New comer....have a few ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New comer....have a few ?'s

So I am new to DC Training. I bought the dvd by Jason Wojo....watched it and alot of my questions were answered but i stil have some.
    SO i understand the rest pause sets, i understand the extreme stretching and i know how to do the exercises that they went over.

However i am a little confused as to the actuall regiment itself.

Here is what i understood.

Workout 3 days a week. First monday would be chest, shoulders, etc. and then on wend it would be biceps, quads....etc. Well on friday i am going to be doing the chest workout again but all the exercies should be different from on monday right? then on the next monday when i do biceps and legs that workout is going to be different than the first biceps and leg workout. Is this correct? Bascially it seems like to me that you hahve 3 different workouts ( with different exercises for each workout)

It would be like Chest1 Legs1, then Chest 2 legs 2, then chest 3 legs 3. After that, what do i do? Start all over with the Chest 1 and legs 1 and go through that cycle like 3 times and then after that change up all the exercises again?

I guess the main thing the dvd was missing was actually workout templates. I feel like there would be alot less questions and confusion amongst everyone if there were more clear cuts "guidelines" for a lack of a better word. Thanks for your help in advance guys. I am starting DC tomorrow and i am super excited. I am currently 178 trying to get up to 185-190ish

http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=19724
    TRUE PROTEIN Discount Code- CSH730

Comment

Originally posted by darkguitars2000 View Post
      Read that
      Max Muscle
      5020 Katella Ave.
      Los Alamitos, CA 90720
      www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Short answer...yes you have the cycle right. Its a 2 week cycle, 3 separate exercise days for each, with 3 separate exercise for each. So take chest, you would do say Incline press on Monday, Db press on Friday, and Hammer STr press on the following Wed. Then you start the cycle over again, raising weights or reps.
        Lets get serious. Lets get ugly. Beat the logbook - Gollum
        BEAT YOUR FREAKING LOGBOOK! That's what you should be worrying about - DC

It has everything to do with what you put in your mouth. Stop putting unhealthy shit in your mouth - trucelt

Save 5% at TrueProtein.com - snc768

Comment

Originally posted by Glyder View Post
          Short answer...yes you have the cycle right. Its a 2 week cycle, 3 separate exercise days for each, with 3 separate exercise for each. So take chest, you would do say Incline press on Monday, Db press on Friday, and Hammer STr press on the following Wed. Then you start the cycle over again, raising weights or reps.
          okay. thanks for your answer man. I really appreciate you helping me out. So since it will take two weeks to get through this cycle, how long should do the cycle? To me it seems like run through the cycle 3 times ( which would be 6 weeks total) and then "cruise" for 1-2 weeks. THen would it be good to "blast" and start the cycle all over again? Maybe each time i start a blast i should change the exercies from the previous blast cycle. Again, thanks for your answer in advance

Comment

The length all depends on you, and your recovery. If your going all out, like you should be, with hitting your rep ranges and static holds, and doing the stretches, you can go easily 6-8 weeks, maybe longer depending on recovery. Some people say they go 12 weeks. Personally I usually start feeling it at the 5th week, and know that its coming close to cruise time. So I usually go 6 weeks.

You then cruise for however long you want...1-2 weeks, or 10 days or whatever. Come back and pick up where you left off. You MAY need to drop the weights SLIGHTLY, to start up again, but shouldn't have to go down too much.

As for changing up the exercises, you don't until you miss your rep ranges for that exercise. You progress on the exercise till you can't progress anymore, and thats through cycles. Once you can't progress, you get one more shot at it next time around. If you can't, you drop it for a new exercise.

I don't mind answering your questions, so no worries, but make sure you get the required reading in too. Find some DC journals, talk with guys doing DC and post up a potential workout so people can comment and critique it. You will get lots of good advice about rep ranges for certain exercises, which exercises to avoid if your doing other exercises etc.

It has everything to do with what you put in your mouth. Stop putting unhealthy shit in your mouth - trucelt

Comment

okay. well for my first workout yesterday i did the workout that they did in the DVD. It was Smith Machine incline press, Machine shoulder press ( bc my right should has been hurting and the shoulder press was at an angle rather than straight up and down with dumbells which hurts) Smith machines reverse grip press, front rack chins, and deadlifts.

Tomorrow's workout consist of Sitting double bicep curl, pinwheel curls, donkey calf raises, lying leg curl, and leg press.

Those were the exercies that WOJO did in the DC DVD that i ordered. I figured that would be a good place to start. Now, i need to put together a two more workouts for he remainder of this cycle

Comment

Or you could goto the Journals section here and check out what other people are doing. Get an idea of how to structure your lifts. etc

Comment

Here is the link to a thread that has a bunch of DC Approved exercises: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=6160

This might help you structure your workouts.
                  Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                  2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                  2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

i am starting my first low vlume training with DC and i know my recovery sucks (sleep and nutrition lacking).. do you think it'd be possible to just do each body part once a week instead of twice a week (3 day split isntead of 2 day split).. instead of chest, shoulders, tris, back in one day.. i would just do chest and tris.. and then do back and shoulders a different day.. however, i don't just leave the gym.. i do tons of ab and core work the rest of the time im there. i just feel like the energy i use to blast my chest with the rest pausing and tris are all gone by the time i get to the last 2 (unless im having a great day with jack3d and lots of rest the night before).. im gonna try this until my recovery improves and then do the 2 day split... i feel like im taxing my CNS a bit way too much.. before i had a good foundation but now i feel like a newb again to bulking but definately wnat to use DC to bulk in the offseason.. seems like its working for me so far..

Comment

Originally posted by Martian View Post
                      i am starting my first low vlume training with DC and i know my recovery sucks (sleep and nutrition lacking).. do you think it'd be possible to just do each body part once a week instead of twice a week (3 day split isntead of 2 day split).. instead of chest, shoulders, tris, back in one day.. i would just do chest and tris.. and then do back and shoulders a different day.. however, i don't just leave the gym.. i do tons of ab and core work the rest of the time im there. i just feel like the energy i use to blast my chest with the rest pausing and tris are all gone by the time i get to the last 2 (unless im having a great day with jack3d and lots of rest the night before).. im gonna try this until my recovery improves and then do the 2 day split... i feel like im taxing my CNS a bit way too much.. before i had a good foundation but now i feel like a newb again to bulking but definately wnat to use DC to bulk in the offseason.. seems like its working for me so far..
                      Well if you design your training schedule as you outline then you really aren't doing DC, are you? Why not just do something like a 5x5 program and when your recovery is better, move to DC training?

Didn't you post this in two threads?
                      Last edited by mentalflex; 10-20-2011, 04:20 PM.
                      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by Martian View Post
                        If you're not getting enough sleep and your diet sucks, then there's no way you're gonna get the results you are looking for....clean up the important stuff now and then after you make some good progress revisit DC.....I agree with Mentalflex, pick a standard program and run it till the wheels fall off. Use this time to get all your ducks in a row....You can't make big gains on DC if everything is not in order, like diet and rest.....
                        STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by hondabomdc5 View Post
                          okay. well for my first workout yesterday i did the workout that they did in the DVD. It was Smith Machine incline press, Machine shoulder press ( bc my right should has been hurting and the shoulder press was at an angle rather than straight up and down with dumbells which hurts) Smith machines reverse grip press, front rack chins, and deadlifts.

Tomorrow's workout consist of Sitting double bicep curl, pinwheel curls, donkey calf raises, lying leg curl, and leg press.

Those were the exercies that WOJO did in the DC DVD that i ordered. I figured that would be a good place to start. Now, i need to put together a two more workouts for he remainder of this cycle
                          I understand you are anxious to get started, but I have to question why anyone would start a program without having the entire program planned out on paper?
                          -KidRok-
                          "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                          5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Working...
                          X