presses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• presses

in the dc programming, he recommends to keep your ass off the bench for most presses where it is safe to do so (obviously not safe (or even possible i dont think) on incline or decline presses). how many of you do this and whats some feedback on it?

Originally posted by dcnewbie2010 View Post
    in the dc programming, he recommends to keep your ass off the bench for most presses where it is safe to do so (obviously not safe (or even possible i dont think) on incline or decline presses). how many of you do this and whats some feedback on it?
    I drop my ass off the bench for flat DB press and RGB on smith machine. That's it. I have no need to do so on decline or incline.
    Stimulation through annihilation.

Comment

The ass off the bench thing is mainly meant for close grips and reverse grip bench. It allows you to keep your chest out of it, and if doing them on the smith, lets you push the bar more towards your feet to really nail the triceps.

It's not really meant to be done for chest presses, but I have seen videos of Cedric McMillan doing flat smith bench with his ass off the bench...looked like a pretty standard chest grip width too, so who knows...

...but I a almost certain it's a technique meant for tricep presses.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
      -1st SuperHeavy Gi
      2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
      -1st Heavyweight Gi
      2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
      2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

Working...
      X