Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "How to Build 50 Pounds of Muscle in 12 Months"

What do you think of this article?

What do you think of the routine that is in the article?

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...e_in_12_months

I didnt read it but i think i had mcdonough do that interview and if he did that interview I dont need to read it because he is spot on with all things DC training
    @dante_trudel

Comment

just read it good stuff guys!!

Comment

That was me they interviewed and overall I think it turned out well overall. The author Nate and I spoke on the phone for about an hour and it helped clarify some things he wasn't picking up from his online research. I haven't read it in awhile but I recall some minor things being misquoted but nothing horrible.

*ok quick glance at the beginning. I've never said the word impetus in my life lol
        Last edited by ScottMcDonough; 08-02-2011, 06:45 PM.
        Use SAM210 for 5% off your entire order at www.trueprotein.com 10% if you order 16 lbs or more! :bb:

Now, if you would kindly drop this little debate before I am forced by the voices in my head to drive to where you live, find you, rape you, eat your heart and then go workout with your blood on my hands.

Comment

Good read. Thanks OP and SM. And last but not least DC
          :kewlpics:You are correct, Dante did in fact take my avatar pic. lol

Comment

I had a quick question regarding bicep volume. I notice that in that guide it's mentioned that biceps will often be RPed with 20-30 reps, but I've found this to be somewhat ineffective for myself. I like taking forearm RP at 20-30 reps, but my bis get an incredible burn/pump from 14-17 reps, usually 8, 4, 3, 1 + static, then stretching. I always come away with an incredible feeling in my bis and I feel like I've seen a lot of growth in them, but is there any reason for me to consider upping my rep range to the 20-30 mark?

Comment

no need to go that high if you found your sweet spot rep range. I believe that comment was after him asking me if 11-15 was used all the time. I mentioned nothingn is set in stone and some people find 20-30 better for upper arms
              Use SAM210 for 5% off your entire order at www.trueprotein.com 10% if you order 16 lbs or more! :bb:

Now, if you would kindly drop this little debate before I am forced by the voices in my head to drive to where you live, find you, rape you, eat your heart and then go workout with your blood on my hands.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottMcDonough View Post

*ok quick glance at the beginning. I've never said the word impetus in my life lol
                Maybe this will give you the impetus to add that word to your verbal repertoire!
                It's difficult to work out too hard, it's easy to work out too long.............

Comment

Originally posted by WorldStrike View Post
                  I had a quick question regarding bicep volume. I notice that in that guide it's mentioned that biceps will often be RPed with 20-30 reps, but I've found this to be somewhat ineffective for myself. I like taking forearm RP at 20-30 reps, but my bis get an incredible burn/pump from 14-17 reps, usually 8, 4, 3, 1 + static, then stretching. I always come away with an incredible feeling in my bis and I feel like I've seen a lot of growth in them, but is there any reason for me to consider upping my rep range to the 20-30 mark?
                  you do 4rp sets?
                  Julien

Comment

Whoa...back when T-Nation didn't make ridiculous claims (800lbs of MUSCLE IN 10 DAYS) and advertise BioTest products every three sentences.
                    Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Originally posted by ScottMcDonough View Post
                      no need to go that high if you found your sweet spot rep range. I believe that comment was after him asking me if 11-15 was used all the time. I mentioned nothingn is set in stone and some people find 20-30 better for upper arms
                      Sounds good
                      Originally posted by Zraw View Post
                      you do 4rp sets?
                      Well...not exactly. I get all the reps I need in the first 3 sets, but then I take 15 breaths and do my static rep. To prep for the static rep, I like to do 1 full rep, then stop about 1/2 - 3/4 of the way through the negative.

Comment

Great article, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X