new to DC dieting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to DC dieting?

ive heard a lot about endo diets from you guys and i hear tha your only suppose to eat carbs am/pre/pwo...my question is nontraining days....whats going on there? am carbs and thats it...i personally only eat the pre/pwo and eat pro/fats all other meals. im new to dc and would like some advice from you more experienced guys.. currently i have....
    meal 1 protien pancakes 2 tbps natty pb/1scoop banana myo fusion/6 egg whites, and sugar free jam or syrup

meal 2 2 scoop myofusion w/ 2 tbps natty pb

meal 3 8 oz cod w/ 1/3 cup almonds or cashews

meal 4 (training day) 8 oz chicken w/ 8 oz sweet potato

meal 4 (non training day) 8 oz chicken 1/3 cup cashews or almonds

meal 5 2 scoops iso 100 2 scoops waixy maize (training day)
    meal 5 (non training day) repeat meal 1,2,or 3

meal 6 (training day) repeat meal 3 0r 4
    meal 6 (non training) day 8 oz beef 2 cups broccoli .... i currently do 4 sessions of interavals sprints (20 min) or high incline fast walking (30 or 45 min) on non training days tue, thur, sat sun....any help would be appreciated
    Last edited by DC_catholic315; 10-25-2011, 06:47 PM.
    I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
    I too like to live dangerously

Since you are Catholic, I will be back shortly to give you an extensive list of silly modifications you HAVE to make to your diet because it is the way Jesus ate (or because of religious politics and their affiliation with the fish market hundreds of years ago, I can't remember which is the reason). If you don't follow my instructions to the "T" you will go to hell!

You will also be required to do hours upon hours of cardio consisting of sitting, standing, kneeling, and repeating every 3 mins.

Dislcaimer: I went to Catholic school for 12 years so I can say whatever the hell I want about Catholics, and no, you can't get mad about it.
    Last edited by Macho Man; 10-25-2011, 06:28 PM.
    2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Uh... Wut?

Comment

actually i though it was hilarious....

Comment

i mean on non training days for endos whta would be the suggested way to eat.... like carbs at your first meal and then protien/fats the rest of the day?

Comment

I would say try eating carbs through lunch and then go to pro-fat. If you gain too much weight, try dropping carbs a meal earlier.
            2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
              Since you are Catholic, I will be back shortly to give you an extensive list of silly modifications you HAVE to make to your diet because it is the way Jesus ate (or because of religious politics and their affiliation with the fish market hundreds of years ago, I can't remember which is the reason). If you don't follow my instructions to the "T" you will go to hell!

You will also be required to do hours upon hours of cardio consisting of sitting, standing, kneeling, and repeating every 3 mins.

Dislcaimer: I went to Catholic school for 12 years so I can say whatever the hell I want about Catholics, and no, you can't get mad about it.
              LOL, that came out of nowhere.
              My Training Journal

Comment

thanks man ill try that out... ill put em with my first 3 and well see....

Comment

Try this approach...

TRAINING DAYS

Pro/carb
                  Pro/fat
                  Pre workout shake (pro/carb)
                  Post workout shake (pro/carb)
                  Post workout whole food meal pro/carb
                  Pro/fat all the way till bed.

NON-TRAIINING DAYS:
                  Morning LISS cardio
                  Pro/fat
                  Pro/carb
                  Pro/carb OR FAT (depending on just how easy you tend to but on bodyfat)
                  Pro/fat rest of day

By eating your first meal as pro/fat on your off days, and utilizing cardio, you can kinda force your body to utilize some fat stores on your off days, and since you won't be training, no need to over do it on the carbs.

I did it this way for a long while, and it worked...and I have a real tendency to get fat quickly.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
                  -1st SuperHeavy Gi
                  2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
                  -1st Heavyweight Gi
                  2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
                  2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

looks solid man i like that idea... i feel you on that build body fat quick stuff.... i like the idea of a post workout shake and whole food meal.... ill try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by DC_catholic315 View Post
                      looks solid man i like that idea... i feel you on that build body fat quick stuff.... i like the idea of a post workout shake and whole food meal.... ill try it out.
                      Just make sure you down your PoWO shake, then go home, get a shower or whatever, and then eat your whole food meal (should be around an hour after your shake or so). Otherwise... :puke:

-1st SuperHeavy Gi
                      -1st Heavyweight Gi

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

Comment

yea... i had a trainer who did diets and program for me (super high volume :-( and all i had from 6-10 was 1 protien shake (no carbs) and egg whites and veggies.... so i was terrified of carbs for a while.. i liked palumbos diet but you flatten out so quick and workouts are way better with fuel in the tank.... i like the plan you got goin...ive been doin it since i got your post all smiles now... how you feel about hiit?

Comment

Originally posted by DC_catholic315 View Post
                          yea... i had a trainer who did diets and program for me (super high volume :-( and all i had from 6-10 was 1 protien shake (no carbs) and egg whites and veggies.... so i was terrified of carbs for a while.. i liked palumbos diet but you flatten out so quick and workouts are way better with fuel in the tank.... i like the plan you got goin...ive been doin it since i got your post all smiles now... how you feel about hiit?
                          Hiit, IMO, can be really effective at stripping away fat. HOWEVER, Personally for me it was hard to do it even pre-contest at my lightest. If you are sub-200lbs it probably is a great tool, but I know I can't do it on a consistent basis. My legs are already beat up enough for 5 days following training them, LOL. It just crushes my knees when I am really lean for whatever reason (if we are talking bout sprints). I would only ever use it if I got to a roadblock and some stubborn fat was refusing to budge. I did HIIT for a few weeks this past prep just to get through some problem areas. I did 15 minutes of all out sprint till I had to slow down, followed by walking just to get my heart rate under control, and then back sprinting, after I completed the 15 mins I did 30-45 mins of low intensity walking (heart rate @ 120-130bpm) I do it occasionally on an elliptical because it's so low impact though...nice change up.

BUT, IMO steady state, low intensity cardio is the way to go for someone looking to be as big and ripped as possible. That's just me. Honestly, I just feel like there is so much you can do with your diet/supplementation to strip away the fat before cardio even needs to be utilized. Meal timing, supplement timing, all of it plays a huge role. It's when you start getting sub 10% bodyfat where cardio helps out a lot. Just my opinion.

There was actually a LONG thread in the main discussion section a while back. ...lemme see if I can find it.

EDIT: Here you go. It's a good discussion.
                          http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=43965
                          Last edited by Lock it Up; 10-28-2011, 04:44 PM.

-1st SuperHeavy Gi
                          -1st Heavyweight Gi

Comment

thanks man great thread... yea i know... sprinting kills my knees too.. i walk on a very high incline very fast for 1-2 min and lower the incline or reduce speed for 1-2 minor use the stepper in the same fashion... also jump rope helps for like 1 min jumps and 30 sec rest..or i train abs inbtw sets of jumps.... but no sprints especially after DC widowmakers...

Comment

i thought that might help your knees if you like hiit...it helped mine... running at 230+ sucks...

Comment

Working...
                              X