Reverse Grip Bench Vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Grip Bench Vids

I checked in the video archive to no avail, so I was wondering if anyone has or has seen any good vids showing how to set up a reverse grip bench on a smith machine?
    Heavy squats fix everything.

I would also love to see this. My training partner and I are having trouble figuring it out.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK_Y0vw6zFI

At one time that was a vid of Dante doing them himself but I couldn't find it. If you have a zero degree smith machine you can lay either way in it. If you have a 7 degree smith then lay so you are pushing away towards your feet. Need to have a wide grip, typically outside the rings, to really hit that long head and take the stress of your shoulders. Have fun!
      Last edited by mateus; 08-17-2011, 04:14 PM.
      Save yourself 5% on all your TRUENUTRITION orders by using discount code MTM281

My Training Log Here at IM

"Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn

Comment

Originally posted by mateus View Post
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK_Y0vw6zFI

At one time that was a vid of Dante doing them himself but I couldn't find it.
        Here it is:

[YOUTUBE]MxWJjelHZ2s[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Awesome, that's the one I was thinking of too. Doesn't he talk about somewhere how to set up for it, and say something about having your ass hang off the end of the bench?
          You can kind of see when Dante does the pressing portion his butt comes down, and on the negative portion he lifts it up. There is a reason for this and I thought it was for shoulder health.
          Heavy squats fix everything.

Comment

Please keep in mind that the bar path is lower on these as well. It is hard to tell from the video, but the bar is touching the lower part of his chest, almost high abdominals.
            2008 WABDL World Bench Press Champioships, 2nd place 275lb submaster division state record bench press
            2001 WABDL World Record Breaker Bench Press Championships 1st place 275lb class
            2000 USPF Regional Championships 1st place 275lb division
            1999 USPF NorthWest Reigional Championships 1st place, 275lb division
            1998 USAPL State Championships 1st place 275lb division
            1997 AAU State Championships 1st place 275lb division
            1997 USPF State Championships 1st place 275lb division
            + more

Comment

Working...
            X