Body Fat Distribution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Fat Distribution

I am not sure the proper forum to post this in, and would really appreciate anyone linking any good reads while I use the search function. I am just posting this thread in case someone out there has the answer before I find it my self.

First, I am curious as to the realisms of losing body fat in certain locations vs being forced to lower total body fat %. By this I am wondering if someone can target their legs to drop fat via certain mechanism (muscle gain etc.) without losing upper body fat?

Second, I was wondering if fat loss physiology of females differs from males. If so, how is it different? Is it more effect? less effective? how / why?

using an example of someone I know who is trying to find these answers:

The person seeking answers is a 5'9 145 pound female with an upper body that looks very hard containing abs, veins coming out of the hips, and noticeable definition throughout the whole upper body back/delts/arms. Total body fat of the upper body would look like a male under 10%. She has a 26 inch waste. This same person's lower body is soft and fatty, no definition, no veins, no nothing. The lower body looks like a guy who is 20%+ bf. She has a 40 inch ass and really thick legs, bigcalves.

This person feels that if they lost some lower body fat they would look amazing on a fitness or figure stage.

is it possible for this subject to lose body fat in their lower body, without having to risk their upper body getting even more lean?
    Last edited by syssstem; 12-20-2011, 04:01 AM.

No it is not. Now women in general will store more fat than men in their lower bodies and that will be the last stores of fat burned but you can't 'Target' an area.

BUTT a 40" ass and thick legs with a 26" waist sounds good to ME.
    Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
    Nicki Minaj

Comment

Fat distribution also varies between ethnic groups.

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
        BUTT a 40" ass and thick legs with a 26" waist sounds good to ME.
        SWEET BABY JESUS YES :sammich:
        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
        kind of a douche

Comment

i think pics would help.

Comment

Sure it is possible - but it requires liposuction.

TrueNutrition.com discount code: AAL229 saves you 5%

Feel free to PM me with injury questions - I'll get back to you soon as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post

BUTT a 40" ass and thick legs with a 26" waist sounds...
              And this is a bad thing because....???? My ass is 40 but I'd probably need to remove a rib or two to get my waist to 26....life can be so unfair :Cry::rant::rant:!

But on a serious note, tell her to cozy up to squats, lunges, deadlifts! Ain't nothing wrong with thick legs and calves imo, but being a little more deliberate about getting them to respond. Don't shy away from moving heavy ass weight and progressively so either. The moment I started doing that, my 40" ass didn't seem or look like a bad thing anymore, at least from my boyfriend's perspective! :madgrin::madgrin:
              2005 - JABBFA Body Fitness (Figure) Championships - 4th
              2007 - JABBFA Body Fitness (Figure) Championships - 2nd
              2008 - INBF NYC Hercules - 1st Novice
              2009 - INBF Barbados Universe - Open - 2nd
              2010 - INBF Naturalmania NYC- Open - 1st Heavyweight
              2011 - INBF World Championships - Open - 3rd

Comment

^^^ Absolutely. While big butts don't do much for me, there is a HUGE difference between a 40 inch couch ass and one that could break off a piece of your kit kat bar!
                2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                  ^^^ Absolutely. While big butts don't do much for me, there is a HUGE difference between a 40 inch couch ass and one that could break off a piece of your kit kat bar!
                  If I lost some of my Kit-Kat bar in a chick I'd be pissed off about losing my chocolate until I realized it gave me an excuse to go hunting for it :sammich:
                  Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                  kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by shankuan View Post
                    And this is a bad thing because....???? My ass is 40 but I'd probably need to remove a rib or two to get my waist to 26....life can be so unfair :Cry::rant::rant:!

But on a serious note, tell her to cozy up to squats, lunges, deadlifts! Ain't nothing wrong with thick legs and calves imo, but being a little more deliberate about getting them to respond. Don't shy away from moving heavy ass weight and progressively so either. The moment I started doing that, my 40" ass didn't seem or look like a bad thing anymore, at least from my boyfriend's perspective! :madgrin::madgrin:
                    All I can say is......DAMN! lol. Seriously though, how does one measure their ass? Is it level around at the hips? Just curious.....
                    STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by flamez View Post
                      i think pics would help.
                      lol
                      PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                        All I can say is......DAMN! lol. Seriously though, how does one measure their ass? Is it level around at the hips? Just curious.....
                        I thought it was done using the 2 hand ass grab technique? Are you telling me that the if a 2 hand ass grab doesn't get everything add 2 more and multiply by 10 method is NOT how its done???

Good thing this is not about the bust measurements...:tape::tape2:
                        2005 - JABBFA Body Fitness (Figure) Championships - 4th
                        2007 - JABBFA Body Fitness (Figure) Championships - 2nd
                        2008 - INBF NYC Hercules - 1st Novice
                        2009 - INBF Barbados Universe - Open - 2nd
                        2010 - INBF Naturalmania NYC- Open - 1st Heavyweight
                        2011 - INBF World Championships - Open - 3rd

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                          there is a HUGE difference between a 40 inch couch ass and one that could break off a piece of your kit kat bar!
                          Agreed!
                          2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

She went from 150 with a 135-5 squat to 145 with a 185-5 squat in 3 months. Her upper body is getting thicker and leaner, her lower body is staying the same. I said if she squats 225-5 and her legs don't look less soft, then I know nothing about womens bodies and have to consult other sources. I thought the 185-5 is a pretty middle ground bench marker on our quest to 225 so I thought now might be a good time to get some opinions.

If she does 225-5 and loses another 5 pounds and her legs are still soft, does that mean she needs to:

a) diet harder

b) increase squat more

c) diet + squats dont = ripped legs and I need to think of an alternative method

what one of those?!

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                              SWEET BABY JESUS YES :sammich:
                              as I was writting that I honestly thought you were going to say something funny lol

Comment

Working...
                              X