Little help on the cruise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little help on the cruise.

Well after reading I feel I need a cruise. I been going for about 6 weeks now or 6.5 actually maybe.

I feel burnt out abit and have stalled on a fair amount of exercises.

Could someone not busy explain the cruise a little more in detail? should i stick with all same exercises and still go till failure? Or whats the plan here?

also when i start up my blast again do i start a exercises where i left last on my cruise the weights i used.

anyone thats got spare time and wants to go into a fair amount of detail please do.

and if its just something negitive to say go kick rocks. You either want to help or dont. why waste your time just to be a jackass?

all help appreciate though.

cruise, take a week or two off the gym. If you dont want to not go to the gym this is what I do. I just go through my normal warm ups and then stop, I dont do my working sets.
    You can stick with the exercises that were still progressing, but change up the ones that you have stalled hard on IMO. I switch everything up just for a change of pace.
    2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
    2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
    2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
    2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
    2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
    2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
    *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
    88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
    88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

thanks for the reply. And looking thick in the display pic broski.

Comment

When I cruise, I usually take 10-12 days off depending on how long the blast was. I'll usually take 5 days without setting foot in the gym, then I'll go in and run through some exercises I am interested in, trying to find ones that I might use to swap with what I stalled on, taking nothing to failure though, just going through the full ROM to see how it feels on the target area. Usually do some light cardio a few of the days. The purpose of the cruise is to relax and recover physically and mentally. At the end of the cruise, you should be dying to get into the gym and wanting to hit it hard again.

And you shouldn't start with the same weight you ended the last blast on, or you will end up stalling again very quickly. Everyone is different, but I try to go to about half way through the last blast and start there, then at about halfway through the new blast, you are setting new PR's

Comment

thanks that sounds good. Id really like some time to mess around on a few exercsies I been wanting to do. One thing that sucks is I just lost deadlifts... Lol so I think I do need a break.

Comment

As you do more blasts, you'll find out the best way to cruise for you.

Everyone does something different. For me, I will usually take 5 days off of weights completely, then the following week come back and do the same split as when blasting, just do more sets, lighter weights, not getting even close to failure, and no extreme stretching. I also will play around with exercises that I want to maybe use for a blast to see if they are gonna jive with me. Then, the following monday it's back to blasting.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
            -1st SuperHeavy Gi
            2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
            -1st Heavyweight Gi
            2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
            2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

thanjs for post lock it up.

I'm gonna take a few days off I definitely need it. I'm starting to get a little sick to and feeling so tired past few days. Ima prob do 5 days since its been 2 alrdy and still feel like shit.

so in a sense just walk into the gym and fool around on a bunch of exercises? Cuz I'm rly lookin forward to that to see whatll be good to replace lot of stuff I lost.

so I guess its 5 days of and maybe 5 of testing some light weights out? Is there a minimum and maximum to time on cruise rly or just go by feel

Comment

only a few days and it finally hit me again, itching to get back in the gym lol! but i know i really need to keep this break going a little bit longer. But its the routine that gets me so excited. I want to try so many new exercises.

also so for the cruise itd be completly ok to do things a little volume wise? but light weight? if bench is example 200lbs. you wanna do like 4 sets of 100lbs just get a little pump going?

also morning weight yesterday 204.5. start of dc about 6 weeks ago duno exactly but its written in my log book. Think it was started on 12th of last month so 6.5 or 7 weeks maybe. And starting weight was 194. Definatly glad i found this workout program.

Comment

You might wanna watch this too:

http://www.teamskip.net/longevitydvd/c10.html

Whenever I deload I usually go into the gym and either work with lighter weights (something I kept from when I was still doing 5/3/1) or I'd fuck around with new exercises. For instance, let's say on my A workout I was to do:

Push press
                  RDL
                  Weighted chins
                  Floor skulls

I'd do similar exercises but different and less taxing ones (machine press in favor of push press, leg curl instead of RDL, pullovers instead of chins, pushdowns instead of skulls...you get the idea). It all depends on what you like doing and feel good about doing. I don't really like not going to the gym at all, though I have done that as well. I preferably plan cruises around the same time as a vacation in that case.
                  Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

I do a 2 week cruise with no weights just cardio when cutting. When im not cutting I do nothing for 1-2 weeks. Even before DC I was a huge advocate to taking a week off every 3 months.
                    :kewlpics:You are correct, Dante did in fact take my avatar pic. lol

Comment

hey...i havnt started DC yet..actually hoping to this following week. however i always take a de-load week after every 6 weeks of training. i usually either do the same excercises with the same weight and just do half the number of reps..or drop the weight in half and do 12 reps....i have a question though...

how do you guys go almost 2 weeks on a cruise? after just one week of cruising i can see my self getting smaller and loosing that pumped looked..i've never cruised for 2 weeks..but judging by the way i atrophy...i'd be scared to go that long without getting back into the gym...i am doing something wrong?

Comment

If you have to depend on a pump for size then yeah you're doing something wrong.
                        Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Originally posted by Carlito Gambino View Post
                          If you have to depend on a pump for size then yeah you're doing something wrong.
                          Yeah just like Arnold

Comment

Originally posted by brownchoclit View Post
                            hey...i havnt started DC yet..actually hoping to this following week. however i always take a de-load week after every 6 weeks of training. i usually either do the same excercises with the same weight and just do half the number of reps..or drop the weight in half and do 12 reps....i have a question though...

how do you guys go almost 2 weeks on a cruise? after just one week of cruising i can see my self getting smaller and loosing that pumped looked..i've never cruised for 2 weeks..but judging by the way i atrophy...i'd be scared to go that long without getting back into the gym...i am doing something wrong?
                            If you havent even started DC yet, you don't know the best way to cruise for that type of work for your body, so you cannot be accurate in saying what would happen to you if you did a 2 week cruise after a real DC blast...

Additionally, most people do not take the 2 weeks completely away from the gym. Do a few searches or look at some journals to see what many people are doing during their cruise(s).

As Lock wisely and accurately states as well, the more blasts you get under your belt, the more efficiently you will learn to cruise. Not everyone cruises the same way

Comment

I usually just head to the gym and experiment with different exercises and never lift to failure. Two weeks go by and I am champing at the bit to get back at it.

Comment

Working...
                              X