Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean Diet advice

I am 6'2" 215lbs 17% with calipers -20% neck waist measurement

I lift 3 times a week (very consistent for 1 year now)
    I eat six meals a day (very consistent for 3 months)
    I will implement morning fasted walking and Running on OFF days to start reducing fat.

I would like advice on my food choices, my meals are as follows

Chicken breast
    1 cup rice
    1.5 cups broccoli

2 Scoops whey
    1 cup oatmeal

Chicken breast
    1 cup rice
    1.5 cups cauliflower

2 Scoops whey
    1 cup oatmeal

Top sirloin
    Asparagus

2 scoops whey

Totals about 2700 cals 340G protein making it 50%P, 30%C, 20%F

Is this a "CLEAN" Diet?
    Are my Macros good for gaining lean mass while Loosing fat?

These are pretty much my macros right now (cutting), although I'm around 2400 calories.

Comment

No roast beef!! (avatar)
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Comment

Originally posted by strewwwth View Post
        No roast beef!! (avatar)

It's flank. I ate so much of it I'm doing sirloin for a while.

Comment

Do you eat 6 meals because you think you need to or because you have trouble eating big meals?

Comment

To address the question as to whether this is a "CLEAN" diet, yes. Unless you are slathering your food with butter, cooking with grease, using sugar loaded sauces or things along those lines, I would consider it clean.

Although you say your macros are 50%P, 30%C, 20%F, I really don't see where the fat is coming from based on your food choices. Chicken breast has minimal fat and sirloin is a lean cut of beef, and your other food choices do not contain any significant amount of fat.

If you are looking to create lean mass, have you considered eating more carbs on your training days and less on your off days? On your off days you can add some extra fats to some of your meals in lieu of carbs and on training days try increasing carb intake around your training time.
            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
            2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I am going to be blunt and tell you if you are that height (my height too) at your weight and bodyfat, you aren't holding much size...

Since you are here on IM in the pound, I am GUESSING you want to become quite large...

Your diet ain't gonna cut it. Start throwing caution to the wind and eating until you wanna burst, wait 2 hours, than do it again. Maintain your cardio, CRUSH yourself with heavy weights and come back in a year and tell us of your progress.

Stop worrying about eating clean, and worry about EATING MORE. Search the thread "diet" by Massive G. Read it and it will tell you pretty much a dummy proof method of eating to put on size.

Now, if you are going to reply with I just want to add a little size slowly and keep your abs, or something along those lines, I will simply just say:

1: Great, up your protein and progress in strength, you will get there eventually.

2. You're in the wrong place for that kind of advice.

Good luck

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
              -1st SuperHeavy Gi
              2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
              -1st Heavyweight Gi
              2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
              2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCrazy View Post
                Do you eat 6 meals because you think you need to or because you have trouble eating big meals?
                If I eat big meals I only get down one or two.
                If I use Shakes (1 cup of oats and 50g of whey) I can get down some more.

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                  To address the question as to whether this is a "CLEAN" diet, yes. Unless you are slathering your food with butter, cooking with grease, using sugar loaded sauces or things along those lines, I would consider it clean.

Although you say your macros are 50%P, 30%C, 20%F, I really don't see where the fat is coming from based on your food choices. Chicken breast has minimal fat and sirloin is a lean cut of beef, and your other food choices do not contain any significant amount of fat.

If you are looking to create lean mass, have you considered eating more carbs on your training days and less on your off days? On your off days you can add some extra fats to some of your meals in lieu of carbs and on training days try increasing carb intake around your training time.
                  Originally posted by Lock it Up View Post
                  I am going to be blunt and tell you if you are that height (my height too) at your weight and bodyfat, you aren't holding much size...

Since you are here on IM in the pound, I am GUESSING you want to become quite large...

Your diet ain't gonna cut it. Start throwing caution to the wind and eating until you wanna burst, wait 2 hours, than do it again. Maintain your cardio, CRUSH yourself with heavy weights and come back in a year and tell us of your progress.

Stop worrying about eating clean, and worry about EATING MORE. Search the thread "diet" by Massive G. Read it and it will tell you pretty much a dummy proof method of eating to put on size.

Now, if you are going to reply with I just want to add a little size slowly and keep your abs, or something along those lines, I will simply just say:

1: Great, up your protein and progress in strength, you will get there eventually.

2. You're in the wrong place for that kind of advice.

Good luck

Thanks for being blunt.

I have no visible ABS, so that's not a concern for me. However I do have a 36" waist and can only get up to about 38"-39" before the military will kick me out.

In order to prevent adding more then 3-4" to my waist how much weight should I look at putting on each week?

Do I add more carbs or more protein? Or both.

I do a 3x5 routine and max out the reps on the 3rd set (M,W,F). Followed by Pushups and situps for my military testing.
                  Fasted morning walks about 30-40 min (Should I add YHCL to this to help prevent fat or does that make no since when gaining weight?)
                  And 30 Minutes of med-hi intensity Cardio (T,T,S)

Let me know if I'm way off the mark here.

Comment

Originally posted by will784 View Post
                    Thanks for being blunt.

I have no visible ABS, so that's not a concern for me. However I do have a 36" waist and can only get up to about 38"-39" before the military will kick me out.

In order to prevent adding more then 3-4" to my waist how much weight should I look at putting on each week?

Do I add more carbs or more protein? Or both.

I do a 3x5 routine and max out the reps on the 3rd set (M,W,F). Followed by Pushups and situps for my military testing.
                    Fasted morning walks about 30-40 min (Should I add YHCL to this to help prevent fat or does that make no since when gaining weight?)
                    And 30 Minutes of med-hi intensity Cardio (T,T,S)

Let me know if I'm way off the mark here.
                    If you need to keep your wasitline down, I would start throwing in green tea caps to the mix daily, do cardio 3-4 times per week, and shoot to put on MAYBE 1lb per week...it's tough to say, as that is something that is very individual (some guys put fat on one or two areas, other guys lay it down evenly).

Add more protein and fat, lower the carbs. Dummy proof method:

Want to add muscle? Eat lots of food. Want to add only muscle, I.E. Gain slowly? Watch you carbs, but still eat a lot of food. Want to shred some fat? Keep your protein high, replace some of your carbs with fat but eat at a caloric deficit and do more cardio.

In other words, in your situation, I would up the protein, and actually lower the carbs. Most people over eat carbs. You don't need as much as you think.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
                    -1st SuperHeavy Gi
                    2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
                    -1st Heavyweight Gi
                    2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
                    2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

You could also eat right about maintenance, add a bit of cardio and try to shed a bit of fat while growing a bit too....it sounds like you're concerned about getting too heavy due to your job..... Just try to exchange weight, losing a little fat and gaining a bit of muscle and getting stronger, then if you wanna get huge when you get out of the military, you will be at a good point to really pound some food and grow....
                      Last edited by steel1970; 11-03-2011, 01:31 PM.
                      STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                        You could also eat right about maintenance, add a bit of cardio and try to shed a bit of fat while growing a bit too....it sounds like you're concerned about getting too heavy due to your job..... Just try to exchange weight, losing a little fat and gaining a bit of muscle and getting stronger, then if you wanna get huge when you get out of the military, you will be at a good point to really pound some food and grow....

I have another 8 years until I can get out. I'll be 42.
                        I'm really looking to make a difference over the next 2-3 years.

Comment

in the "DIET" thread it mentioned grinding chicken.

Does that mean grinding it like hamburger?
                          Do the patties stay together on the grill or do you cook them in a pan?
                          Do you guys add anything in them to keep them together? Or for flavor?

I was thinking of adding olive oil for a healthy fat instead of eating thighs...
                          Last edited by will784; 11-03-2011, 06:52 PM. Reason: added

Comment

Originally posted by will784 View Post
                            I have another 8 years until I can get out. I'll be 42.
                            I'm really looking to make a difference over the next 2-3 years.
                            Oh, I see....are you a lifer who's gonna retire in 8 years? If so, good for you! All good advice in here, just pick a plan of attack and keep an eye on the waistline....good luck!
                            STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

OK so i stayed the same size on the 3k diet for 3 weeks
                              I am upping it this week to approx 3800.

2 scoops WPC/1 cup dry oatmeal/1 banana

10oz chick breast/2tbs mayo/.5cup dry rice

2 scoops WPC/1 cup dry oatmeal/1 apple

10oz chick breast/2tbs mayo/.5cup dry rice

13oz steak/2+tbs bbq sauce/.5cup dry rice

2 scoops WPC / 4000mg fishoil

It's harder to get it all down but hopefully the extra carbs will spur muscle growth and not fat.

Does the type of protein I use really matter? Is there a benefit to paying twice as much for team skip?

Comment

Working...
                              X