Calves, -Has always been a problem..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calves, -Has always been a problem..

Not size, they are naturally big and have always been. Out of propotion actually, still i would like to train em anyways just to do DC as it's supposed to be done..

My problem is that my ankles really hurt when I do them. Joint ache.

I can do them with lighter weight, and with normal reps. But DC style, it's killing me.
    I'm also very flexible from doing martial arts for a long time. Cant feel any streching in any calfraise at all either, even though i sink down and force myself lower..

Any tips, alternative exercising, or other solutions would be great
    If no good way around, just drop it?

Thanks.

If you are doing the DC calve method (10-12 ss, with the holds) there is absolutely no reason to not feel a stretch...if you are doing it right...can you post a video?

Have you looked into the treadmill calves method? Works for many with stubborn gams.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
    -1st SuperHeavy Gi
    2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
    -1st Heavyweight Gi
    2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
    2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I can record a video on Monday

I'm not familiar with the treadmill method- I'll look into it, thanks again

Comment

Read this thread:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthr...lves+treadmill
        2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

I always got really good results from rest-pausing them for 30 reps or so.
          Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
          kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
            Haha! Seems fun.. I'll try it as warmup before upper body tomorrow, at like 9pm so I'm alone at the gym x)
            -Not gonna train lower parts before Monday anyways

Btw, have 8 years of trail riding in my youth, so pretty much been on my toes doing explosive movements for hours 3-4 days a week.. Got well developed calves for my low bodyweight

bed time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
              I always got really good results from rest-pausing them for 30 reps or so.
              I do this a lot too. With a 3 second hold at the bottom, and about a one second squeeze at the top. Works well.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
              -1st SuperHeavy Gi
              2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
              -1st Heavyweight Gi
              2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
              2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Go back in time, make yourself the fat kid who walks on his toes and voila! Huge Calves! Wait that was me nevermind, do what the other guys said.
                For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

You said your calfs are out of proportion and too big? Then stop training them. Dante talks about common.sense a lot .... So I think common sense is part of the "DC way".
                  Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                  Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                  Nicki Minaj

Comment

yeah, i manually stretch them and do a RP set as well......i played alot of basket ball and rolled my ankles several times and they each feel extremely different when doing the stretch method......i do stretch the shit out of them but post the rest pause set instead of intra

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
                      You said your calfs are out of proportion and too big? Then stop training them. Dante talks about common.sense a lot .... So I think common sense is part of the "DC way".
                      this...or maybe just do a couple high rep straight sets to maintain the size while you bring up lagging bodyparts????

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
                        ye, kind of an obvious answer. Just overthinking stuff I guess..

I'll do some of that threadmill excercise once in a while, just for maintenance.

Thanks all

Comment

If my calves were too big then Id get the rest of my legs up to snuff.

Comment

Working...
                          X