN Discount Code- CSH730

Comment

Originally posted by Doberman View Post
                Something i did, and this is not DC training, but I can see it working well at least in the short term.

Do your set with the same reps and rest pause as in Dc training, but lighten the weight by half (most likely). Do the positive part of the rep explosively, but wih good form. Hold the positive for five seconds them lower it in five. One of my favorite ways is to do alternating db's. Doing it this way you are are holding one db in the contracted position while the other arm is lowering. I want to emphasize that this is not a dc principal or dc technique. It is just something that I've used in the past with success
                Doberman I will give that a try. I am more interested in what will work for me and appreciate all the feedback.

Comment

Working...
                X