Shoulder pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoulder pain

For the past couple of months, i have been having some right shoulder pain when i try to do any motion that is above my head and also a little when i do some benching. I think it might be some sort of bursitis or impingement syndrome of some sort. I have been trying to work through it but its getting pretty tough to lift heavy without some really annoying pain. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what they did to rid themselves of it. I know that DC posted a great post about a shoulder exercise that helps with shoulder pain (see link below). Is this exercise warranted in this case or should i just rest it completely. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=6997
    Wanna save $$$ on your next protein purchase? Use TES117 for 5% off your order at www.truenutrition.com.

I would first rest it. Maybe don't do anything upper body for a week. See how it feels after that. If it's getting better, than it may just be an inflammatory issue, which the broomstick stretch would help. But it could be an issue with the rotator or any other tendon/ligament in that AC joint...it's a complex one.

Rest it, then try the broomstick if it feels better. If I were you I would do the broomstick every other day to start, something small like 50 reps to begin, and work your way up.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
    -1st SuperHeavy Gi
    2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
    -1st Heavyweight Gi
    2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
    2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

I did the broomstick and changed my routine when I had my last impingement. I went to high reps (GVT style) and it took about 10 days to subside.
      You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

Ive had similar issues in the past. Rest has been the only thing that has ever worked, and it certainly couldnt hurt.

Comment

thanks for the advice guys. I think i might just give it a rest but continue lifting anything that does not bother it. I think after a month of resting it, i will give the broom stretch a try. Will post my results of this.
          Wanna save $$$ on your next protein purchase? Use TES117 for 5% off your order at www.truenutrition.com.

Comment

Im having that same exact problem right now in my right shoulder, im resting it and doing the broom stick stretches

Comment

Working...
            X