frequency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frequency

hey guys. wanted to discuss frequency. with dc being a low volume training system, do u think that the golden era boys training each muscle 3 x per week would have got better results if they had used something like dc back then?? the 2 way split, done monday to saturday ?? i find it interesting because they built brilliant bodies on such high frequency, makes me wonder if they had done it the dc way (damage, repair, grow) as many times per week, what they would have looked like. i know from reading the original cycles for penies, the routine that was set up for bodybuilders was a 2 day on, 1 day off. of course its modified to mon wed fri mon now. has anyone here experimented with higher training frequency while on dc?? even training each bodypart 3 x per week, one would still only be doing 3-4 working sets per muscle. having read conflicting theories about cns, for example, wanted to get your guys opinion.

Originally posted by arnoldfan View Post
    hey guys. wanted to discuss frequency. with dc being a low volume training system, do u think that the golden era boys training each muscle 3 x per week would have got better results if they had used something like dc back then?? the 2 way split, done monday to saturday ?? i find it interesting because they built brilliant bodies on such high frequency, makes me wonder if they had done it the dc way (damage, repair, grow) as many times per week, what they would have looked like. i know from reading the original cycles for penies, the routine that was set up for bodybuilders was a 2 day on, 1 day off. of course its modified to mon wed fri mon now. has anyone here experimented with higher training frequency while on dc?? even training each bodypart 3 x per week, one would still only be doing 3-4 working sets per muscle. having read conflicting theories about cns, for example, wanted to get your guys opinion.
    try it let us know how it works
    Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
    -John Ceasar

Comment

Are you talking about the Arnold/Franco era or further back (Reeves, Park, Grimek)? Because a lot of guys in the Reeves era trained pretty low volume as well (usually 3x a week, full body or upper/lower type routines), quite similar to how DC works in a way. IMO, though, optimal frequency is well detailed in this article:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...ass-gains.html

That being said, this shouldn't be treated as gospel. There's always gonna be programs that work for some but not for others, and certain factors (genetics, lifestyle, steroids, etc.) should always be taken into consideration.
      Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Ive tried the M-T-THURS-F 2-way split and went back to the way dante says to do it after only 4 weeks. Bottom line I couldn't progress. All my lifts stayed the exact same and I didnt feel like i do on the MWF. When I do MWF I always feel rested and excited to get back in the gym and progress on lifts for months at a time.

Comment

Working...
        X