Programming Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programming Advice

Been doing a basic linear progression program for the last 6 months. took my squat from 135 for 3x5 to 1 set of 5 at 235 while the other two sets were undoable. Tried doing a reset to 210 and working back up but still, no dice. Here's 235 from today. Form was pretty terrible, no way around that. I was thinking of switching over to either 5/3/1 or madcows. For anyone who did either, or both of these programs what did you like about em?

235:
    [youtube]sb0uAS0AQjU[/youtube]

I like 5/3/1 more because it is a bit more customizable and progress is pretty much guaranteed because of its set up. I highly suggest actually downloading (preferably buying) the e-book though to fully understand the program.
    Madcow's is solid as well, but I never tried it myself so I can't really comment on it. Works though.
    Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

hmm.... i really like squatting more than once a week so ill do madcows, and i love full body as ive made the most progress that way.
      Last edited by vkk; 05-11-2011, 03:09 PM.

Comment

I did 5/3/1 for about 8 months and liked it. The only draw back for me was repitition. I got bored quickly.

Comment

Working...
        X