Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC - just a limited routine?

Hey guys,

Yesterday i had my first dc workout and i must say, that it was harder than expected. I kinda overestimated myself, but it was great!

Now to my question. I found out, that one I will reach my limits and wont be able to add more weights on the exercises. So what can I do when I reach my limits? I mean I can only do 3 exercises for chest (incline bench press at the machine, with dumbells and a barbell), since isolated exercises are not allowed. I know after 6-12 weeks i have to make a break etc. but does is really help to set new limits and keep on progressing with only these 3 exercises?

Btw I'm from germany, so I hope my english is good enough and you guys can understand what I want to tell you. :yo:

Re-read the stickies, as this has been addressed. If you are that limited with exercises, perhaps it isn't the right time to try DCing.

ps. i am a grumpy goon who doesn't like to help anyone.
    Last edited by Jared Ragsdale; 11-29-2011, 12:21 PM.
    2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Do you have an incline or decline bench?
      Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
      FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
      www.316fit.com
      Email: [email protected]

Comment

Which sticky? I have read the most important ones...

@fade: I have both. But Im doing just in incline since the ordinary bench presses and decline bench presses aren't healthy for the shoulders. That's what i have read here!
        Last edited by Mido; 11-29-2011, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mido View Post
          I would read them all, they have all been stickied for a reason. As someone once told me "when learning something new, you must research everything written on the subject. How else do you expect to be able to separate what is important and what is not?"
          2010 NPC North Star

Comment

decline bench presses aren't healthy for the shoulders. That's what i have read here!
            That only applies to flat bench. Decline is a favorite exercise amongst many DCers.
            2010 NPC North Star

Comment

@fade: I have both. But Im doing just in incline since the ordinary bench presses and decline bench presses aren't healthy for the shoulders. That's what i have read here!
              flat bench isn't encouraged and is frowned upon - but If you are limited on exercises you can use it.

So now you have a few more options than you thought.

incline bb
              flat bb
              decline bb
              incline db
              flat db
              (maybe) decline db - if you have a partner
              floor presses
              flyes (not encouraged but if ya need it)

8 exercises to switch out. You'll be fine.
              Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
              FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
              www.316fit.com
              Email: [email protected]

Comment

Aight, thank you guys! Seem like I have to study dc a bit more.

Comment

Aight, thank you guys! Seem like I have to study dc a bit more.
                  Check out this stickie: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=6160

It has DC Approved exercises. And keep reading the stickies.... you can never learn too much
                  Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                  2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                  2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Yes, I just started using Incline DB Flyes in my most recent blast which also includes Incline DB Press and Decline BB.

In the past I've used:
                    Incline BB
                    Incline DB
                    Flat BB
                    Decline BB
                    Smith Incline
                    Smith Decline
                    Hammer Strength Incline
                    Hammer Strength Flat
                    Hammer Strength Decline
                    Incline DB Flye

You can also switch it up for several weeks to break a plateau by using this method:
                    http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=36370

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
                    2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
                    2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
                    2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
                    2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Originally posted by moco View Post

You can also switch it up for several weeks to break a plateau by using this method:
                      http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=36370
                      Just for clarification, I am about 90% sure that the exercise described there was a little trick Dante used as a widow-maker for very advanced guys on the 3-way split. That would not be an ideal DC 2-way exercise as there isn't a ton of room for progression. I won't say much more as I am not qualified to give DC advice.
                      2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                        Just for clarification, I am about 90% sure that the exercise described there was a little trick Dante used as a widow-maker for very advanced guys on the 3-way split. That would not be an ideal DC 2-way exercise as there isn't a ton of room for progression. I won't say much more as I am not qualified to give DC advice.
                        I added that as suggested reading as something that the OP may want to look into down the road if he's really stuck.

Although, Dante does say, "I would like anyone reading this thread who is on the 2 way split....and feels their chest is lacking to do the following.....and no there are no exceptions because this is my deal and im doing it my way."
                        Last edited by moco; 11-29-2011, 03:36 PM.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
                        2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
                        2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
                        2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
                        2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Also keep in mind that after you swap out an exercise you may very well be able to return to it in a following blast and continue to progress.
                          -KidRok-
                          "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                          5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Originally posted by KidRok View Post
                            Also keep in mind that after you swap out an exercise you may very well be able to return to it in a following blast and continue to progress.
                            True, forgot about that

Comment

Working...
                            X