cardio and flat bench.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cardio and flat bench.

I know the flat bench is a known shoulder destroyer, what do you guys think about seated machine presses simulating a flat bench and flat dumbbell presses?

also, with cardio, is it ok if you say did. 10 mins pre w/o. 10 mins in the middle and another 10 minutes after the workout if your goal was 30 minutes of cardio? maybe there is something that happens when you do it consecutively that i don't know about, i'd love to know.

thanks, can't wait to hear your guys opinions.

Use the SEARCH function, it's your friend....
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
      i searched for this and couldn't find anything so asked for help....

Comment

Your cardio idea sounds really silly. So you'd warm up with 10 minutes cardio, then somewhere during your weight training you're gonna hop on the treadmill and do another ten minutes, then when you're doing you'll do another 10? Not effective at all. Just do 30 minutes straight.

As for bench pressing, the motion is different during DB and machine benching. The only type of safe bench press is a powerlifter type, because the movement is different (tucking the elbows, keeping shoulder blades back, closer grip, etc.). IMO though that doesn't mean that you can't fuck up a DB bench, I've seen a lot of people use pretty shit form on DB benching as well.
        Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Originally posted by Carlito Gambino View Post
          Your cardio idea sounds really silly. So you'd warm up with 10 minutes cardio, then somewhere during your weight training you're gonna hop on the treadmill and do another ten minutes, then when you're doing you'll do another 10? Not effective at all. Just do 30 minutes straight.

As for bench pressing, the motion is different during DB and machine benching. The only type of safe bench press is a powerlifter type, because the movement is different (tucking the elbows, keeping shoulder blades back, closer grip, etc.). IMO though that doesn't mean that you can't fuck up a DB bench, I've seen a lot of people use pretty shit form on DB benching as well.
          i guess it could be stupid, i was just assuming from a fat loss standpoint say 100 calories burnt walking would be 100 no matter if it was continuous or not, i guess i'm wrong though. any other opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by sloppy View Post
            i guess it could be stupid, i was just assuming from a fat loss standpoint say 100 calories burnt walking would be 100 no matter if it was continuous or not, i guess i'm wrong though. any other opinions?
            ive heard of/read that before, though im far from fatloss guru! but why complicate things lift then cardio. flat dumbell presses good, incline barbell good,shoulders flared wide grip flatbench bad.

probally should only post questions related to DC in pup pound
            Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
            -John Ceasar

Comment

Sic em big L hehehe
              Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
              -John Ceasar

Comment

I agree... And why would anyone want to lower the intensity of their weight training by tiring themselves out with cardio halfway through a lifting session? It doesn't seem to make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by lhart6272 View Post
                  Sic em big L hehehe
                  I don't train DC and seen this subject beaten to death like a dead horse, over & over....
                  SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel7908 View Post
                    I agree... And why would anyone want to lower the intensity of their weight training by tiring themselves out with cardio halfway through a lifting session? It doesn't seem to make sense.
                    though i too agree for the sake of discussion, lets say im doing a 5x5 where i squat bench and row in same session, i hardly think walking on a treadmill for 10 min after squats is going to take away from my bench and quite possiblly could allow me to recover a little more adequately. however i certainly wouldnt go for 10 min of hill sprints etc. there was athread recently in regards to taking a proper amount of active rest between exercises recently

damn i hate posting in the pupound wish this thread was in discussion forum
                    -John Ceasar

Comment

I don't train DC and seen this subject beaten to death like a dead horse, over & over....
                      oh you were definately dead on with the search suggestion its a total newb question and
                      i doubt sloppy trains dc even im just bored and feeding the trolls. seems to be a few of those floating around
                      -John Ceasar

Comment

I doubt it would mess with your recovery if you're doing 10 minutes, but then again I don't really see the point in doing 10 minutes anyway. 20 minutes is the bare minimum for cardio IMO. Hell, I've always done cardio on off days, but I guess if you got a really hectic schedule you could schedule it after weight training. Depending on the intensity, it wouldn't mess with recovery too much (20 minute sprint intervals wouldn't be a good idea, but a 30 minute brisk walk is fine).
                        Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

I doubt it would mess with your recovery if you're doing 10 minutes, but then again I don't really see the point in doing 10 minutes anyway. 20 minutes is the bare minimum for cardio IMO. Hell, I've always done cardio on off days, but I guess if you got a really hectic schedule you could schedule it after weight training. Depending on the intensity, it wouldn't mess with recovery too much (20 minute sprint intervals wouldn't be a good idea, but a 30 minute brisk walk is fine).
                          i think we are veering from origional question but i have seen plenty of footballers do bleacher sprints after weight training ithink it might help with hormone release. seen wendler recomend in some templates as well all less than 20 mins though i think. though when im done lifting all i want to do is tag the the ol lady take a cold/hotshower and nap.

by the way i hope noone sees this as argumentive just casual conversation
                          -John Ceasar

Comment

LOL, yeah pretty much the same for me. Especially if I've done squats that day. Obviously it all depends on one's recovery ability, programming, goals, drugs they're on, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by lhart6272 View Post
                              though i too agree for the sake of discussion, lets say im doing a 5x5 where i squat bench and row in same session, i hardly think walking on a treadmill for 10 min after squats is going to take away from my bench and quite possiblly could allow me to recover a little more adequately. however i certainly wouldnt go for 10 min of hill sprints etc. there was athread recently in regards to taking a proper amount of active rest between exercises recently
                              You've made a good point... Especially when we consider that a walk on a treadmill after some intense squatting could be a great thing to help somebody catch their breath before moving on to other exercises.

Comment

Working...
                              X