DC Split

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Split

Hey guys, what do you think to this split?

Tues, Thurs, Sat Split

Workout 1

Incline Bench Press 15+ Rest Paused
    Seated DB Press 20+ Rest Paused
    JM Press 25+ Rest paused
    Pull-ups 20+ Rest Paused
    18” Pulls 8 SS; 3 SS

Workout 2

Wide Grip Cable Curl (bar to forehead) 25+ Rest Paused
    Dumbbell Hammer Curl 2x12 SS
    Calf raise Machine 12 reps DC Style (10 second negatives)
    Seated Ham Curls 20+ Rest Paused
    Front Squat 3 reps SS; followed by a widow maker

Workout 3

Incline DB Bench Press 20+ Rest paused
    Shoulder Press Machine 15+ Rest Paused
    Standing EZ Bar extensions 20+ Rest Paused
    Chin ups 20+ Rest Paused
    Dead lift 8 SS; 3 SS

Workout 4

Alternating DB Curls 20+ Rest Paused
    Reverse barbell curl 2x12 SS
    Calf raises 12 reps DC Style (10 second negatives)
    Stiff Leg Dead lifts Sets of 6, add 5kg per side each set, no rest (3 sets)
    Leg Press (low feet) 10 reps SS; followed by a widow maker

Workout 5

Flat Dumbbell Press 20+ Rest Paused
    Military Press 15+ Rest Paused
    Close Grip Bench Press 20+ Rest Paused
    Pull downs 20+ Rest Paused
    Barbell row 2x10 reps SS

Workout 6

Preacher Curl 25+ Rest Paused
    Rope Hammer Curl 2x12 SS
    Calf Raises 12 reps DC Style (10 second negatives)
    Sumo Leg Press 2 x 12 reps SS
    High Bar Squat 3 reps SS; followed by a widow maker

I come from PL background so would like to keep some low reps in (3's sets) for the squats and deadlifts.

Well, I was wondering why you were going so low on squat/deads, but that got answered in the last line I'm no vet, but my quick $.02 is: When you say 15+ you may want to be more specific as to what your rep range is for better feedback. I mean 15+ could be 30 or more. Do you mean 15-20?

I know typically people put quads last after hams, but you may want to consider flipping this on the day you do those SLDL sets, as those can get pretty brutal and taxing, but its your preference.

Also, you seem to not have much variety for width exercises, just pullups, chins, and pulldowns, with the first and last mimicking really the same movement? Perhaps you can look into camelback rows or make swap the pullups/chins for rack chins? I dont know, just might add some variety.

I think too, most people will advise something other than seated leg curls, but again, that is personal preference..

Also, you have calf raises for every calf exercise.. Are you just using that term generically and mean perhaps donkey calf raises one day, seated calf the next etc.?

Those are just a couple quick things I noticed, good luck with your blast.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Travis View Post
      Well, I was wondering why you were going so low on squat/deads, but that got answered in the last line I'm no vet, but my quick $.02 is: When you say 15+ you may want to be more specific as to what your rep range is for better feedback. I mean 15+ could be 30 or more. Do you mean 15-20?

I know typically people put quads last after hams, but you may want to consider flipping this on the day you do those SLDL sets, as those can get pretty brutal and taxing, but its your preference.

Also, you seem to not have much variety for width exercises, just pullups, chins, and pulldowns, with the first and last mimicking really the same movement? Perhaps you can look into camelback rows or make swap the pullups/chins for rack chins? I dont know, just might add some variety.

I think too, most people will advise something other than seated leg curls, but again, that is personal preference..

Also, you have calf raises for every calf exercise.. Are you just using that term generically and mean perhaps donkey calf raises one day, seated calf the next etc.?

Those are just a couple quick things I noticed, good luck with your blast.
      Thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed reply mate.

When I put 15+, 25+ etc I just mean in that range, so sort of 15-20, 25-30.. I was just lazy.

Good point on the back width, It is one of my strong points so I tend not to think much about it, I will however switch a pull-up with rack chins.

On the seated curl, I don't care to keep that in there, Romanian DB deads instead for straight sets maybe a good alternative?

Just me being lazy on the calves mate, I will use 3 different exercises (Seated, standing and leg press probably).

Comment

You're quite welcome.. As I said, I am no expert in DC training/programming, these were just some things that stuck out.. Hopefully, you will get some other feedback as well, and I am sure that would be more beneficial than my few sentences

I am not too familiar with Romanian DB Deads and how varied they are from the SLDL in how you are executing them. Have you looked into reverse hypers for hams, or I think even lying leg curls better than seated, at least for me, as I can progress longer and better on those over the course of a blast.. Just a thought. Take care

Comment

Working...
        X