Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

am/pm split for DC 2 way split?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • am/pm split for DC 2 way split?

    I was wondering what people on this forums thoughts were about spliting the standard 2 way split into a am/pm.
    Something like
    Mon
    AM-chest,shoulder,Triceps
    PM-back width,back thickness

    Wen
    AM-biceps, forearms
    PM-calves, hams, quads

    Fri
    AM-chest, shoulder, Triceps
    PM-back width, back thickness

    Mon
    AM-biceps,forearms
    PM-calves,hams quads


    I am only considering this for one blast this summer. The reason being that I will be working 14-16hr days, 7 days a week, during the months of July and August. It would be convenient because I can hit the AM workout in the morning and the PM during my 1 hour lunch break. I will be getting plenty of food as my employer provides 3 meals a day "all you can eat". Once again this is not a long term plan, just a way to survive the summer and keep growing some muscle.
    Thanks for the feedback.

  • #2
    Originally posted by nator View Post
    I was wondering what people on this forums thoughts were about spliting the standard 2 way split into a am/pm.
    Something like
    Mon
    AM-chest,shoulder,Triceps
    PM-back width,back thickness

    Wen
    AM-biceps, forearms
    PM-calves, hams, quads

    Fri
    AM-chest, shoulder, Triceps
    PM-back width, back thickness

    Mon
    AM-biceps,forearms
    PM-calves,hams quads


    I am only considering this for one blast this summer. The reason being that I will be working 14-16hr days, 7 days a week, during the months of July and August. It would be convenient because I can hit the AM workout in the morning and the PM during my 1 hour lunch break. I will be getting plenty of food as my employer provides 3 meals a day "all you can eat". Once again this is not a long term plan, just a way to survive the summer and keep growing some muscle.
    Thanks for the feedback.


    damn what kind of job?
    Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
    -John Ceasar

    Comment


    • #3
      How long have you been doing DC? Are you set on doing DC under those conditions? Perhaps an alternative routine might be more suitable during this time, that wont take as long? Just wondering, I know most people are not for altering the system as it were, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.. Good luck sorting it out..

      Comment


      • #4
        from a scheduling standpoint, 3 way split makes far more sense here.
        2008 DC Journal
        Use the code ECH436 at the checkout www.TrueProtein.com and save

        Comment


        • #5
          I think you're gonna grow no matter what if your boss is treating you to 3 all-you-can-eat meals...

          ...lucky bastard.
          Max Muscle
          5020 Katella Ave.
          Los Alamitos, CA 90720
          www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by lhart6272 View Post
            damn what kind of job?
            I am the Program Director for a residential, youth summer camp.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Michael Travis View Post
              How long have you been doing DC? Are you set on doing DC under those conditions? Perhaps an alternative routine might be more suitable during this time, that wont take as long? Just wondering, I know most people are not for altering the system as it were, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.. Good luck sorting it out..
              Finshing my first 7 week blast this week. I would like to stick with DC, I am trying to invest in the DC methods for the long term.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by nator View Post
                Finshing my first 7 week blast this week. I would like to stick with DC, I am trying to invest in the DC methods for the long term.
                Fair enough. In that case, I wouldn't worry so much. Someone mentioned the 3-way, and although not ideal, perhaps it would save some time. Additionally, the benefit of your meal situation is sweet. I think you'll find that in the long term scheme of things, two months wont make or break what you are trying to do, as long as whichever you choose, you do it with the utmost intensity, eating right and pushing yourself, you will be fine. Good luck

                Comment


                • #9
                  I asked Dante specifically about this because of my twelve hour days when I was a cop, his exact answer was no.
                  For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    man two dc workouts in one day. your blast would slide dude.
                    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I currently work around 17hrs a week M-F and another 4-8 on Saturday and I’m, able to get in (most days) in the evening. I would keep the programs as it is.
                      "SET NO LIMITS"

                      "When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

                      2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                      2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                      2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                      2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                      2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                      2002 NPC North Carolina State:

                      Use Discount Code MMH353..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks for the feedback guys.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X