Deads and racks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deads and racks

just looking for opinions on doing deadlifts and racks in the same blast?
    Do you guys think it would be too much on the lower back?

Originally posted by milkis4babies View Post
    just looking for opinions on doing deadlifts and racks in the same blast?
    Do you guys think it would be too much on the lower back?
    Depends on you.

There's lots of threads on this.

Either try doing both and see how you recover, or only use one and don't worry about it. Don't micro manage, JUST PROGRESS ON YOUR LIFTS.

Comment

However, if you do them both, I would do the harder of the two on a Friday, so that you get an extra day for recovery 'cause of the weekend.

Comment

yeah i was rearranging them so i make sure i get the extra rest same thing with squats and smith squats. thanks man

Comment

I couldn't handle it. After first rotation my deadlift weight went down and my lower back was wrecked most of the time. I was also back squatting during the blast. Since I either rack dead or floor dead and rotate each blast.

Comment

Best advice I can give is to try it and see how your recovery goes. just be alert to the signals of overtraining so you can adjust before it becomes to severe. Your leg exercise selection may come into play as well in effecting whether or not you can handle both deads and rackdeads together.
            -KidRok-
            "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
            5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

It was too much for me when I used to do them.....

Comment

I tried em for my first 2 blasts way long ago, and ended up alternating them. Too much with squats, deads, rack deads and (maybe) SLDL.

See how it goes.
                Lets get serious. Lets get ugly. Beat the logbook - Gollum
                BEAT YOUR FREAKING LOGBOOK! That's what you should be worrying about - DC

It has everything to do with what you put in your mouth. Stop putting unhealthy shit in your mouth - trucelt

Save 5% at TrueProtein.com - snc768

Comment

One thing I like in regular training (I have trained DC in the past) that I think would also work well with DC is to take a blast doing deficit Deadlifts, then do regular deadlfts on the next blast and then on athird blast do rack pulls. Although the training is different this is how Mike Francois progresses his clients and these guys have some thick backs to say the least. IMO, doing them in the same blast would be too redundant. I also don't see the purpose. It goes against the idea behind rotating exercises.
                  1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
                  2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
                  2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
                  2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
                  2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
                  2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
                  Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

i had good luck doing rows on mon (barbell) and friday (dumbell rows on bench) on the first week (a1 a2), with squats on wednesday (b1) and on wednesday (b2) doing racks or deadlifts and doing leg presses friday (my a3) the last day of the rotation. this way your lower back isnt recked for barbell rows mon or squats wednesday b/c you got extra rest. i tried deadlifts racks and squats in the same blast and it KILLED my back... you can do smith squats or hack squats on monday (a little better support for the back) personally it just worked better for my one upper body day of the second week to be rack pulls and leg presses (SS and widowmaker) to be on friday (b/c intense rack pulls for 6-8 and 10-12 will dcstroy your back...
                    I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
                    I too like to live dangerously

Comment

hope that wasnt too confusing????
                      I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
                      I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Every week I do 3 types of deadlifts with fairly high intensity, I don't see why one week you couldn't do them on wednesday(full deads) and rack deads the following monday, if you are squatting and doin sldl's you may have to adjust it accordingly so maybe wednesday deadlifts, following wednesday squats and the friday after rack deads. it's doable, but also depends on your recovery.
                        For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

Working...
                        X