Critique (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique (pics)

Hows it going guys? I posted up a thread with my intitial layout plan for DC to get some suggestions. One thing I was wanting was some opinions on my physique. Im taking a good 2 years at least off from competing to put on some thickness and focus on improving areas that could make my physique more complete. I think my back and arms need the most work. Everything else seems to grow at a much faster rate and I seem to be more push dominant than pull. Do any of you modify your routine slightly to bring up lagging body parts?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Heres a couple pics....

These are 1 week out and I was flat as sh*t but you get the idea.

And here are the other 2 threads I started.

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=44525

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=44559

wow now thats a ecto lol. Your waist is so god damn small. Guessing natural?

Comment

what do you do for legs you got such great sweep

Comment

Definitely start nailing those deadlifts.
        Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
        FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
        www.316fit.com
        Email: [email protected]

Comment

Traps bro. Great physique though

Comment

great quads!! you're ripped bro...just keep doing what you're doing...just add thickness all over but that comes with time in the gym...your conditioning is great..no glaring weaknesses....age,height,weight??

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus View Post
              wow now thats a ecto lol. Your waist is so god damn small. Guessing natural?
              I wouldnt say Im an ecto really. I can gain weight very easy but takes quite a bit more effort to lose it. Thats just how my structure is. And yes natty.

Originally posted by Taurus View Post
              what do you do for legs you got such great sweep
              Back squat and front squat have been my bread and butter alonf with hacks. The only machine I do use and like is the cybex leg press. Love that machine.
              Originally posted by fade View Post
              Definitely start nailing those deadlifts.
              Yea. To be honest Ive neglected that lift and am going to focus on it greatly this offseason.

Originally posted by NZ RABBIT View Post
              Traps bro. Great physique though
              Hoping with consistant DLing they will grow as well.
              Originally posted by steve56 View Post
              great quads!! you're ripped bro...just keep doing what you're doing...just add thickness all over but that comes with time in the gym...your conditioning is great..no glaring weaknesses....age,height,weight??
              Thanks. Im 26, 5'9" (I might have shrunk since last checked lol) and in that pic I believe I was upper 160s. Offseason I try to stay under 200. Im strongest when Im in the mid to upper 190s.

Appreciate all the feedback. Im hoping my arms will come up some this offseason. They just dont seem to budge as everything else continues to grow, legs mainly. Im all for having overpowering legs but the bigger everything else gets the stringier my arms look.

Comment

Looking good bro, impressive quads and I see you have a naturally small waist much like myself. It's a definite pro for bodybuilding so consider yourself blessed. The only thing I'd tell you to work on is traps (dead variations and a Yates row here and there should take care of those), back thickness (same thing as for traps) and maybe forearms. Though your wrists seem to be quite small so that might be a challenge for you, plenty of reverse curling.
                Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

great physique. awesome natural bodybuilder.
                  "If you are the guy on the drive home from work or school thinking
                  "oh man leg day is in 2 days, I'm already starting to get nervous but I can't wait!".....
                  then welcome to DC training."

Comment

Originally posted by Carlito Gambino View Post
                    Looking good bro, impressive quads and I see you have a naturally small waist much like myself. It's a definite pro for bodybuilding so consider yourself blessed. The only thing I'd tell you to work on is traps (dead variations and a Yates row here and there should take care of those), back thickness (same thing as for traps) and maybe forearms. Though your wrists seem to be quite small so that might be a challenge for you, plenty of reverse curling.
                    Originally posted by ONCE AGAIN View Post
                    great physique. awesome natural bodybuilder.
                    Thanks guys.

Question for everyone. Did you notice more arm size increase with direct work or from heavy back training? Im hoping now that Ill be focusing on deads more arm growth will follow.

Comment

Works different for everyone. Some people find that heavy back work (using an underhand grip on pulldowns, doing chin ups, underhand rows or db rows, etc.) will get their biceps growing more, some don't. I've seen better gains with direct arm work bicep-wise, tricep wise I've gotten a lot out of heavy presses and chest work. Just experiment a little with different lifts and see how your biceps feel. A good old fashioned weighted chin up will hit the biceps real nicely regardless.
                      Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Great physique man. You really have a lot of mass on what looks like a smaller frame. I think you could use more calf mass to balance those huge quads. As mentioned by others, your back could use more thickness. While DC has added plenty of back thickness to my frame, I don't have those traps that many want. I'm talking about the kind of trap you see from the front that are accentuated in the most muscular pose. For forearms, the wrist flexor side (palm side) also needs bulk. Though the resistance doesnt get up too high http://www.amazon.com/Marcy-WEDGE-We...8005272&sr=8-1 this sucker will make your forearms grow. You can just have it at your desk and do it while bored at work.
                        Your tiny waist made me go straight to some old Zane pictures for comparison. I think you could really use some ab mass. How you go about this is up to you, but Id recommend only straightforward movement. This way you can avoid unnecessary waist thickening. Dragon flags and high rep roman chairs are my favorite these days. Some added mass on your abs will help cover the ribs that are pokin through at your low bf percentages.

What is your diet like?
                        Wanna save 5% on your trueprotein orders? Use my code! CTN001

Comment

Super impressive man!

The guys above me have given great critiques, I don't have anything to add.
                          Save 5% at www.truenutrition.com with the Discount Code TEI736!

Comment

In my experience your arms will grow when your deadlift 'grows'.

Comment

Originally posted by chris.tan View Post
                              Great physique man. You really have a lot of mass on what looks like a smaller frame. I think you could use more calf mass to balance those huge quads. As mentioned by others, your back could use more thickness. While DC has added plenty of back thickness to my frame, I don't have those traps that many want. I'm talking about the kind of trap you see from the front that are accentuated in the most muscular pose. For forearms, the wrist flexor side (palm side) also needs bulk. Though the resistance doesnt get up too high http://www.amazon.com/Marcy-WEDGE-We...8005272&sr=8-1 this sucker will make your forearms grow. You can just have it at your desk and do it while bored at work.
                              Your tiny waist made me go straight to some old Zane pictures for comparison. I think you could really use some ab mass. How you go about this is up to you, but Id recommend only straightforward movement. This way you can avoid unnecessary waist thickening. Dragon flags and high rep roman chairs are my favorite these days. Some added mass on your abs will help cover the ribs that are pokin through at your low bf percentages.

What is your diet like?
                              Well Im currently still ramping up cals. Im usually moderate protein/fat/cho offseason and moderate protein, low fat, high carb when dieting down.

Originally posted by eggwhites View Post
                              Super impressive man!

The guys above me have given great critiques, I don't have anything to add.
                              Thanks

Originally posted by NZ RABBIT View Post
                              In my experience your arms will grow when your deadlift 'grows'.
                              I sure hope so

Comment

Working...
                              X