X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock it Up
    replied
    Originally posted by dakoose View Post
    Where did you buy the L-Theanine from? TrueProtein doesn't seem to carry it.
    I got mine from tp when I used it...

And no prob Mentaflex. It may not help, but if you ever get stuck it can't hurt to try.

Leave a comment:

• mentalflex
    replied
    Originally posted by Lock it Up View Post

I am not exactly sure about the mechanism, but it basically allows your body to utilize your protein better after being on a high protein diet for so long (I was taking in over 2g/lb for quite a while, and just got stuck at that weight).

I think I just used about 10g of it a day for about a month at a time if I remember right, it's been a while. I think that, paired with lowering my protein intake, together help "re-sensitize" my body to protein, so to speak.
    Very cool stuff Lock. Thanks for the reply. Right now my weight has been steadily increasing so I guess there would be no need to add another supplement at this time but I will certainly put this info in the tool chest for when I get stuck.

Leave a comment:

• dakoose
    replied
    Where did you buy the L-Theanine from? TrueProtein doesn't seem to carry it.

Leave a comment:

• Lock it Up
    replied
    Originally posted by DCBliever View Post
    I don't think he got that low LG, it was 215 or somewhere around there
    Originally posted by LG1 View Post
    You're right bro, got it mixed up with http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=44160

Still impressive never the less. Great job guys!
    Yea, I weighed in right around 220 after carbing up a bit, was down to 214 at my lightest all dried out and such. But me at 270 sure wasn't pretty, LOL. I just dieted for so damn long I i peeled off every ounce of fat I had to give haha.

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
    I'm just curious, what was the protocol you used with the L-Theanine and what was the desired effect that you were going for with the L-Theanine? I always thought L-Theanine was more of an anti-anxiety/mood boosting supplement. Does this help with cortisol and recovery/rest?

Thanks
    I am not exactly sure about the mechanism, but it basically allows your body to utilize your protein better after being on a high protein diet for so long (I was taking in over 2g/lb for quite a while, and just got stuck at that weight).

I think I just used about 10g of it a day for about a month at a time if I remember right, it's been a while. I think that, paired with lowering my protein intake, together help "re-sensitize" my body to protein, so to speak.

Leave a comment:

• mentalflex
    replied
    I'm just curious, what was the protocol you used with the L-Theanine and what was the desired effect that you were going for with the L-Theanine? I always thought L-Theanine was more of an anti-anxiety/mood boosting supplement. Does this help with cortisol and recovery/rest?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• LG1
    replied
    You're right bro, got it mixed up with http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=44160

Still impressive never the less. Great job guys!

Leave a comment:

• DCBliever
    replied
    Originally posted by LG1 View Post
    Lock, I think its amazing that you got down to 185lbs or so if I am not mistaking for a recent show but were able to put on the size to get up to 270lbs!

Leave a comment:

• LG1
    replied
    Lock, I think its amazing that you got down to 185lbs or so if I am not mistaking for a recent show but were able to put on the size to get up to 270lbs!

Leave a comment:

• Lock it Up
    replied
    I don't know what Dante believes but I used L-Theanine with Lock It Up and it seemed to work quite well. We also reduced his protein intake during the cruise and it seemed to help also
    Yep, I was really stuck around 245-250lbs for a good while, and then added in the L-theonine, dropped the protein during cruises, and then starting pounding huge amounts of protein again during a blast, and I got up to my highest weight of around 270ish. It's the only thing I changed and I got through that weight plateau.

Also, he had me do amino fasts during prep and lo and behold I actually put ON muscle during the prep, after already dieting for a couple of months...worked for me. I still remember telling DCB about the results of a dunk tank test, and I was heavier, and down a few percentages of bodyfat. AGAIN, this was AFTER i had already been dieting for a while...pretty remarkable if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

• DCBliever
    replied
    Originally posted by bernimx View Post
    I was wondering if Dante believed in protein cycling during cruises. Basically, that would be to reduce protein intake by half from what you were taking in during your blast (let's say from 2g/lbs to 1g/lbs) for the 10-14 days cruises to prime your body when you're back on a new blast?

I've read that he recommends to skip a meal, but I ask anyway.

Thanks.
    I don't know what Dante believes but I used L-Theanine with Lock It Up and it seemed to work quite well. We also reduced his protein intake during the cruise and it seemed to help also

Leave a comment:

• bernimx
    started a topic Protein cycling

Protein cycling

I was wondering if Dante believed in protein cycling during cruises. Basically, that would be to reduce protein intake by half from what you were taking in during your blast (let's say from 2g/lbs to 1g/lbs) for the 10-14 days cruises to prime your body when you're back on a new blast?

I've read that he recommends to skip a meal, but I ask anyway.

Thanks.
Working...
X