This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sammich View Post
    This thread was a goddamned train wreck.
    I'm sorry you guys had to go through that.
    " We are autonomous robotic organisms from the planet Cybertron"

Comment

• Originally posted by PlanetCybertron View Post
      I'm sorry you guys had to go through that.
      The thing we go through just to bring the gift of knowledge to you youngsters.
      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
      kind of a douche

Comment

• Originally posted by Sammich View Post
        The thing we go through just to bring the gift of knowledge to you youngsters.
        I think that depending on the maturity of the individual determines their receptiveness to wise words. Granted I'm a super young one (only 21) I wouldn't dare view your advice as anything but constructive and helpful. Why? Because I'm sure if the technique and diet you use wasn't working you probably wouldn't be doing it let alone leaking some helpful info to the younger ones such as myself. And I'm not saying that to kiss ass, but wise people tend to look at others as guidelines on what to do and what not to do and apply it uniquely to their betterment. As far I'm concerned I say thanks for weeding out the people who probably would've just confused us youngsters from the start. DC training is simply but hard. As ironic as it sounds it's the truth. Why fix something that's honestly not broken? Today was my first day training DC and as expected I took over an hour (1 hour and 15-25) was my whole workout time. And it was hard and I felt the need to cry a little but dammit it was good. Didn't modify shit, and followed the rep and set range as according to my needs (which DC clearly states in his blog if people would read the damn thing) That's it. This was probably the simplest thing I've done all day aside from sleep. Not sure why people complicate things by putting time constraints on everything.
        Last edited by PlanetCybertron; 08-30-2016, 11:41 PM.
        " We are autonomous robotic organisms from the planet Cybertron"

Comment

• Originally posted by Monsun View Post
          I can't even imagine being out of the gym in 45 minutes.
          Warm-up with a lot of shoulder dislocations and external/internal rotation, waiting for a piece of equipment in a crowded gym, warm-up sets, collecting plates, drinking water, getting ready for the work sets, putting plates back to the plate trees, maybe waiting for another piece of equipment etc = takes around 90 min.

I'm around 60-90 mins as well. Generally speaking I think 45 minutes would be the bare minimum for DC, assuming you're stretching for each body part and you have to set up equipment, and at least one (usually more than one) warmup/acclimation set per movement. If you can do all that and still come in at 45 minutes or under, either you're in incredible shape running between pieces of equipment, or you're possibly messing something up.

Comment

• including warmups, stretching, resting and puking i have cut my dc workouts to eighteen minutes. extremely effective as i have qualified for a competition with the sisters of the poor.

Comment

• I work out in the evening and in a packed commerical gym in the U.K my workouts take an hour and a half.

Comment

Working...
              X