Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correct DC Training?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Correct DC Training?

    Is this the right range motion and reps speed for DC training?
    (Unfortunately, it's not me on video)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Cb0...layer_embedded

  • #2
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sassafra.../8/MxWJjelHZ2s

    How the master himself does it, you're not gonna get a better example.
    Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Carlito Gambino View Post
      http://www.youtube.com/user/sassafra.../8/MxWJjelHZ2s

      How the master himself does it, you're not gonna get a better example.
      Thanks for that Carlito.

      Is it not too fast in the negative phase, should you not slow down the weight more like 4 seconds?

      Comment


      • #4
        A literal four seconds is a loooonnng time, especially for upper body movements like chest and shoulders. DC was averaging about 1 second in the second video. The idea is to lower it at a speed that would allow you to stop and change directions if you had to.... In the first video, Animus (or whoever) had pretty decent speed on everything except maybe his first warmup set and the dips at the end (although I wish I could rep out twenty that deep and fast).

        Comment


        • #5
          Search for Jason Wojo┬┤s vids in youtube. You will see great form and big weights

          Comment


          • #6
            I do not understand, i read:

            "They would explosively pull it down to the chest and then on the negative return they would resist (control) on the way up. I don't want specific seconds, or a certain time amount, I just want control on the negative to the point if they had to, they could easily reverse direction."

            But in all videos, there is no one complying with this?

            Comment


            • #7
              Yes there are. See this video for instance:

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14QcYGsryN8

              The idea is to CONTROL the negative. Don't mentally count "1,2,3,4", or whatever, just make sure you don't push the weight up and sloppily let it drop back down. Don't overthink your rep tempos or whatever. Just make sure there is a controlled negative. It may be a 2 second one or a 4 second one, but make sure you're not just moving the weight from point A to point B without controlling it.
              Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

              Comment


              • #8
                Hey,

                I'm new to DC and as well as this site. If anyone could help me out and lead me in the right direction for more info on DC training. Been lifting for a few years and would love to learn everything there is about DC. I've heard about it a few years back and think I'm ready for it. I'm currently deployed on Korea and really have no way to find out about DC other than here. Thank you and have a great day.

                SSgt Salomon Ortiz

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by salomonortiz1 View Post
                  Hey,

                  I'm new to DC and as well as this site. If anyone could help me out and lead me in the right direction for more info on DC training. Been lifting for a few years and would love to learn everything there is about DC. I've heard about it a few years back and think I'm ready for it. I'm currently deployed on Korea and really have no way to find out about DC other than here. Thank you and have a great day.

                  SSgt Salomon Ortiz
                  Start in the pound puppy forum. Read the first sticky, then the second, then the third until you have read them all.. Then start back at the first and read them all again. Then start back at the first and read them all one more time. That should give you an initial lead about DC training, and welcome to IM
                  Last edited by Michael Travis; 05-04-2011, 11:19 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I was doing a reverse grip bench press widowmaker there......

                    widowmaker = power groove (and i really dont care about the negative on a widowmaker)
                    @dante_trudel

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Carlito Gambino View Post
                      Yes there are. See this video for instance:

                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14QcYGsryN8

                      The idea is to CONTROL the negative. Don't mentally count "1,2,3,4", or whatever, just make sure you don't push the weight up and sloppily let it drop back down. Don't overthink your rep tempos or whatever. Just make sure there is a controlled negative. It may be a 2 second one or a 4 second one, but make sure you're not just moving the weight from point A to point B without controlling it.
                      x2
                      Save 5% at www.truenutrition.com with the Discount Code TEI736!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Doggcrapp View Post
                        I was doing a reverse grip bench press widowmaker there......

                        widowmaker = power groove (and i really dont care about the negative on a widowmaker)
                        Wow, yeah, I think I made a bit of an ass out of myself there. I thought I posted this video:

                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FNELBTsHjQ

                        But clearly I didn't. That's what you get when you're posting from your phone, I guess.
                        Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thanks Micheal I appreciate it!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Carlito Gambino View Post
                            Yes there are. See this video for instance:

                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14QcYGsryN8

                            The idea is to CONTROL the negative. Don't mentally count "1,2,3,4", or whatever, just make sure you don't push the weight up and sloppily let it drop back down. Don't overthink your rep tempos or whatever. Just make sure there is a controlled negative. It may be a 2 second one or a 4 second one, but make sure you're not just moving the weight from point A to point B without controlling it.
                            That video is an excellent example indeed. Ditto for what I've found on Skip's Longevity DVD and all of Shelby Starnes's videos that I've seen, even though they were not doing DC. I still remember that, when I first came across Shelby doing T-Bar rows on YouTube, I thought to myself "damn, that's what I'd e-mail to a friend if he asked me about how to perform that move correctly."

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X