Racking and unracking hammer strength chest machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racking and unracking hammer strength chest machines

cause of my shoulders being particular....

How do you guys rack& unrack.. since it's usually pretty deep at the starting point

Thanks!
    [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
    Save 5% on all orders.

I have the same issue. I really wish they were adjustable; It's a good 4" before the bottom of my ROM.

You can try standing up a few inches, and then simultaneously pressing the first rep and sitting down at the same time.

Comment

You can get someone to spot you on the first rep (or initial liftoff) or do a cheat rep to get the weight in place and not count that towards your rep goal. Sometimes you just have to make due with what's available and as long as you continue to perform your reps and sets in the same fashion you'll be able to evaluate your progress effectively.

I forget the manufacturer, but my old gym used to have machines that had bars near your feet that you could push down on and they allowed you to lift the weight to your starting position.
      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Yea that's what I normally do...still not ideal lol.

I don't "think " this can cause or aggravate an injury...but just trying to be safe

Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
          You can get someone to spot you on the first rep (or initial liftoff) or do a cheat rep to get the weight in place and not count that towards your rep goal. Sometimes you just have to make due with what's available and as long as you continue to perform your reps and sets in the same fashion you'll be able to evaluate your progress effectively.

I forget the manufacturer, but my old gym used to have machines that had bars near your feet that you could push down on and they allowed you to lift the weight to your starting position.

Unfortunately I lift alone and it's not a busy gym. Thanks though!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

I became more flexible after I realized using inflexibility as an exuse was going to keep me from getting stronger.
            FEAR THE FROG

Originally posted by John Broz
            If your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day. Other countries have this mindset. America does not.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCaesar View Post
              I became more flexible after I realized using inflexibility as an exuse was going to keep me from getting stronger.
              Did you use the broomstick?

Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Originally posted by mister69 View Post
                Did you use the broomstick?

That along with really learning to push myself with the extreme stretches.
                FEAR THE FROG

If your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day. Other countries have this mindset. America does not.

Comment

Thanks john.

Do you guys think racking unracking the hs chest machines can cause injury?

Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Some people on the board talked about this very same problem. I think the one solution that stood out was to just get a few towels, rolled up then duct taped. Place in between the two points that contact. Once you lift off, the towels fall to the ground and you can get into your sets.

Some have tried 5 lb. plates or tiny dumbbells, but those could roll around the gym or very well smash your toes if you're not careful. Towels are safer and quieter.
                    Max Muscle
                    5020 Katella Ave.
                    Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                    www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Thanks the Roy.

Got any ideas for racking when done? Just drop it?

Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Just a few ideas towels, PVC pipe, or fat grips. Put those behind the arm in the beginning and when you push out they drop. I don't use hammer strength but that is what I would do, if you don't mind people staring. I've become accustom to stares for some of the shit I bring to the gym.

Comment

I've found that if I just keep my reps in the 15-20 range on HS stuff that getting it started is no big deal.
                          Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                          kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                            I've found that if I just keep my reps in the 15-20 range on HS stuff that getting it started is no big deal.
                            Yea I keep it in the 25rp range as well.

My only concern is if that deep 1st Rep can aggravate my shoulder.

Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Originally posted by riverhawk23 View Post
                              Just a few ideas towels, PVC pipe, or fat grips. Put those behind the arm in the beginning and when you push out they drop. I don't use hammer strength but that is what I would do, if you don't mind people staring. I've become accustom to stares for some of the shit I bring to the gym.
                              One of the main reasons I left commercial gyms, too many copromaniacs running around.
                              FEAR THE FROG

Comment

Working...
                              X