rest-paus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rest-paus

my shoulders hurts so much that very heavyweight is not an option for me, so i will try rest-paus like this : first set 15 reps or 20 reps and then two rp.
    do you think it will work too ?

why do they hurt?
    "An egg yolk is a terrible thing to waste"
    J.M.

Comment

You need to find out why your shoulders hurt. Is it pain due to workout or pain due to an injury?? Maybe you need to warm up a bit more before doing the shoulder press.

I've done the higher reps rest paused, 20-25 reps just because I want to avoid any possible injuries. I can tell you that once you progress on this movement, doing 275 for a front shoulder press on a smith machine is no picnic when you get even close to 20 reps, but it will work.
      Its not the size of the hammer, its the size of the man holding the hammer.

Comment

I think you might benefit from this post:

http://intensemuscle.com/showpost.ph...0&postcount=29
        Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Originally posted by drago View Post
          my shoulders hurts so much that very heavyweight is not an option for me, so i will try rest-paus like this : first set 15 reps or 20 reps and then two rp.
          do you think it will work too ?
          How old are you?
          Do you have any pre-existing shoulder issues?
          "This sport is about extremes - using weights you havent used previously, taking in amounts of food to build greater muscle mass-in amounts you never have done previously, & doing the cardio to keep you at an acceptable offseason training bodyfat that keeps you happy." Dante

For supplements, visit http://www.trueprotein.com & use this
          DISCOUNT CODE - THA778
          for a 5% Discount
          :wavey:

Comment

Working...
          X