Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protein cycling

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Protein cycling

    I was wondering if Dante believed in protein cycling during cruises. Basically, that would be to reduce protein intake by half from what you were taking in during your blast (let's say from 2g/lbs to 1g/lbs) for the 10-14 days cruises to prime your body when you're back on a new blast?

    I've read that he recommends to skip a meal, but I ask anyway.

    Thanks.
    Use the following discount code: BDB830 and save 5 to 10% on your order at www.trueprotein.com

  • #2
    Originally posted by bernimx View Post
    I was wondering if Dante believed in protein cycling during cruises. Basically, that would be to reduce protein intake by half from what you were taking in during your blast (let's say from 2g/lbs to 1g/lbs) for the 10-14 days cruises to prime your body when you're back on a new blast?

    I've read that he recommends to skip a meal, but I ask anyway.

    Thanks.
    I don't know what Dante believes but I used L-Theanine with Lock It Up and it seemed to work quite well. We also reduced his protein intake during the cruise and it seemed to help also
    For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DCBliever View Post
      I don't know what Dante believes but I used L-Theanine with Lock It Up and it seemed to work quite well. We also reduced his protein intake during the cruise and it seemed to help also
      Yep, I was really stuck around 245-250lbs for a good while, and then added in the L-theonine, dropped the protein during cruises, and then starting pounding huge amounts of protein again during a blast, and I got up to my highest weight of around 270ish. It's the only thing I changed and I got through that weight plateau.

      Also, he had me do amino fasts during prep and lo and behold I actually put ON muscle during the prep, after already dieting for a couple of months...worked for me. I still remember telling DCB about the results of a dunk tank test, and I was heavier, and down a few percentages of bodyfat. AGAIN, this was AFTER i had already been dieting for a while...pretty remarkable if you ask me.

      2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
      -1st SuperHeavy Gi
      2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
      -1st Heavyweight Gi
      2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
      2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs




      Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!


      New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

      Comment


      • #4
        Lock, I think its amazing that you got down to 185lbs or so if I am not mistaking for a recent show but were able to put on the size to get up to 270lbs!
        SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

        - Success is the best revenge

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by LG1 View Post
          Lock, I think its amazing that you got down to 185lbs or so if I am not mistaking for a recent show but were able to put on the size to get up to 270lbs!
          I don't think he got that low LG, it was 215 or somewhere around there
          For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DCBliever View Post
            I don't think he got that low LG, it was 215 or somewhere around there
            You're right bro, got it mixed up with http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=44160

            Still impressive never the less. Great job guys!
            SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

            - Success is the best revenge

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm just curious, what was the protocol you used with the L-Theanine and what was the desired effect that you were going for with the L-Theanine? I always thought L-Theanine was more of an anti-anxiety/mood boosting supplement. Does this help with cortisol and recovery/rest?

              Thanks
              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

              Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

              2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
              2015 Beat Cancer!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DCBliever View Post
                I don't think he got that low LG, it was 215 or somewhere around there
                Originally posted by LG1 View Post
                You're right bro, got it mixed up with http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=44160

                Still impressive never the less. Great job guys!
                Yea, I weighed in right around 220 after carbing up a bit, was down to 214 at my lightest all dried out and such. But me at 270 sure wasn't pretty, LOL. I just dieted for so damn long I i peeled off every ounce of fat I had to give haha.

                Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                I'm just curious, what was the protocol you used with the L-Theanine and what was the desired effect that you were going for with the L-Theanine? I always thought L-Theanine was more of an anti-anxiety/mood boosting supplement. Does this help with cortisol and recovery/rest?

                Thanks
                I am not exactly sure about the mechanism, but it basically allows your body to utilize your protein better after being on a high protein diet for so long (I was taking in over 2g/lb for quite a while, and just got stuck at that weight).

                I think I just used about 10g of it a day for about a month at a time if I remember right, it's been a while. I think that, paired with lowering my protein intake, together help "re-sensitize" my body to protein, so to speak.

                2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
                -1st SuperHeavy Gi
                2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
                -1st Heavyweight Gi
                2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
                2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs




                Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!


                New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

                Comment


                • #9
                  Where did you buy the L-Theanine from? TrueProtein doesn't seem to carry it.
                  Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

                  My On-Site Log

                  My Off-Site Log

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Lock it Up View Post

                    I am not exactly sure about the mechanism, but it basically allows your body to utilize your protein better after being on a high protein diet for so long (I was taking in over 2g/lb for quite a while, and just got stuck at that weight).

                    I think I just used about 10g of it a day for about a month at a time if I remember right, it's been a while. I think that, paired with lowering my protein intake, together help "re-sensitize" my body to protein, so to speak.
                    Very cool stuff Lock. Thanks for the reply. Right now my weight has been steadily increasing so I guess there would be no need to add another supplement at this time but I will certainly put this info in the tool chest for when I get stuck.
                    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

                    Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

                    2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                    2015 Beat Cancer!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by dakoose View Post
                      Where did you buy the L-Theanine from? TrueProtein doesn't seem to carry it.
                      I got mine from tp when I used it...


                      And no prob Mentaflex. It may not help, but if you ever get stuck it can't hurt to try.

                      2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
                      -1st SuperHeavy Gi
                      2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
                      -1st Heavyweight Gi
                      2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
                      2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs




                      Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!


                      New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X