Another rate my DC program thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another rate my DC program thread

I've been doing this for about 2-3 weeks now trying to get an idea of my strength levels for the RP sets and such. Here's what I have so far..I am 100% open to any constructive criticism.
    Super thanks!

A1
    11-15rp Incline BB Press
    11-15rp Hammer strength Shoulder Press Machine
    11-15rp Smyth Reverse grip bench
    11-20rp Rack Chins
    [8-12]SS[4-8]SS Rack deads (This is at my knee level..I'll likely move the bar down more to use less weight and be able to progress more..I did 600 for 11 Wed and the bar was almost full.

B1
    20-30rp Standing DB Curl
    20-30rp Hammer Curl
    11-12SS Seated Calf Raise
    15-25SS Sumo Leg Press(I tried this one last week and didn't like how it felt..was mostly in my quads, might try it again this week and see how it does. Considering adding in the GHR hyper extension on the wojo DC DVD)
    6-10SS Front Squat
    20+SS Hack Squat

A2
    20-30rp Incline DB Press
    11-15rp Smyth Machine Shoulder Press
    11-15rp CGBP
    15-20rp Nuteral Grip Pulldown
    [8-12]SS [4-8]SS Tbar row

B2
    11-20rp Drag Curl
    10-20SS Pin Wheel Curls
    11-12SS Standing Calf Raises
    10-12 SS Good Mornings(Open to suggestions as well..our seated leg curl machine is weird and I dont thnk I could progress on it very long)
    6-10SS Leg Press(The leg press machine has only one set of bars and one on top so I might need to switch this out on account of not having enough weight. Open to any suggestions, might consider lunges or the hack squat machine)
    20+SS Leg Press

A3
    11-15rp Hammer strength Machine Press
    20-30rp DB Shoulder Press(I might switch this out for standing overhead press)
    15-30rp EZ bar tri extensions
    11-15rp Close Grip Pull downs
    [4-8]SS [8-12]SS Dead Lift

B3
    11-20rp Preacher Curl
    11-20SS Reverse grip single arm cable curl
    11-12SS Leg Press calf raise
    15-30rp Lying Leg Curls
    6-10SS Squat
    20+SS Squat
    Want to save 5% or 10% on your entire order at www.trueprotein.com
    Use discount code JHN125

Come watch me progress in my 5/3/1 journal!

Originally posted by 7_Deadly_Sins View Post
    I've been doing this for about 2-3 weeks now trying to get an idea of my strength levels for the RP sets and such. Here's what I have so far..I am 100% open to any constructive criticism.
    Super thanks!

A1
    11-15rp Incline BB Press
    11-20rp Rack Chins
    [8-12]SS[4-8]SS Rack deads (This is at my knee level..I'll likely move the bar down more to use less weight and be able to progress more..I did 600 for 11 Wed and the bar was almost full.

B1
    20-30rp Standing DB Curl
    20-30rp Hammer Curl
    15-25SS Sumo Leg Press(I tried this one last week and didn't like how it felt..was mostly in my quads, might try it again this week and see how it does. Considering adding in the GHR hyper extension on the wojo DC DVD)
    6-10SS Front Squat
    20+SS Hack Squat

A2
    20-30rp Incline DB Press
    11-15rp CGBP
    15-20rp Nuteral Grip Pulldown

B2
    11-20rp Drag Curl
    10-20SS Pin Wheel Curls
    10-12 SS Good Mornings(Open to suggestions as well..our seated leg curl machine is weird and I dont thnk I could progress on it very long)
    6-10SS Leg Press(The leg press machine has only one set of bars and one on top so I might need to switch this out on account of not having enough weight. Open to any suggestions, might consider lunges or the hack squat machine)
    20+SS Leg Press

A3

B3
    11-20rp Preacher Curl
    15-30rp Lying Leg Curls
    6-10SS Squat
    20+SS Squat
    I;ve tagged this to look at it for you later 7, as I am in a rush right now. But first thing I caught was that your curl ranges MAY be a bit to low. It's hard to progress curls when you need to do a 8, 4, 2 kinda thing. I'll comment more when I get back to this.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
    -1st SuperHeavy Gi
    2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
    -1st Heavyweight Gi
    2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
    2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

I'll make my comments in BOLD.

Super thanks!

A1
      11-15rp Incline BB Press
      11-20rp Rack Chins

>Good call on dropping the bar down. Really try to flex your lats on these.

B1
      20-30rp Standing DB Curl
      20-30rp Hammer Curl

>How are you setting up your legs? Are you putting them at the top of the fot plate pointed outward? If not, give that a try. Also, try to force your knees outward and squeeze your ass.

6-10SS Front Squat
      20+SS Hack Squat

A2
      20-30rp Incline DB Press
      11-15rp CGBP
      15-20rp Neutral Grip Pulldown

> How are your shoulders? Are they healthy? I really like doing behind the neck lat pulldowns. They might be a good option if your shoulders are healthy. I feel like I am really able to get a deep isolated squeeze on my lats with these. You can either add them in here or in another workout.

B2
      11-20rp Drag Curl
      10-20SS Pin Wheel Curls

>Might want to up the lower end of that rep range for bis and forearms. Possibly 15-20rp

>IMO, being that you are doing deadlifts in your next workout, this might not be a good selection for the sake of your lower back. How about GHRs with your feet locked in under the leg pads of a lat pulldown machine (face away from the weight stack and your heels will be under the leg pad. You can hold onto a triceps rope or handles above your head if you need assistance getting back to the starting position), DB RDLs off a box, RDLs (however I would include these during a different workout since you are doing deadlifts in your next training session), DB leg curls, or cable leg curls (place a bench in front of a cable stack and lay face down and either attach ankle cuffs or slide your feet into the Ab Slings used for hanging leg raises and do leg curls like that).**Disclaimer** I got most of these exercises from Scott

20+SS Leg Press

>Smythe squats? Box squats? Hack Squats? This exercise demonstrated by Scott: [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a9KJVHmVig&feature=plcp&context=C3935c1cU DOEgsToPDskJY4GDWmgCT38F8t9lRnLvj[/YOUTUBE]

A3

>Might want to restrict the rep range to 20-30RP. Unless you jump up really quick, a 15 rep rep range might have you using the same weight a for a while. Just my opinion though...

B3
      11-20rp Preacher Curl

>Same comment with the curls as above, might want to use a 15-20rp range.

15-30rp Lying Leg Curls
      6-10SS Squat
      20+SS Squat
      That is just what I came up with now. What are your thoughts on my suggestions? What do others have to say about the layout and suggestions?
      Last edited by mentalflex; 01-14-2012, 12:50 AM.
      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I'm gonna be a dick and ask the usual:
        1) How long you've been seriously lifting
        2) Height, weight, body fat
        3) Goals
        4) Current diet
        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
        kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
          I'm gonna be a dick and ask the usual:
          1) How long you've been seriously lifting
          2) Height, weight, body fat
          3) Goals
          4) Current diet
          3 years+
          5 8 or 9 225 BF...I donno 18-20%
          4. around 2 grams per pound of BW I dont count carbs or fats I just eat a lot. If I guessed probably 80-100 G of carbs per meal.
          Want to save 5% or 10% on your entire order at www.trueprotein.com
          Use discount code JHN125

Come watch me progress in my 5/3/1 journal!

Comment

I'm not sure DC is the best route for you right now. Frankly I think if you stuck with the raw PLing training with hypertrophy accessory work and ate the same as you would with a DC diet, you'd do much better. 3-5 years of training is really not at all conducive to successful DC training.
            Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
            kind of a douche

Comment

As a non dc guy I may be wrong here but looking at your routine.....b2-a3-b3 are all hitting your lower back hard in consecutive workouts.... Aren't you supposed to avoid that? I sure as hell know I do. Hell the only day your not hitting it hard is b1 but you wanna change to GHR which will mean it gets hit hard every day. Not a good idea to me.
              Last edited by thedunhill225; 01-15-2012, 03:34 AM.
              Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
              Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
              Nicki Minaj

Comment

Super thanks!

A1
                11-15rp Incline BB Press
                11-20rp Rack Chins I prefer 15 -25 for width movements. But that's preference.

Set the pin so that the bar is a fist length below the midline of your knee cap. Reset your weights. Use a 6-10 and a 12-15 range. Always loved those for rack pulls
                B1
                20-30rp Standing DB Curl
                20-30rp Hammer Curl Change this to a 12-20ss
                I always preferred a 10-12ss on these...load up that sled and go to town for some heavy weight!
                6-10SS Front Squat
                20+SS Hack Squat
                I would do just a heavier set of hacks for the first set.

A2
                20-30rp Incline DB PressI prefer a 15-25 range
                11-15rp CGBP
                15-20rp Nuteral Grip Pulldown Ditch this in favor of another rack chin variation or a pullup/chinup. The pull down IMO is inferior when utilizing so few movements.
                [8-12]SS [4-8]SS Tbar row 6-8, 10-12

B2
                11-20rp Drag Curl15-25 or a 20-25ish range
                10-20SS Pin Wheel Curls
                11-12SS Standing Calf Raises Might have a hard time doing this if it's with a standing machine. Consider doing an rp set. All the same rules for calves apply, except you only hold the bottom stretch for a true 3 count. Aim for 20-30rp or even higher.

GHRS!!! NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE GHR! If you can add 50 lbs to your ghr's for the same reps you are doing now, your hammys will be exploding!!
                20+SS Leg Press

A3
                20-30rp DB Shoulder Press(I might switch this out for standing overhead press) consider a machine press, a standin or seated military, a poliquins press, a BTN smith. Anything except DB's LOL.

If you use any considerable weight, DB suck for rp sets. Period.

15-30rp EZ bar tri extensionsDIPS!!!! 150-20 rp'd
                11-15rp Close Grip Pull downs Again, pulldowns suck. Pick another chin, rack chin, or even wojo's lat row. It's on the DVD!

B3
                11-20rp Preacher Curl 15-25RP AT LEAST
                15-30rp Lying Leg Curls
                6-10SS Squat
                20+SS Squat
                I may have missed something. But I am in red. Those suggestions are just how I would have taken your setup and tweaked it for me with the least amount of changes. Just my opinion, based on what worked/works for me.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
                -1st SuperHeavy Gi
                2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
                -1st Heavyweight Gi
                2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
                2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                  I'll make my comments in BOLD.

That is just what I came up with now. What are your thoughts on my suggestions? What do others have to say about the layout and suggestions?
                  i love the cable hamstring exercise with the ab apparatus....thanks!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lilarnold View Post
                    i love the cable hamstring exercise with the ab apparatus....thanks!!!!
                    You can thank Scott Stevenson for that one

Cruel and unusual punishment lol
                    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Working...
                    X