Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2 Way Split Critique...

Hi Guys.

Just done my 2 way split programme, looking to make sure its good to go...
    Done lots of reading...was gonna start DC a year ago but wasnt ready at all.
    Lifts have improved and im now ready for Doggcrapp.

A1-
    Incline Hammer Strength Press (11-20rp)
    (Chest Stretch)
    Smith Machine Shoulder Press (11-15rp)
    (Shoulder Stretch)
    Skullcrushers – (15-30rp)
    (Tricep Stretch)
    Graviton Pull Up – (20-30rp)
    Rack Deadlifts (6-9ss) + (9-12ss)
    (Back Stretch)

B1-
    Barbell Curls (15-20rp)
    Hammer Curls (11-20ss)
    Calves on Leg Press – 12reps + 15s hold
    Seated Leg Curls – (20-30rp)
    Leg Press 6-10reps + 20rep widowmaker

A2 -
    Decline Barbell Bench (11-20rp)
    (Chest Stretch)
    Hammer Strength Shoulder Press – (11-20rp)
    (Shoulder Stretch)
    Reverse Grip Bench Press ( 15-20rp)
    (Tricep Stretch)
    Hammer Strength Lat Pulldown – (15-20rp)
    Pendlay Row – (6-10ss) + (9-15ss)
    (Back Stretch)

B2 -
    Cable Curls (15-20rp)
    Reverse Grip One arm Curls (11-20ss)
    Calves on Calf Machine – 12reps + 15s hold
    SLDL (11-20ss)
    Smith Machine Squat 6-10reps
    Smith Machine Widowmaker 20reps

A3 -
    Decline Dumbell Press (11-20rp)
    (Chest Stretch)
    Dumbell Shoulder Press (11-15rp)
    (Shoulder Stretch)
    Close Grip Bench Press (15-20rp)
    (Tricep Stretch)
    Wide Grip Pull Ups – (15-20rp)
    Floor Deadlifts – (6-10ss) + (9-15ss)
    (Back Stretch)

B3 -
    Dumbell Bicep Curls – (15-20rp)
    Reverse Barbell Curls –(11-20ss)
    Calves on Leg Press Seated – 12reps + 15s hold
    Seated Leg Curls – (20-30rp)
    Squat 6-10reps
    Leg Press 20rep widowmaker

That's the 3 workouts...will be training as advised monday,wed and friday.
    Have just ordered the Jason Wojo DVD also.
    Never ever tried to beat the log book etc before so hoping this will really get me to focus!!

Just a couple quick observations

I would split up your dumbbell pressing movements. If I'm doing seated DB military, I make sure that my Chest movement is a barbell and vice versa. It might not make a difference for you but just something to consider.

I would change seated leg curls with something different. You should have 3 different exercises for each body part. I suggest sumo squats, sumo leg press, DB leg curls, etc.

Depending on how your body reacts to SLDL, you may want to perform those at the end of your leg workout, with only your Quad WM left to finish. SLDL are pretty taxing and I believe are allowed to go at the end. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

After your first blast, take into consideration what went well and what didn't. Make notes in your book about the lift for future reference. That way, when deciding how to plan out your next blast, you'll know exactly how to lay it out.

I may have missed a few things but looks fairly solid. Good Luck out there.

Comment

One quick thing, rather than doing two WM's with leg press, why not do hack squats?

Also, for more well rounded development, instead of having two decline chest movements, possibly doing flat DB presses?

And what is the difference between wide grip pull-ups and the graviton pull-ups? If your shoulders are healthy, behind the neck lat pulldowns are a good option as are wide neutral grip lat pulldowns (I have these in the 11-15 RP range in my program). If you have a training partner rack chins are another winner (just a little tough without a partner or reliable spotter IMO).

Overall, looks good. Blast away!
      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

The graviton are the one Dante describers..narrow grip...big arch.

Comment

Originally posted by medici999 View Post
          The graviton are the one Dante describers..narrow grip...big arch.
          Got it. So you are fine there. I was thinking you were just doing the same motion as a pull-up on the gravitron.

Looks like you did your homework. :yo: Keep us updated on how things are going once you get started. DC is addicting once you start seeing those numbers go up, up and away.
          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
          2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
          2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Overall looks solid. Why the emphasis on decline chest movements?
            -KidRok-
            "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
            5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

On decline.....well, i feel im more of a delt/tri presser...so i though decline would be the best option as then my shoulders are already kind of back...?

I could be wrong though, and im open to suggestions from anyone.

With regards to hack squats...i dont actually have a hack squat rack at my gym as daft as that sounds!~

Thanks for the replies though.

Comment

Also to add...ive been watching alot of Jason Wojo's online seminars etc, and the dvd is on its way to me so when i return from my holiday on 13th Jan ill be in full swing.

Looking forward to it though.

Comment

I am no expert, but I think it looks solid. Only thing that caught my attention is You have SLD, Deadlifts, Squats and Rack pulls in consecutive workouts. I would try and space them out, so You dont tax the lower back to much. However it will be impossible to keep all 4 exercises in the same blast and not do some of them in consecutive workouts. If You have a healthy back it might not be a problem.
                  Also why are You using the Seated leg curl twice?.
                  Last edited by dcwannabee; 12-29-2011, 06:33 PM.

Comment

In my gym for hamstrings I only have a leg curl machine, and then i can do stiff legged.

I have like a leg kickback but dont think that would be suitable?
                    If not ill have to look at a sumo squat and add that in.

I tried workout A1 and it's bloody hard training all that in one session! lol.

The graviton pull ups feel awesome though!

Diet wise.....if people could advise..think ill do ok though.

Ill be getting 500g of protein roughly everyday with an additional 20g bcaa's, 10g eaa's, 10g glutamine and 5g leucine during my workout on training days.

Training days carbs will be quite high...about 500ish...then on non training days I was simply gonna have about 100g of carbs and thats it. Fats will be higher on non training days.

For example...

I train at 6.15pm.

So I would have say

70g protein, 80g carbs + few g's of fats from my meat etc for my first 6meals. including a pwo shake at about 7.15pm..but in my last meal ill keep it just protein and fat.

On a non training day only my first 2 meals will be protein and carbs...then next 5 with be protein,fat and like green veg.

Hoping this will keep me leaner.

Comment

Originally posted by medici999 View Post
                      In my gym for hamstrings I only have a leg curl machine, and then i can do stiff legged.
                      ---I would do a sumo leg press (high and wide).
                      I have like a leg kickback but dont think that would be suitable?
                      If not ill have to look at a sumo squat and add that in.

I tried workout A1 and it's bloody hard training all that in one session! lol.
                      ---In reality it's only 5-6 hard sets once you get through warmups. It's all in the mindset.
                      The graviton pull ups feel awesome though!

Diet wise.....if people could advise..think ill do ok though.
                      ----maybe I missed it, did you give your stats earlier?
                      Ill be getting 500g of protein roughly everyday with an additional 20g bcaa's, 10g eaa's, 10g glutamine and 5g leucine during my workout on training days.

Training days carbs will be quite high...about 500ish...then on non training days I was simply gonna have about 100g of carbs and thats it. Fats will be higher on non training days.

For example...

I train at 6.15pm.

So I would have say

70g protein, 80g carbs + few g's of fats from my meat etc for my first 6meals. including a pwo shake at about 7.15pm..but in my last meal ill keep it just protein and fat.

On a non training day only my first 2 meals will be protein and carbs...then next 5 with be protein,fat and like green veg.

Hoping this will keep me leaner.
                      Above in red...
                      -KidRok-
                      "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                      5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Thanks mate.

Im 6ft 1 ish...about about 230lbs atm...14% bf ish.

Never followed a proper plan or being that serious with nutrition..ive always had a diet to follow as such..but never that high in protein and structured.

Comment

"never ever tried to beat the logbook"

Maybe you should try to do that with a simpler routine? Beating the logbook is something that you should be trying to do even if you aren't doing DC...

Comment

Working...
                          X