Diet help/critique please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet help/critique please

Hey guys, it's been a while, a longggg while like multiple years since I've posted anything here, but I'm back and I would really appreciate some assistance an help, especially from the vets themselves, DC, kidrock, homon, they all give awesome advice.

Okay so here it goes, I'm 23 years old, been lifting for around 7 years, mainly powerlifted for most that time just now got serious with bodybuilding. I was up to 257 but obese, now I fluctuate between 210 and 215 around 12 to 14 percent bf...I have visible abs in the morning and an outline all day even being bloated after eating. Anyway, Im trying to get my diet 100 percent, my goals are to put on as much muscle I can and lose fat at the same time. Here is my diet

8am
    16oz raw egg whites with 1 scoop protein powder and 50 grams maltodextrin
    2 instant plain oatmeal packets with skim milk and 2 tablespoons natural pb
    5 grams creative mono and glutamine in small cup grape juice
    Vitamins and fish and flax oil

930am
    2 scoops protein powder and 50 grams of maltodextrin
    5 grams creatine mono and glutamine in grape juice

1130am (post workout)
    2 scoops protein powder and 100 grams maltodextrin
    5 grams creatine and glutamine in grape juice

From 1230 to 7pm I have 3 cooked meals, and they are all the same, each one consisting of 1 whole larg grilled chicken breast, 1 and 1/3 large gold roasted potatoes, and 1/2 cup of veggies (either brocoli or green beans)--so that's 3 whole chicken breasts, 4 large gold potatoes, and 1.5 cups of greens

Then around 9 I have 1 steak and another 1/2 cup veggies (green beans)

Then I get home around 1145/1200 at night after work and have another 16oz raw egg whites mixed with 1 scoop protein powder (gotta mix protein powder in cuz raw egg whites taste terrible) that's my last meal

So I cut main carbs (potatoes) after 7 pm, and throughout the day between meals I snack on flavored almonds (habanero BBQ from blue diamond see soo good), plain rice cakes with natural pb and mini flavored rice cakes (Quaker cheddar ones or kettle)

So how does this diet look compared to my goals? I want to eventually go from 215 to 245/250 and from 14 percent bf to around 6 to 7 (I've been doing a total of 2 hrs every 5 days on the stairmaster on level 5, 40 min sessions 3 time every 5 days)

And lastly, I'm a little worried about the maltodextrin, I hear you can get fat from it, and I'd like to know everyone's thoughts, thank you all for your time. I'm a federal law enforcement officer and my shift is 230 to 1030 at night so if the times look a little weird on my diet it's because of my job schedule, I wake up, eat, cook, pack meals, go train, come back and eat and shower then head to work and eat all the rest of my meals and snacks.

Thanks again for the help I'm looking forward to the good ol IM responses

Good place to start is Bodyweight x 15 or 16 for calories. Then track your weight weekly and make adjustments as needed.

What really works for me while trying to lean bulk is carb cycling. I go moderate on lifting days, and almost trace carbs on off days. Oh yea MD's ultimate glucose disposal agent is a "must have". I poped 4-6 of them pwo last tuesday and literally ate 2 batches of pancakes. I think it came out to around 1200-1300 calories, and my bloodsugar didnt get above 130.

Comment

i agree that carb cycling is the best method for keeping off bodyfat and gaining size....if your training 3 days a week make those your high days, on 2 other days have 50% of that day and the other 2 have 50% of that...obviously increase fats and proteins to keep calories consistent on the days where needed......even just doing basic carb cycling where you do 3 high days and the other 4 days half as much will make a huge difference in how much fat you put on while gaining size....also agree with the gda's..... they increase insulin sensitivity so your pancreas out puts less insulin meaning less bodyfat stored from carbohydrate...as far as how many calories.....i dont know about any math problems...i always used chris acetos baseline method of keeping a food log, calculating calories, and monitoring weight loss/gain to find your bmr

Comment

To be "absorbed" efficiently by the body, egg whites should NEVER be eaten raw...
        Last edited by duf666; 10-13-2011, 06:59 AM.

Comment

If didnt seem to hurt Rocky....
          2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
          2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
          2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
          2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
          2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
          2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
          *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
          88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
          88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

Originally posted by duf666 View Post
            To be "absorbed" efficiently by the body, egg whites should NEVER be eaten raw...
            People say this yet raw eggs/whites have been an effective staple in bodybuilding for the better part of 90 years.

Trust me, I'm always right and you don't want to argue with me. It'll just make me look good.
            Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Comment

The carb cycling is definitely a good way to go. You may also want to look into the UP DAY/DOWN DAY DIET (I've got some logs on here I think). I've had some fantastic results with it. I've maintained bodyweight and continue to drop body fat. I started at 13% on the 9 site calipers. A week ago I was 10% even and I'm still dropping. The crazy part is that this was with somewhat loose food choices.
              1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
              2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
              2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
              2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
              2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
              2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
              Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Salado View Post
                People say this yet raw eggs/whites have been an effective staple in bodybuilding for the better part of 90 years.

Trust me, I'm always right and you don't want to argue with me. It'll just make me look good.
                From Wikipedia:
                "In addition, the protein in raw eggs is only 51% bioavailable, whereas that of a cooked egg is nearer 91% bioavailable, meaning the protein of cooked eggs is nearly twice as absorbable as the protein from raw eggs.[13]"

Here's the study referred in [13]: http://jn.nutrition.org/content/128/10/1716.full

OK, eggs are inexpensive, but I prefer to "get" them rather than "evacuate" them...

Comment

What do your macros break down to each day? Just my opinion but I would go with P/F veggies for your first meal, protein + creatine + glutamine preworkout then fit all of your carbs into your 1 or 2 postworkout meals. Blood sugar management is at a premium when fat loss is the goal.
                  Trey Potter CSCS

sigpic

Remember, if you can’t pick it, grow it, or kill it, you shouldn’t be eating it.- Justin Harris

Bodybuilding is stressful. The joy is seeing how incredibly the body adapts. The smart thing is to keep the machine as healthy as possible along the way, IMO.- Homon[/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by duf666 View Post
                    From Wikipedia:
                    "In addition, the protein in raw eggs is only 51% bioavailable, whereas that of a cooked egg is nearer 91% bioavailable, meaning the protein of cooked eggs is nearly twice as absorbable as the protein from raw eggs.[13]"

Here's the study referred in [13]: http://jn.nutrition.org/content/128/10/1716.full

OK, eggs are inexpensive, but I prefer to "get" them rather than "evacuate" them...
                    Ah, the ole Wikipedia quote. Thanks for proving me right.

I told you dude. Nice try though.

I'm just that good.
                    Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Comment

Working...
                    X