Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intensity of leg movements

Hi guys,

Just started doggcrapp after doing volume training for ages. Had a question regarding the intensity of the primer set for quads before the widow makers.

I'm curently rotating hack squats, belt squats and v squats. The rep ranges I'm running are between 4 to 8 reps. Would like to know if I should be doing this set to technical failure like the straight sets or should I be leaving a couple of reps in the tank and continue to progress it while leaving some gas for the widow maker.

I ask this because its easy to overshoot on these sets and make a mini widow maker out of them eg. Doing 8 reps with your 4rm.

Sorry if it's a silly question guys, been searching the forums and haven't been able to find anything on this. Appreciate any suggestions.
    ​​​​​
    ​​​​

​​​

I would prefer that someone how is better versed in DC Training respond to your message. It has been years since I have used DC Training, but I do not ever remember anything less than failure for working sets. In fact, DC Training was long before RIR was even a thing. I am quite confident that the answer you will get is that you take that set to failure.

Skip

Originally posted by Kerberros View Post
    Hi guys,

Just started doggcrapp after doing volume training for ages. Had a question regarding the intensity of the primer set for quads before the widow makers.

I'm curently rotating hack squats, belt squats and v squats. The rep ranges I'm running are between 4 to 8 reps. Would like to know if I should be doing this set to technical failure like the straight sets or should I be leaving a couple of reps in the tank and continue to progress it while leaving some gas for the widow maker.

I ask this because its easy to overshoot on these sets and make a mini widow maker out of them eg. Doing 8 reps with your 4rm.

Sorry if it's a silly question guys, been searching the forums and haven't been able to find anything on this. Appreciate any suggestions.
    ​​​​​
    ​​​​

​​​

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to reply Skip.
      I think I'll just be reasonable with my first set in terms of failure and not extend the set over several minutes like a widowmaker. Will then work to progress both the primer set and widowmaker.
      ​​​
      ​​​​

Comment

Let me know how it goes!

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: @intensemuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

You should do your warm up sets and then your 4-8 should be to failure, yes. But failure without compromising safety as far as knees, lower back, etc. Then move on to your WM set for all out assault of 12-20.

Hope this helps.

Use my discount code JHR112 and get 5% off at TrueProtein.com

"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!"-Ronnie Coleman

GET THE DAMN WEIGHT UP AND BEAT THE LOGBOOK WITH BIG WEIGHT JUMPS-Dante

Comment

Thank you brother it helps

Comment

You’ve got 2 sets maybe 4 for the week for your quads.
              The last rep should be where you can’t get back up

Comment

Originally posted by RIR0 View Post
                You’ve got 2 sets maybe 4 for the week for your quads.
                The last rep should be where you can’t get back up
                For sure man, it's what I've been doing so far.
                Probably the most enjoyable part fo dc for me is just going ham and leaving it at that for that particular movement. Has made me realise I'm a lot stronger than I thought i was.

Comment

Working...
                X