Rate my blast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate my blast

hi i just saw someones post ''rate my blast'', and i was not happy. It was not dc, just a dc interpretation done badly... please comment on mine and advise how i could make mine better, and maybe if mine was as bad as his (even tho i dont think it is so).... thanks bros

WORKOUT A1

FLAT BENCH 11-15 (RP)
    BEHING NECK SMITH PARTIAL(NOT TO LOCK OUT) 11-20 (RP)
    SKULL CRUSHERS 15-30 (RP)
    V BAR LAT PULL DOWN 11-15 (RP)
    DEADLIFTS (SS) 4-8 followed by lighter 9-12 3-5mins later

WORKOUT B1

SPIDER CURLS (FROM FULL STRETCH TO HALF RANGE MOTION) 11-20 (RP)
    PIN WHEEL CURLS 10-20 (SS)
    SEATED LEG CURLS 15-30 (RP)
    SQUATS (SS) 6-10 followed 5 mins later by 20 on lighter weight
    SEATED CALF RAISE 10-12 (SS)

WORKOUT A2

INCLINE SMITH 11-15 (RP)
    DB SHOULDER PRESS 11-15 (RP)
    CLOSE GRIP SMITH 11-15 (RP)
    HAMMER STRENGTH LAT 11-15 (RP)
    RACK DEADS (SS) 4-8 then 5 mins laters lighter weight for 9-12

WORKOUT B2

DRAG CURLS 11-20 (RP)
    HAMMER CURLS 11-20 (SS)
    LYING HAM CURLS 15-30 (RP)
    LEG PRESS 6-10 5 min rest then 20 on lighter weight
    LEG TOE PRESS 10-12 (SS)

WORKOUT A3

FLAT SMITH 11-15 (RP)
    HAMMER SHOULDER MACHINE 11-15 (RP)
    REVERSE GRIP BENCH 11-20 (RP)
    WIDE LAT PULL DOWN 11-15 (RP)
    T BAR ROWS (WITH FREE WEIGHT BAR) 10-12 (SS)

WORKOUT B3

DB CURLS 11-20 (RP)
    REVERSE 1 ARM CURLS (SS) 11-20
    SUMO LEG PRESS 15-25 (SS)
    HACK SQUAT 6-10 then 5 min rest 20 reps with lighter weight
    HACK TOE PRESS 10-12 (SS)

WHAT YALL THINK???????????? LET ME KNOW I STARTED IT TODAY..... MY PROTEIN IS UP TO 400GRAMS, IS THAT ENOUGH? IM 190 POUNDS.
    GOING OUT FOR A MEAL TONIGHT, MIXED GRILL IT IS FOR MAIN MEAL
    Please follow my journal... http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=46381
    LIFT HARD OR GO HOME
    TARGET LIFTS....
    320 kg deadlift/160 kg bench press/280 kg squat
    yeahHHHHH BUDDYY!! LIGHT WEIGHT YEP YEP YEP!!
    AINT NUTTIN BUT A PEANUT brrrrrrrrrr

James, these kind of threads should be made in the puppy pound. If you have questions regarding DC, please make threads in that section ok?

I think your plan looks ok, James. I'll let someone else chime in with critiques.

Everyone...play nice.
    Last edited by Lock it Up; 02-16-2012, 01:17 PM.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
    -1st SuperHeavy Gi
    2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
    -1st Heavyweight Gi
    2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
    2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

SORRY man i actually meant to put it in there... i apologise
      LIFT HARD OR GO HOME
      TARGET LIFTS....

Comment

do u think i should swap rack deads with maybe bent over bar rows??? or is it ok how it is
        LIFT HARD OR GO HOME
        TARGET LIFTS....

Comment

1. Typing in all CAPS is like you yelling at us. Please type normally.
          2. How much did you actually research if your first exercise is flat barbell bench?
          3. How little did you research since your 3rd chest movement in flat smith?
          4. I'm thinking you would be much better served with a 5x5, 5/3/1, push/pull/legs, etc type routine for the time being.
          5. No offense but I would change my avatar if I were you.
          Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

I've got no input on this since I don't do DC but just curious re: your goals in your sig, how close are you to a 320kg deadlift now?
            PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

deadlift 200 kg for 8

note:that is my best lift
              Last edited by jameswarren1984; 03-05-2012, 05:28 PM.
              LIFT HARD OR GO HOME
              TARGET LIFTS....

Comment

adam... i appreciate your criticism, but would much rather it was constructive.
                obviously u think me doing flat bench for first movement is a problem... could you explain y? and give advice?
                apologies for using CAPS, nothing intended... also what are your reasons for thinking i should drop dc and do a 5x 5 routine?
                LIFT HARD OR GO HOME
                TARGET LIFTS....

Comment

Carefull with the flat bench...I would suggest a decline smith or decline barbell instead

Comment

whats wrong with flat bench tho steve??
                    i would rather do decline, however my gym doesnt have a bench i can use for the smith that is decline and the decline free weight i would not want to do without a spot, and the times that i train i cant always get a spot. the bench is not so much a problem for me with not having a spot.
                    LIFT HARD OR GO HOME
                    TARGET LIFTS....

Comment

Steve ur triceps look SICK
                      LIFT HARD OR GO HOME
                      TARGET LIFTS....

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
                        2. How much did you actually research if your first exercise is flat barbell bench?

Originally posted by jameswarren1984 View Post
                        obviously u think me doing flat bench for first movement is a problem... could you explain y? and give advice?
                        Bingo, bango, bongo

Been discussed, at length, several times. Go to search, use the "google search" option, and search "dc flat bench"
                        2010 NPC North Star

Comment

apologies for using CAPS, nothing intended... also what are your reasons for thinking i should drop dc and do a 5x 5 routine?

1: Flat BB is asking for injury in a program where you are going BEYOND failure. That's why most shy away from it...that, and there are IMO far better options for choice of pec movement.

2: If that's you in your avatar, then Adam is saying you don't need to be training with DC yet, you can still gain other ways. I.E. You're probbaly not advanced enough to get everything you can out of it...

...but please can you list your stats and training history for us?

Height, weight, bodyfat (if possible), lifts on the big three, past history of training, do you know how to eat, how to recover? etc

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
                          -1st SuperHeavy Gi
                          2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
                          -1st Heavyweight Gi
                          2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
                          2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

James, this is discussed in detail in the stickies. It can put tremendous strain on your shoulders when you start moving heavy poundages and the risk is not worth the benefit.

Why are you training calves last?

Why are you not RPing the sumo leg press?

Do you think you will be able to make sufficient progress using an 1-15RP rep range with DB shoulder press? With heavy DBs it can take a lot of effort to get them in place, thus requiring a higher rep range with lighter weight.
                            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                            2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

i have read how it is hard on shoulders rotator cuff and can tear pecs. However its generally considered risky when flaring ur shoulders with a wide grip and bringing the bar down to ur upper chest
                              i actually bench differently, i dont flare my elbows at the bottom of the lift and as i lift up i flare them more so. i also bring the bar to my lower chest. i dont feel a problem with this exercise and never have had benching issues.
                              LIFT HARD OR GO HOME
                              TARGET LIFTS....

Comment

Working...
                              X