Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diet Critique.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Diet Critique.

    Ok guys...so following on from my 2 way split thread I thought I would throw up roughly what i will be following diet wise.

    I can eat a lot of food..like obscene amounts and not get full...bit weird and worrying..i did skip loading for a while and could easily get close to 10-15k cals on a refeed day.

    On training days carbs will be much higher than off days.

    I train around 6.15pm.

    Meal 1 - 7am - 200g Chicken Breast, 1 Scoop Whey isolate, an apple/banana and oats = Aiming to get roughly 70g protein, 100g carbs, minimal fats.
    Meal 2 - 10am - 3 Scoops Whey Blend, 5g Superfood powder, piece of fruit and oats.
    Meal 3 - 12.30pm - 250g Extra Lean Steak Mince, dolmino sauce. Sweet potatoes and veg.
    Meal 4 - 3.00pm - 200g chicken breast, 1 scoop whey isolate - to keep it from being boring was gonna have some warm bread = about 100g carbs.
    Meal 5 - 5.00pm - 3 Scoops Whey Blend, 5g superfood, piece of fruit and oats.

    Train from 6.15 - 7pm ish - Sip 20g BCAA's, 10g EAA's, 3g Arginine, 10g glutamine, 5g leucine. Electrolytes + caffeine.

    7.15pm - PWO - 3 Scoops Whey, 5g superfood. 30g raisins +50g oats, 5g leucine...this is sipped over about a 30minute period..well half is downed straight away..then refilled to top with water...really trying to stay hydrated.

    Meal 7 - 10.00pm - 250g Extra Lean Steak mince, green veg, 1 Scoop Casein.small amount of almonds + 5g Fish Oil, 5g Omega oils.

    To each shake i have i will add extra leucine also - around 3-4g.

    Non workout days will be simply 70g protein and 50g carbs from oats and a piece of fruit for first 2 meals, then next 5 meals will be protein and fats...around 70g protein and 15g fats each meal..so eggs, almonds, salmon and steak etc with evoo.

    Thoughts?

  • #2
    Bump..

    Comment


    • #3
      Total macros? Am I seeing 300 grams of protein from whey?

      Comment


      • #4
        Waiting about 2.5 hrs between your pwo shake and next meal, why? Also, why something relatively slow digesting like oats in the pwo shake?
        2010 NPC North Star

        Comment


        • #5
          Also, your stats?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
            Also, your stats?
            5'5 with brown eyes. Smile like the sunrise.
            Everywhere I go I'm spotted, and everything I want I got it.
            2010 NPC North Star

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
              5'5 with BIG brown eye.
              SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

              - Success is the best revenge

              Comment


              • #8
                Well im 6ft 1, 230lbs atm and about 15% bf.

                Would you add another meal in about 9ish....

                I added oats as i wanted something slower digesting doing...or is that a complete no no?

                Thanks for the replies.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by medici999 View Post
                  Well im 6ft 1, 230lbs atm and about 15% bf.

                  Would you add another meal in about 9ish....

                  I added oats as i wanted something slower digesting doing...or is that a complete no no?

                  Thanks for the replies.
                  Well, I am no one to give advice, I was just curious. I can say though, that Skip has people eat kids cereal PWO because it is fast digesting...... and fucking delicious.
                  2010 NPC North Star

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ok mate.
                    Well thanks anyway. Yeah I know.....hopefully ill get some more feedback.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The first thing that I pops out when I see this is what macho man pointed out. I don't see the need for oats PWO. Unless of course you are doing this and getting great result from it, but I would prefer to go with some sort of fast carb source. If you have a sweet tooth, get your fill right there. Go raid the kiddie cereal aisle!

                      IMO, I would also try to shoot for a whole food meal within the hour following your training session. Possibly another meal that is mainly protein and carbs (perhaps brown rice, sweet potato, oatmeal, Ezekiel bread, quinoa,...something that does not have a huge glycemic impact) and a little bit of a healthy fat source, like some Mac Nut oil, flax, olive oil, Natty PB, avocado,... For me, consuming some type of fat in the mel after training tends to make my joints feel good and lubed up...plus I love my fats

                      For fast carbs, you can also go with rice cakes and whole fruit preserves.

                      Your fat also seems kind of low. What about dropping some of the carbs out of meal two and adding in some fats? Then adding a little bit of health fats to your 4th meal? This is just my personal experience/opinion, but having some good fats spread out throughout the day tends to help provide more sustained energy levels.

                      Medici, what are your thoughts on my suggestions? I'm just brainstorming out loud here hoping to stir the pot a bit...
                      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

                      Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

                      2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                      2015 Beat Cancer!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                        The first thing that I pops out when I see this is what macho man pointed out. I don't see the need for oats PWO. Unless of course you are doing this and getting great result from it, but I would prefer to go with some sort of fast carb source. If you have a sweet tooth, get your fill right there. Go raid the kiddie cereal aisle!

                        IMO, I would also try to shoot for a whole food meal within the hour following your training session. Possibly another meal that is mainly protein and carbs (perhaps brown rice, sweet potato, oatmeal, Ezekiel bread, quinoa,...something that does not have a huge glycemic impact) and a little bit of a healthy fat source, like some Mac Nut oil, flax, olive oil, Natty PB, avocado,... For me, consuming some type of fat in the mel after training tends to make my joints feel good and lubed up...plus I love my fats

                        For fast carbs, you can also go with rice cakes and whole fruit preserves.

                        Your fat also seems kind of low. What about dropping some of the carbs out of meal two and adding in some fats? Then adding a little bit of health fats to your 4th meal? This is just my personal experience/opinion, but having some good fats spread out throughout the day tends to help provide more sustained energy levels.

                        Medici, what are your thoughts on my suggestions? I'm just brainstorming out loud here hoping to stir the pot a bit...
                        Sorry to hijack, but I meant to ask you earlier. How much of your total calories are you eating around your workout? We talking pre/intra/post and post-post?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Quadriceps View Post
                          Sorry to hijack, but I meant to ask you earlier. How much of your total calories are you eating around your workout? We talking pre/intra/post and post-post?
                          Quad, are you asking me? OR Medici?


                          If asking me, I do a shake of about 180 kcals 45 min. prior to training, usually around 1500 - 1530 hours since I eat lunch around 1230 hours. While training I am taking in 50-60g protein and 65-75g carbs with nominal fat. So this comes out to roughly 500kcals during training. With a good portion of that being killed off right at the end of my session. I have been consistently increasing this amount because it is so easy for me to down extra kcals while training and I just love the pump I get from waxy maize / dextrose combo I do have some Karboload on the waxy though :rockon:
                          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

                          Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

                          2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                          2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                          2015 Beat Cancer!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                            Quad, are you asking me? OR Medici?


                            If asking me, I do a shake of about 180 kcals 45 min. prior to training, usually around 1500 - 1530 hours since I eat lunch around 1230 hours. While training I am taking in 50-60g protein and 65-75g carbs with nominal fat. So this comes out to roughly 500kcals during training. With a good portion of that being killed off right at the end of my session. I have been consistently increasing this amount because it is so easy for me to down extra kcals while training and I just love the pump I get from waxy maize / dextrose combo I do have some Karboload on the waxy though :rockon:
                            I was asking you, since I was reading how you managed to stay lean while eating lot of your calories around your training. How do you like having such a small pre-workout meal?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I eat a big meal for lunch and I guess it just seems to work. I mean, hell, I can't complain, if it has been working for me and keeps me happy, why stop lol.

                              The main reason is because I used to eat more but my stomach would be churning right before I started working out and my digestive system is a tricky little mofo lol. So getting just enough to hold me over seems to work for me. I forgot, I do drink BCAAs, prior to training, I just don't count those kcals. This is usually two servings of BCAA plus. So, in actuality I am getting adequate protein between lunch and training.

                              So far, it has been working...and I am not complaining one bit
                              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

                              Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

                              2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                              2015 Beat Cancer!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X