All the info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the info

Hey there. I have been wanting to start DC for a while now. Just ordered the training dvd from Truprotein. Can anyone give me some more advise as to whatelse I should get my hands on?

Wrap your mind around all the threads here, just read, read, read, read, read.

http://intensemuscle.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45 Read all the stickies there and get started.
    …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

Go read the stickies. Then read them again. Then check out peoples journals. THen develop a workout, and post it here for people to critique and give pointers and ideas. Biggest questions are always "why can't I do flat bench?" and "How many reps should I be doing".

If your over 34, read the "Read this if your over 34" thread.

Welcome to DC
      Lets get serious. Lets get ugly. Beat the logbook - Gollum
      BEAT YOUR FREAKING LOGBOOK! That's what you should be worrying about - DC

It has everything to do with what you put in your mouth. Stop putting unhealthy shit in your mouth - trucelt

Save 5% at TrueProtein.com - snc768

Comment

Ok. Will do. Thanks fellas!

Comment

now i am really sorry to hijack this thread to put my question here, but starting new thread requires one to have at least 3 posts... now where am i suppose to get those from??lolz

so my question: its been almost 3 weeks while i am on DC. all is as per the rule book & results are also as promised by the rule book ! just one thing i find very difficult is to do Back - width & thickness, after the very grueling chest/shoulder/triceps session. so is it possible / allowed that i move back to along with leg/biceps day? i know i can hit back then more brutally.

all other things remain unchanged & as prescribe in original template.

Thanks guys & apologies to OP.

Comment

Originally posted by greatkeen View Post
            ... just one thing i find very difficult is to do Back - width & thickness, after the very grueling chest/shoulder/triceps session. so is it possible / allowed that i move back to along with leg/biceps day? i know i can hit back then more brutally.

How do you plan on doing a full leg workout after doing back? Of course you can do better 2 days later from a CST workout, but then something on your biceps/legs day will suffer.

Maybe your starting weights are too much, maybe your doing too many warmup sets. If your doing 4-5 warmup sets for chest, 4-5 for shoulders, 4-5 for triceps...then your R/P sets, thats something to look at. By the time I am done chest, I do a couple quick warmups for shoulders and triceps and go.

Just suck it up and hammer the weights as hard as you can following the template.

Or, just try it for a blast, and see how it goes. Its your body, if you feel that you need to change Dante's workout (ya know, the one he worked on for years and modified until it was perfected) to suit your personal needs, then go for it.

Personally, I don't think it will work very well for you.

It has everything to do with what you put in your mouth. Stop putting unhealthy shit in your mouth - trucelt

Comment

now i am really sorry to hijack this thread to put my question here, but starting new thread requires one to have at least 3 posts... now where am i suppose to get those from??lolz

so my question: its been almost 3 weeks while i am on DC. all is as per the rule book & results are also as promised by the rule book ! just one thing i find very difficult is to do Back - width & thickness, after the very grueling chest/shoulder/triceps session. so is it possible / allowed that i move back to along with leg/biceps day? i know i can hit back then more brutally.

It the behemoths that use DC can perform the 2-way split as Dante has laid it out...then you have no excuse. Period. You will adapt. Grit your teeth, don;t over analyze and do it.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
              -1st SuperHeavy Gi
              2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
              -1st Heavyweight Gi
              2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
              2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Maybe this is a sign that you're not ready for DC mentally and/or physiologically. Not a jab by any means, but maybe you should take a moment and be brutally honest with yourself when asking: Am I ready for this? Or would something like 5x5, 5/3/1, etc be more suitable for me at this point?

This is all just opinions at first read, as I know nothing about you, your diet, your training history, your goals, etc... Perhaps you should share those as well, and people will be better able to give you advice

MT

Comment

Thank u all for giving me feedback...i am totally new to DC, as i said been doing it honestly for 3 straight weeks & love every bit of it. i have though read every thing i could abt dc (even the original dc bible - cycle for pennies).

however, i am no newbie to iron..i have been lifting straight up for 12 yrs (am 30 now). and i am not doing excessive number of sets or too heavy of a set for warm ups.

The problem i face is that i give my literally 110% to chest - 1 set RP-13-14 reps, hit shoulder with absolute similar brutality & then triceps. but then my whole upper area is so bloody sore/pumped up, that i am unable to give the same 110% to 1 set for back width & thickness.

and i really feel that even after doing my leg workout (including the WM) with full honesty, i still have more energy & mental focus to back as compared to if i do it after chest shoulder day.

i also understand that changing the godly template is an unforgivable sin, but wat if i am able to achieve the ultimate goal of constant progression in weights better this way?

really need expert advice before doing this unholy act..

Comment

Thank u all for giving me feedback...i am totally new to DC, as i said been doing it honestly for 3 straight weeks & love every bit of it. i have though read every thing i could abt dc (even the original dc bible - cycle for pennies).

however, i am no newbie to iron..i have been lifting straight up for 12 yrs (am 30 now). and i am not doing excessive number of sets or too heavy of a set for warm ups.

The problem i face is that i give my literally 110% to chest - 1 set RP-13-14 reps, hit shoulder with absolute similar brutality & then triceps. but then my whole upper area is so bloody sore/pumped up, that i am unable to give the same 110% to 1 set for back width & thickness.

and i really feel that even after doing my leg workout (including the WM) with full honesty, i still have more energy & mental focus to back as compared to if i do it after chest shoulder day.

i also understand that changing the godly template is an unforgivable sin, but wat if i am able to achieve the ultimate goal of constant progression in weights better this way?

really need expert advice before doing this unholy act..
                    Do whatever you deem needed...but don't call it DC. Do it as it is laid out and you WILL adapt. Harden up. I can tell you after just chest I feel like packing it in. But it never happens.

This is unless, of course, you are crazy advanced and are inclining 405 for 15 rp, shoulder pressing a house, and doing dips with Rosie O'donnel strapped to your waist @ at a bodyweight of 250+. If that's the case, then maybe you have a point...then switch to the three way split

-1st SuperHeavy Gi
                    -1st Heavyweight Gi

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

Comment

Originally posted by Lock it Up View Post
                      Do whatever you deem needed...but don't call it DC. Do it as it is laid out and you WILL adapt. Harden up. I can tell you after just chest I feel like packing it in. But it never happens.

This is unless, of course, you are crazy advanced and are inclining 405 for 15 rp, shoulder pressing a house, and doing dips with Rosie O'donnel strapped to your waist @ at a bodyweight of 250+. If that's the case, then maybe you have a point...then switch to the three way split
                      i think i am close to all that, but ur point also taken well... if i want to do DC then will have to do it DC way...so its as its laid out for me..

though my concern was because of both physical & mental focus that i tend to loose somewat (if i should say that) after chest/shoulder..

anyways, thanks.

Comment

I have always found that the extreme stretches done right away after each bodypart brings me back into focus. Laying on the bench with the DBs stretching your aching chest for 60-90 seconds, then dropping them and getting up and being barely able to move for a bit brings me back in. Cause after I can move, I feel a rush, I feel great, ready for shoulders.

Yes, the first few weeks or blast is hard on your body. You have to grind through back width, chest and arms aching. Get straps...they help a ton. Finish BW and do whatever you need to get set up to blast out your BT. You will do it. Trust me, if a fatass like me can progress on DC, and very well, then so can you.

Comment

How long do your sessions take keen? I know the guys who say they can get in and out of the gym in 45 minutes...well they aren't shattering worlds or anything.

Take more time between your exercises. As glyder said, stretch after each bodypart, and not at the end. It will help refocus you. IMO, their is nothing wrong with finishing up chest, collecting your thoughts for a couple minutes (like 120 seconds), stretch, then rest for another 5 minutes between your stretch and you next exercise...if you are pushing big weight, then it's needed sometimes. Walk around, loosen back up, get a drink, take a piss, pick out a song on your ipod to play for your next RP, stare at the logbook cursing at it... Just don't make your sessions turn into a marathon.

-1st SuperHeavy Gi
                          -1st Heavyweight Gi

Comment

thanks guys, all this feedback is much appreciated.

well i too stretch after finishing the body part completely with desired RP reps. I never thought stretching could feel so good, though i have always stretched my back & shoulders some what, in past, but really never so religiously to make it a 60sec...its def good.

one point i just picked from your post about my ipod & cursing the log book (lolz) is to take a little longer say upto 5 mins before going to next body part.. this could help .. i think...

either ways, did chest, shoulder, triceps, back (W & T) workout yesterday, thinking if i want to tell people i am on DC, then i have to follow DC as is laid.. strangely it worked better...
                            Last edited by greatkeen; 11-03-2011, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X