Issues gaining muscle, no issues gaining fat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues gaining muscle, no issues gaining fat

Hey guys i haven't posted much up here but i learn alot from just reading your

posts and i feel your the guys to turn to for advice...I am 23 years old and

been working out for about 3 serious years now, i recently started DC training

(about 4 months ago) and i love it. I have been eating alot and started to see

SOME muscle gain mainly strength so far but i have gained a ton of

fat........I know everyone says

not to worry about it while bulking but i think i was too fat when i first started

DC.....im tall at 6'2 and im only 215 pounds but its ALL in my gut! I want to

continue bulking so i can gain as much muscle as i can but my muscle/fat

ratio is a little embarrassing in my opinion....what do you guys suggest? I

hate to cut because i am no where near a decent size now.... Sorry i left

pieces of the puzzle out I will fill them in if needed.. ANY HELP IS

APPRECIATED! Also any trainers on this board that you guys recommend let

me know, i had contacted dante not long ago and he said he wasnt taking

clients so just looking for someone with more brains then me to help me out.

1) Post pics if you can
    2) Post diet
    3) Post your DC blast
    4) Post an example workout with weights/reps used for that day.

Comment

I'll just post here to mention that people will want your current diet details before they can begin to think about offering any help. My question is at 6'2 and 215, only training "about 3 serious years now" do you think DC is the right program for you?

As far as DC trainers, the only real DC trainer is Scott (Homonunculus). For diet of course there is also Skip

MT

EDIT: Mike beat me to it

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyMike42 View Post
        1) Post pics if you can
        2) Post diet
        3) Post your DC blast
        4) Post an example workout with weights/reps used for that day.
        This is the key...

Comment

Originally posted by moparfreak360 View Post
          Hey guys i haven't posted much up here but i learn alot from just reading your

posts and i feel your the guys to turn to for advice...I am 23 years old and

been working out for about 3 serious years now, i recently started DC training

(about 4 months ago) and i love it. I have been eating alot and started to see

SOME muscle gain mainly strength so far but i have gained a ton of

fat........I know everyone says

not to worry about it while bulking but i think i was too fat when i first started

DC.....im tall at 6'2 and im only 215 pounds but its ALL in my gut! I want to

continue bulking so i can gain as much muscle as i can but my muscle/fat

ratio is a little embarrassing in my opinion....what do you guys suggest? I

hate to cut because i am no where near a decent size now.... Sorry i left

pieces of the puzzle out I will fill them in if needed.. ANY HELP IS

APPRECIATED! Also any trainers on this board that you guys recommend let

me know, i had contacted dante not long ago and he said he wasnt taking

clients so just looking for someone with more brains then me to help me out.
          Well you are right to be concerned about fat gain when bulking. Many people, myself included at one point, put on too much weight with the idea that it's ok because "I'm bulking".
          215 at 6 2 doesn't seem overly heavy, though I do understand you feel it's all in your waist.

My first questions would be what does your diet look like now, and are you utilizing a carb cuttoff like Dante suggests?

What about cardio? Are you doing AM fasted cardio on off days? Any cardio at all?
          Heavy squats fix everything.

Comment

I second 6'2" at 215 is not much mass, probably be better suited with other programs besides DC. I say this because I am not much taller at 6'5" and I am 230-232, pretty lean, and I am TINY.

Comment

DC requires pushing the food, but nowhere does it say to gain a "ton of fat". Its not indiscriminate eating to the point of becoming a fat slob....post the diet and see what people think. I'm sure there will be some areas you need help in.....
              STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

i work on a tugboat for 3 weeks so my diet varies some what from day to day, i dont have a "set" diet like most people suggest because i never know what the cook will cook.....I can say its high proteins, mod carb, mod fats.. only problem is like i say its not really consistant. May have a high carb day or 2 then less the next few..I do think DC is for me because i have been doing volume training for 3 years the basic stuff and i never get much stronger...This is the only program iv done where iv seen significant weight increases.......Cardio on off days i have not been doing and i will start....And no 215 isent heavy for my height but its all in a pop belly lol....i just tested my BF today and it was showing 18.5 there about.... I hate to even post a dc workout of mine because it just doesnt come close to the numbers on this board, its good for ME personally because im improving though

Comment

and i know i dont have much mass but thats what attracted me to DC at first because Dante was saying its one way to put on as much mass as possible...No other training was working.

Comment

Originally posted by moparfreak360 View Post
                    ..I do think DC is for me because i have been doing volume training for 3 years the basic stuff and i never get much stronger...This is the only program iv done where iv seen significant weight increases.......
                    I'm not trying to sound rude, so hopefully this doesn't come across as such: Do you think perhaps that what you say above about DC may actually be evidence that perhaps its not right for you yet? I mean if you were doing high volume previously, and now you're not and all of a sudden your gaining weight, but admit that it seems to be quite a bit of fat, (which obviously isn't the goal and why you're here asking) it could be that its due to less total activity. Especially since you are not doing cardio. I'm not questioning your strength increases, they are evidence that the lifting is working. Just a thought, not meant as a jab or anything

MT

Comment

I will say that if your diet is that sketchy that you prob shouldn't be training DC. Also, if you are that concerned about posting your weights used, again, prob shouldn't be doing DC.....

The diet is key in moreso than just trying to put on mass. You also need to KNOW that you are getting enough of the macros to keep you from overtraining too....sounds like you wanna make good progress, I just don't know if it's feasible with a diet that is so laxed.....
                      STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

When you are working, do you mean three weeks on the boat solid, or do you get to get off at night or what? I'm just wondering are you training during those three weeks or what? If you are able to get off the boat on a regular basis you could at least bring a meal or two with you and some powder yeah?

If you want to train DC, then train DC but do it right and incorporate all the principles. If you post up your routine than experienced DC people can give you pointers on it.

I also want to point out that you can gain strength volume training, you just have to make it a point to do so. It wont be as fast as a HIT program like DC but it can certainly be done.

Comment

I appreciate the feedback and both points are taken and noted. I dont like the fact that i am not always in control of my meals but i have a good job so im still pretty blessed. When im out i dont have a gym so i do alot of improvising, shackles for weighted dips, pullups ect. I can still get a good workout. The training dvd i had suggested not counting calories just protein so i guess thats part of the reason i dont really have a set diet to tell you guys, i dont know with such little info what i really expected you guys to be able to help me with but it was worth a shot.. And i did take a picture i just cant figure out how to post it.

Comment

If you are not able to train in a gym than DC is not going to work out man. Not unless your periods off the boat are at least six weeks. Then you could use your time on the boat and improvised training as cruises.

Comment

well i hate to hear that because i loved the program, i just don't really know given my situation what program WOULD work for me... thats why i asked about a trainer as well. Its not an easy situation but Im gonna find a way to make it work...FYI i have only worked this job about a year, the past few years of training i was unemployed. Thank you guys for your honesty and if you have any suggestions (OTHER THEN P90X!!!!!!!) for me please let me know

Comment

Working...
                              X