warm ups question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warm ups question

example 2 way split chest and delt and tri part. What would be best do yous think.

I do chest example 3 or 4 warm ups before the set. And have been doing 3 warm ups for delt and my tricep sets to. But I'm feeling even tho its light and not to failure that it maybe over kill. Does anyone find they can go right into there delt or tri set with just 1 warm up or so? cause it seems I'm feeling good from bench example obv warms up those 2 muscle as well

There has been a really in-depth thread about this with great input from the likes of Homon and others. You should search for it, I am too lazy to do it now

Comment

ok thanks bud. Hopfully I can find it

Comment

its a sticky in pound puppy about should workouts be this short. if you read the whole thread it turns into some good discussions about warm ups..

here you go:
        http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=44147

Comment

thanks a shit tonne for posting that. I think that's gonna help me alot. Don't mind me asking what's ur weight working up to ur working set and how many reps for a exersize or 2 if you could show me.

Comment

I am no DC vet or expert so I am not qualified to give you advice, but personally, I don't necessarily do the same warm up week to week or body part to body part. It depends on how I am feeling etc, but typically, I will do about 15-20 min warm up before chest, some light flies, then just the bar, 95lb, 135, 185, 205 etc not just for warming up the muscle, but to get my mind right with what I am about to do, before my working sets, 11-15 for incline bb press. Typically my warm ups for shoulders/tris are much shorter, 5 min with 2 maybe 3 warm up sets. Squat day usually takes me a tad longer to get warmed up

Comment

Warm-ups are a very individual thing. You need to know your OWN BODY and be able to feel when you are ready to tackle your heavy sets, which is a characteristic of an advanced lifter. It hinges upon that mind-muscle link that we refer to as being a vital part of having success with DC, or actually any routine. So you may need 1 set to warm up and another guy may need 5 sets to warm-up, no one can really tell you but you.
              -KidRok-
              "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
              5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Originally posted by KidRok View Post
                Warm-ups are a very individual thing. You need to know your OWN BODY and be able to feel when you are ready to tackle your heavy sets, which is a characteristic of an advanced lifter. It hinges upon that mind-muscle link that we refer to as being a vital part of having success with DC, or actually any routine. So you may need 1 set to warm up and another guy may need 5 sets to warm-up, no one can really tell you but you.
                Exactly this. Thank you

Comment

It also changes with strength and age. The stronger I am, the more warm-ups I need. As well as the older I get, the more warm-ups I need. Some bodyparts need more warm-up sets than others. For instance, my legs / hips / knees / ankles need tons of warm-ups compared to chest. This week I followed DC's comments in post number three of the following thread. My legs felt great.

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=44302
                  Save 5% off your entire order at TrueProtein.com by using discount code LYP800; 10% if you order 16 lbs or more!

For a protein that can be used anytime, try TeamSkip Blend

You will need a scoop if you don’t have one: Measuring Scoops

Comment

alright thanks guys. I'm not that strong probably why I don't need as much warm ups. But following program to a t and I'm sure ill need more warm ups soon if the gains continue this good for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X