Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats routine is best for mass since im not ready for DC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats routine is best for mass since im not ready for DC?

Ive read through the stickies and it sounds like im not ready for DC ive only been training for 2 years or so. what would be the best routine for me to add as much mass as possible and build a base before going on to something like Dc training in a few years?

Anything with the right amount of frequency and volume that aims for progressive strength gains for an x amount of reps.
    Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Do a bit of reading on some 5x5 or 5/3/1.
      Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
      FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
      www.316fit.com
      Email: [email protected]

Comment

isnt 5x5 more for powerlifting?

Comment

5 x 5 is pretty much good for anyone, regardless of goals. And like Fade said, do some reading on it. This routine has been around for decades and there are dozens of boards on the web that discuss the 5 x 5 setup along with its many variations.

Carlito is spot on with his advice as well.
          "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish." - Dr. Suess

Comment

lmao , 5//3//1 ..not for beginners

try riptoes 3x5

then go to madcow 5x5

then maybe DC training.

Comment

Would it be ok to do some extreme stretching using these workouts? I know that these programs won't quite give you the "pump" that DC would give you, but while using creatine, NO, and staying extremely hydrated do you think you could still reap some benefits?

Comment

Originally posted by rusink View Post
                Would it be ok to do some extreme stretching using these workouts? I know that these programs won't quite give you the "pump" that DC would give you, but while using creatine, NO, and staying extremely hydrated do you think you could still reap some benefits?
                Yes. As a matter of fact regardless of the training style I use, I always do the stretches not only for growth potential, but to maintain flexibility for injury prevention and overall health.
                Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                kind of a douche

Comment

I can't remember its name, but that routine where you do progressively heavier compound lifts 3-4 days a week and eat food seems to work pretty well.
                  PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Are you talking about Stronglifts 5x5?

Comment

Lol, I think he's talking about any routine that allows you to get stronger on the big compound lifts, not any specific one. There are a lot of solid routines on here and over at IA's. Pick one, bust your ass in the gym and eat.
                      Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Originally posted by Justinp766 View Post
                        lmao , 5//3//1 ..not for beginners

try riptoes 3x5

then go to madcow 5x5

then maybe DC training.
                        I would disagree. 531 is very easily adapted for beginners. Boring but big teaches the compound lifts and you do them for nearly 10 sets. Wendler even mentions in his book that he has used it with beginners, the important part is just using correct form.
                        Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                        FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                        www.316fit.com
                        Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by rusink View Post
                          Are you talking about Stronglifts 5x5?
                          Great program IMO...ran it myself several times.
                          SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
                            I can't remember its name, but that routine where you do progressively heavier compound lifts 3-4 days a week and eat food seems to work pretty well.
                            Dakoose: I know I am a F.N.G., and I do not mean this as disrespect to a more senior member to his forum, but he said he could not remember the name. I was just suggesting a program that had not been named, yet. I just down loaded 5/3/1. I like Wendlers' "just fucking do it" and "don't over-think shit" style. It really challenges you to think and find out what works for you!

Comment

That's what everyone is telling you. Pick a program that you can stick to and progress and you will be fine, permitted your eating is in order. Don't make it harder tha it is at this early of a stage in your lifting...you have plenty of time to over-analyze down the road...lol
                              STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Working...
                              X