Sequence of excercises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sequence of excercises

I don't do DC because I'm not strong enough for it.
    But I'm curious about the logic of the sequence of the A workout.
    Rather than Chest, Shoulder, Tri, Back (2)- wont it be better to do:
    Chest, Back width, Shoulder, Back thickness, Tri ?
    That way I get a little rest in the same parts and would allow me to handle more weight.

no bicep?

Comment

Originally posted by Gohan View Post
      That way I get a little rest in the same parts and would allow me to handle more weight.
      Plus with the extra time you could eat a roast beef sandwich or something..:hungry:
      Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Good Lord, another one trying to re-invent the wheel...
        Yes, you can do that, call it a push/pull split, but not DC...
        STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

It has worked very well as laid out for many, many trainees. Dante spent years experimenting and trying different schemes before determining the sequence as you see it today.
          -KidRok-
          "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
          5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Originally posted by KidRok View Post
            Dante spent years experimenting and trying different schemes before determining the sequence as you see it today.
            yup. That's exactly what I'm curious about. What studies/experiments did he come across to set the routine as he did?
            Call me nerdish..but just wanted to know for the heck of it.
            As I said before..I'm NOT doing DC (because I'm not strong enough for it).

Comment

Another thread on the matter and some good discussion - http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=42657

Comment

Originally posted by Gohan View Post
                yup. That's exactly what I'm curious about. What studies/experiments did he come across to set the routine as he did?
                Call me nerdish..but just wanted to know for the heck of it.
                As I said before..I'm NOT doing DC (because I'm not strong enough for it).
                Well, I'm not going to spend a lot of time searching it out for you, here's just 1 post by Dante on the subject. I did not say he "came across studies/experiments" he did them himself, trying different ways with himself amd numerous trainees.
                You can do whatever sequence you want but as many will tell you, it is then not DC training. Will you get results by changing things around and will they be as good as if you just did it as laid out? Maybe, maybe not. But I guess since you're not doing DC anyway it won't matter.

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showpos...6&postcount=34
                -KidRok-
                "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcrapp View Post
                  Why are there 3 rest pauses? Well maybe its because I experimented with 2 and 4 and 5 and 6 and 7 rest pauses with people and did the dirty work for you.....I found with too many rest pauses they were getting destroyed and not recovering over time.

Why are the bodyparts grouped that way......because i went thru the gamut of different scenario's and that worked best for people
                  That's the answer right there. It's amazing how many people just can't get it.
                  Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                  kind of a douche

Comment

Thank you to all who replied back.
                    Esp. Quadriceps! the link you provided had this gem of wisdom. Bulls eye!

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post

........I'd honestly like to see how much you gains were vs. the standard order. You're going to use heavier loads right of the bat doing that order b/c of the lesser amount of fatigue (your intention in changing the order).

The question is if the rate of progression is enhanced overall, over the LONG HAUL, or if maybe, just maybe, having some pre-existing fatigue (say in the tri's after chest and shoulder training) is helpful in creating the overload for muscle growth (perhaps in the same way the volume overload creates fatigue and can generate nice muscle mass gains...)

Consider this: Yes, DC is a power bodybuilding program, but powerlifters, our best example of strong guys, very often train with the concept you're talking about here in mind: maximum rest between sets. Generally speaking, PL'er are not always the most muscular guys compared to BB'ers (yes, some of this is a BF issue of course) and there are many a volume training BB'er who can out-mass a PL'er but is not nearly as strong. Maybe having just a bit of fatigue (and conditioning / muscle endurance, which you're after as well for MMA, at least when not doing DC and BB'ing) is part of what Dante teased out over the years and years of trainees when he came up with his current exercise order?... (Maybe, "exercise order is NOT BS?" )

-S

Comment

Thank you to all who replied back.
                      Esp. Quadriceps! the link you provided had this gem of wisdom. Bulls eye!

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post

........I'd honestly like to see how much you gains were vs. the standard order. You're going to use heavier loads right of the bat doing that order b/c of the lesser amount of fatigue (your intention in changing the order).

The question is if the rate of progression is enhanced overall, over the LONG HAUL, or if maybe, just maybe, having some pre-existing fatigue (say in the tri's after chest and shoulder training) is helpful in creating the overload for muscle growth (perhaps in the same way the volume overload creates fatigue and can generate nice muscle mass gains...)

Consider this: Yes, DC is a power bodybuilding program, but powerlifters, our best example of strong guys, very often train with the concept you're talking about here in mind: maximum rest between sets. Generally speaking, PL'er are not always the most muscular guys compared to BB'ers (yes, some of this is a BF issue of course) and there are many a volume training BB'er who can out-mass a PL'er but is not nearly as strong. Maybe having just a bit of fatigue (and conditioning / muscle endurance, which you're after as well for MMA, at least when not doing DC and BB'ing) is part of what Dante teased out over the years and years of trainees when he came up with his current exercise order?... (Maybe, "exercise order is NOT BS?" )

-S

Comment

Working...
                      X