Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what you guys thisk about this diet?

so 6'1 225-227 lbs and 14-15% BF (w/ calipers.) natural

meal 1 6 whites, 1 scoop whey, 2 tbsp PB made into pancakes w/ sugar free syrup
    meal 2 2 scoops whey 2 tbsp pb
    meal 3 8 oz beef 2 cups broccoli 2 tsp evoo
    meal 4 8 0z chicken 1/3 c cashews (no nuts and 3/4 cup oats on training days)
    meal 5 2 scoops whey 2 scoops waixy maize (pb on non training days)
    meal 6 8 0z tilapia 1/3 cup cashews (no nuts, 3/4 oats instead on training days)
    meal 7 6whites 1 scoop whey 2 tbsp pb.....
    cardio everyday except leg day... 30 min interavals on eliptical or stepper during week, 30-45 min steady state on weekend. what you guys think? i took your suggestion about carbs lock it up, but i lowered mine to the bare minimum b/c i wanna get my body fat a lil lower before i add them back in... i was previously at 21 %... very endo type... so i only eat them pre/pwo shake and pwo meal
    I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
    I too like to live dangerously

Macros?

Comment

honestly i dont know what the macros are i tried to jus follow the basic template of dc dieting... i jus wondering if it looks like a solid diet to couple w/ dc training for a dude my size. i get contradicting info from the net on the protien grams in some items... i wiegh all my food and its all cooked but so far this is what i got going

pro pancankes (6 whites 24+ propowder 25) = 49g
      shake= 50g
      steak 50g
      chicken 48g
      shake 50g
      tilapia 48g
      protiens pancakes49

those are the direct sources i get another 28- low 30 something grams a day from the pb/nuts in my diet so i mean that averages out colse to 350 grams of pro a day and its a lil over that b/ci didnt count the exact protien in everything else...sorry im working so havent been able to crunch the exact no... i usually get like 16-20 grams a fat each protien fat meal i think (theres 16 in 2 tbsp pb) and around 20 in cashews i believe... try not to complicate it too much jus wondering if this was more endo approved diet material for dc...
      Last edited by DC_catholic315; 11-09-2011, 01:40 PM.

Comment

im jus trying to pound the protien, fill in the gaps w/ healthy fats, and keep my carbs low as possible...

Comment

Without knowing a whole heck of a lot about you, I would suggest increasing your carbs significantly once a week. Carbs are very anabolic and also can keep your metabolism up (as well as keep you from losing your mind). How long have you been dieting? Have you dieted with carbs and if so, how many and what kind? I see a lot of people out there who claim "carb sensitivity" but their carb quantities, timing, type, etc. may be off and an adjustment here or there is all they need. I personally feel that upon starting a diet it is beneficial to keep your carbs up. Keep them up until you plateau and then start to pull them. Doing it this way will give you a variable to manipulate once your fat loss stalls. If you start out with your carbs super low, where do you go from there? Same thing with cardio. I look at it as a tool to help with the fat loss and I only increase it if need be. This helps preserve muscle and let's be honest, who the hell enjoys a boat load of a cardio. Keeping cardio lower at the start leaves room for adjustments down the road. Remember - the goal is not to lose weight it is to keep/add muscle and drop bodyfat. Being too drastic with any variable will lead to a smaller, stringier version of what you started with.

I am stating all this without knowing much about you or what you look like. Just things that I have found work well for me and many others.
          Last edited by Extreme One; 11-09-2011, 01:55 PM.
          2002 NGA South Jersey Novice Overall Winner
          2008 NPC Gold's Classic Novice MW Third
          2009 NPC Philly Classic Open MW 5th
          2010 NPC Atlantic City Bill Grant Classic Open MW 3rd
          2011 NPC Gold's Classic OPEN MW 2nd

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly...who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause."
          Teddy Roosevelt - 1910

Comment

i actually worked w/ a national quallified bodybuilder and he told me i was carb sensitive. we figured it out by rotating things in and out of my diet...i appreciate the advice... ive been blasting for 5 weeks now... i took a month of due to injury and ate "normal" but in the past i have ate substantial amounts of carbs.. i jus put body fat on quickly... i actually went from a low fat high carb diet w/ 4 30 min cardio sessions to palumbos diet and GAINED wt (10 lbs in 2 months w/ one cheat meal a week and 4 cardio sessions)... it was also when i started dc training and ive figured out that my body jus doesnt need that much of a carb load or that much volume to progress... i really want to get more carbs in my diet but i wanna be a lil leaner before i put em back in...

Comment

i was jus wondering if this was acceptable endo bulking template

Comment

My apologies. Based on the title of your thread I assumed you were looking for advice. Sounds like you have it all figured out. Good luck.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly...who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause."
                Teddy Roosevelt - 1910

Comment

no my apologies extreme one. i didnt mean to come off snippy and you raise many valid points that im interested in implementing. i jus know that there is suppose to be a diffrent guidline for perople to follow on dc training... i was def looking for advice... sorry if it came off goofy... are you advising to have a whole day carb up? and if so would it be best to do it on a non workout day...also what would you consider a good starting point for cardio?

Comment

and what is a good protocol for adding carbs back into your diet when dieting low carb for a while? again xtreme on i didnt mean to sound like a know it all...

Comment

You said you don't know your macros for what you're currently eating. How do you know when you were eating more carbs you weren't simply just consuming too many calories overall? Personally I would figure out what you're aiming for as far as macros are concerned and then build your meal plan based on that.

Comment

i got to thank you guys for the tips and apologize for not being able to spell. when i bulked up with my trainer i was at 400 grams of carbs, 350 on protien and very little fat.. he only counted protien and carbs really b/c we had very little fat in all (like jus tilapia chicken and egg whites w/ oats and sweet potatoes and some whey). how bout a suggestion from you guys about macros? cardio? lock it up gave me some great guidance and im jus tryin to get a couple diffrent prospectives about d/c dieting. the plan above is helping me progressively lean out and my wt is not drastically changing either way and im progressivley gainin on my log book. ive always been a chubby guy and ive got visible upper abs right now. ive done like 200 grams a carbs a day too w/ very little fat in my diet and it made me kinda flat and i was always hungry. honestly on this plan im pretty hungry. extreme one, lock it up, and andrew you guys look sick in yalls avatars!!! im curious what kinda conditioning you guys shoot for offseason? im sorry if ive been confusing? i jus tried to put basic pro fat meals or lean protien and carbs. i got the dc vid w/ wojo and really he said that dcers only count protien and fill in the gaps w/ carbs (or fats) any suggestions from you guys about where to start w/ macros? again lock it up if you read this im jus looking for some diffrent prospectives not downing your plan at all. jus picking you advance dudes brains. like is it ok if your endomorphic to expect mass gains w/ little carbs? sorry extreme i guess i should have origionally posted this!!
                        Last edited by DC_catholic315; 11-09-2011, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DC_catholic315 View Post
                          i got to thank you guys for the tips and apologize for not being able to spell. when i bulked up with my trainer i was at 400 grams of carbs, 350 on protien and very little fat.. he only counted protien and carbs really b/c we had very little fat in all (like jus tilapia chicken and egg whites w/ oats and sweet potatoes and some whey). how bout a suggestion from you guys about macros? cardio? lock it up gave me some great guidance and im jus tryin to get a couple diffrent prospectives about d/c dieting. the plan above is helping me progressively lean out and my wt is not drastically changing either way and im progressivley gainin on my log book. ive always been a chubby guy and ive got visible upper abs right now. ive done like 200 grams a carbs a day too w/ very little fat in my diet and it made me kinda flat and i was always hungry. honestly on this plan im pretty hungry. extreme one, lock it up, and andrew you guys look sick in yalls avatars!!! im curious what kinda conditioning you guys shoot for offseason? im sorry if ive been confusing? i jus tried to put basic pro fat meals or lean protien and carbs. i got the dc vid w/ wojo and really he said that dcers only count protien and fill in the gaps w/ carbs (or fats) any suggestions from you guys about where to start w/ macros? again lock it up if you read this im jus looking for some diffrent prospectives not downing your plan at all. jus picking you advance dudes brains. like is it ok if your endomorphic to expect mass gains w/ little carbs? sorry extreme i guess i should have origionally posted this!!
                          I personally am not a huge fan of high carbs/high protein and no fat OR high fat/high protein/low carb diets....At least for long term. Why not use all three macros? Did you ever think about consuming carbs and poteins in the meals right around your training and earlier in the day and then at some point having a carb cutoff (as Dante suggests) and switching to pro/fat meals? So maybe 400 grams of carbs is too much for you to eat EVERY day. So maybe drop that to about 200-300 grams (vary it from day to day, maybe consume more on weight training days and less on the days you don't). Many people (especially younger guys) have a tendency to make things more complicated than they need to be. Eat plenty of good protein, enough carbs to build/maintain muscle but not so much that you get sloppy. In the later hours of the day, get some good fats and BINGO. There you have it. Consistently do this every day, every week, every month and you will get results. Patience is the key.

Teddy Roosevelt - 1910

Comment

Originally posted by andrewr View Post
                            you said you don't know your macros for what you're currently eating. How do you know when you were eating more carbs you weren't simply just consuming too many calories overall? Personally i would figure out what you're aiming for as far as macros are concerned and then build your meal plan based on that.
                            bingo!

Teddy Roosevelt - 1910

Comment

Originally posted by DC_catholic315 View Post
                              extreme one, lock it up, and andrew you guys look sick in yalls avatars!!! im curious what kinda conditioning you guys shoot for offseason? !!
                              I try to shoot for "not so lean that I limit muscle growth" but "not so sloppy that I have to lose more than 30 pounds to get in contest shape". I usually go by my abs....I want to be able to see them. They may be blurry and not sharp but still visible.

Teddy Roosevelt - 1910

Comment

Working...
                              X