Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips / critique on "my" planned "new"-DC routine

Hey guys,

I've just started with the "new DC" by Dante and inserted my own exercises.
    Now I just wanted to ask for opinions on what I may could change / improve in "my" routine.

I'm 28 years old, training for like 5 years now - I'm currently 173 cm (5'7") short and 92 kg's (202 lbs) light - around 8-9% body fat (5.86% measured w/ caliper, 8-points, Jackson / Pollock protocol - so I added 2-3% - just to be realistic).

Currently I'm on a cutting diet, since mid of May (round about 19 weeks now) - started at around 120 kg's with huge amount of body fat (was trying to become a Strongman and used it as excuse to get fat af).

At the moment I'm eating around 2500 kcals per day, planning to cut until 1st of November and want to stay lean and gain after that.

My goal in the end would be to be as muscular as possible with under 10% body fat.
    Personally, I would like to be between 100-110 kg's (220-242 lbs).

My weak points are my arms and my back width - especially the lower part of the lats.

My strongest points are my legs and traps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, the routine I'm planning to do is :

Day 1 : Chest (+ Triceps)

Smith Incline bench press 11-15 RP
    Smith wide grip bench press 11-15 RP
    Smith decline bench press 11-15 RP
    Dumbbell flat bench press 10-12 SS
    Extreme chest stretch 60-90 seconds

Weighted triceps dips 25 RP
    Extreme triceps stretch 60-90 seconds

Day 2 : Biceps, forearms, abs, calves (+ back width)

EZ bar preacher curls (wider grip) 11-20 RP
    Barbell curls (shoulder width) 11-20 RP
    Extreme biceps stretch 60-90 seconds

Dumbbell pinwheel curls 11-20 SS
    Extreme forearm stretch 60-90 seconds

Decline crunches 11-20 SS

Dumbbell bent over reverse flyes 11-20 RP
    Extreme shoulder stretch 60-90 seconds

Standing calf raises 10-12 DC style

Close grip front lat pulldown 11-15 RP
    Extreme back stretch 60-90 seconds

Day 3 : Hams + Quads

Lying leg curls 15-30 RP
    Sumo leg press 15-25 SS
    Extreme ham stretch 60-90 seconds

Hack squat 1x 6-9 SS + 1x 9-12 SS
    Leg press 1x 6-9 SS + 1x 9-12 SS
    Barbell front squat 1x 6-9 SS + 1x 9-12 SS
    Extreme quad stretch 60-90 seconds

Day 4: Shoulders + Triceps

Smith Machine shoulder press 11-20 RP
    Machine shoulder press 11-15 RP
    Smith Machine upright row 11-20 RP

Smith Machine close grip bench press 11-20 RP
    Smith Machine reverse grip bench press 11-20 RP
    EZ-Bar Lying skull crusher 15-30 RP

Day 5: Back width, Back thickness, Calves, Abs (+ Biceps)

Rack chins 11-20 RP
    Cable V-Bar Pull down 11-15 RP
    Rack Deadlifts 1x 6-9 SS 1x 9-12 SS
    T-Bar rows 10-12 SS
    Extreme back stretch 60-90 seconds

Calf press on leg press 10-12 DC style
    Knee hip raise on parallel bars 10-12 SS

Lying cable biceps curls 11-20 RP
    Extreme biceps stretch 60‐90 seconds

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: the RP sets got 20 seconds pause between the 3 mini sets. Not sure if this is enough - feels a bit too short for me - but 15 deep breaths are about 45 seconds for me, which feels too long to me.

Edit2: I'm using so many machines because I do train on my own - no training partner.

Sorry for the huge wall of text - I'm just trying to get the most out of DC to get my body to the next level!

I'm open for any kind of tips or suggestions as I'm really determined to do everything I could and reach my goal asap - feeling like I've wasted too much time and effort, spinned my wheels and I'm far behind where I could be for my age.

Also, sorry for my sometimes may bad English - I'm no native speaker.

Geeetings,

Мишка
    Last edited by Мишка; 09-22-2020, 11:21 AM.

Sorry for my bad posing. I'm no stage athlete - lol.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

It's not "New DC" it's for the advanced of the advanced guys who've done the 3 way split and 2 way split. Not sure you're what he considers advanced and this I think is why he probably puts limited info out there. Have a go at it and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by justaguy View Post
          It's not "New DC" it's for the advanced of the advanced guys who've done the 3 way split and 2 way split. Not sure you're what he considers advanced and this I think is why he probably puts limited info out there. Have a go at it and see what happens.
          Thanks buddy.

To be honest I wrote him on Instagram, sent him the same pictures and he gave me the link to his post - he said I should do this split.

Sadly, I guess because of his short time - and / or not wanting to give me every information for free - he did not answer to my routine on Instagram.

Comment

Btw., just out of curiosity, maybe someone could estimate my body fat percentage by seeing the pictures? ;o

Guess it's way above what the caliper / the guy said - for me it looks more above 10% - IMHO - defo not below. But tbh I don't have a clue - just feeling too fat :o

Greetings

Мишка

Comment

Originally posted by Мишка View Post

Thanks buddy.

To be honest I wrote him on Instagram, sent him the same pictures and he gave me the link to his post - he said I should do this split.

Sadly, I guess because of his short time - and / or not wanting to give me every information for free - he did not answer to my routine on Instagram.
              and why then are you doing NOT it? This is not what Dante described. I don’t mean to offend you, but with such an inattentive approach, you will just get injure and out of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by motivs View Post

and why then are you doing NOT it? This is not what Dante described. I don’t mean to offend you, but with such an inattentive approach, you will just get injure and out of the game.
                This is what I did understand from his IG post - no offense here too - just curious, what did he prescribe than?
                Maybe you can help me out, so I can change my routine accordingly, to not get hurt.

Edit : this is, what I've understood / gathered from his post.

New DoggCrapp Training Template

SOURCE: https://www.instagram.com/p/BuFjRBQniJv/?hl=en

Summary:
                1. Chest (+ Shoulders + Triceps)
                2. Biceps + Forearms + Abs + Rear Delts + Calves (+ Back)
                3. Hams + Quads
                4. Off
                5. Shoulders + Triceps (+ Chest)
                6. Back Width + Back Thickness + Calves + Abs (+ Biceps)
                7. Off

Sunday: chest 3-4 exercises (and you work one key exercise on shoulders or triceps on this day if those bodyparts are weak)

Monday: Biceps 2 exercises, Forearms 1 exercise, abs 1 exercise, rear delts 1 exercise, calves 1 exercise (and you work one exercise for back only if you have a serious weakness there)

Tuesday: hams 2 exercises quads 2-3 exercises

Wednesday: off

Thursday: shoulders 3 exercises triceps 3 exercises (and you work one exercise for chest if your chest is a weak bodypart)

Friday: Back width 2 exercises and Back thickness 2 exercises, calves 1 exercise, abs 1 exercise (and you work one exercise for biceps if thats a weak bodypart)

Saturday: off
                Greetings

Мишка
                Last edited by Мишка; 09-23-2020, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Мишка View Post

This is what I did understand from his IG post - no offense here too - just curious, what did he prescribe than?
                  Maybe you can help me out, so I can change my routine accordingly, to not get hurt.

Edit : this is, what I've understood / gathered from his post.

Greetings

Мишка
                  I am very glad that he began to write on Instagram. This is a very inconvenient format due to the limitation of the length of the messages and he has to continue his posts in the comments (finding which is a pain in the ass). But you do not need to search all over the Internet like Indiana Jones for all the pearls that he scattered and they will not disappear with the closure of unpopular resources. In fact, there is not much new information there and he already wrote about many things earlier (for example, on this forum).

Save the entire post to the document and read. So, part of the post that you are quoting:

In the above scenario if someone had weak arms (biceps and triceps sucked) his chest day and back days would look like this

first chest exercise progressive warmups to all out set rest paused

second chest exercise progressive warmups to all out set rest paused

third chest exercise progressive warmups to all out straight set

Maybe forth chest exercise progressive warmups to all out straight set

then because he has weak triceps he would bomb away on a key tricep exercise..lets say assisted dips machine for 25 reps rest paused after warmups

---

Monday would look like this because his back isnt weak

Biceps 2-3 exercises one or two restpaused in there with the other straight setted Forearms (some sort of reverse curl straight set)

abs one exercise

rear delts one exercise rest paused or straight setted

calves one exercise

no back because his back isnt weak

Tuesday: hams quads (2 exercises for hams one being rest paused), (3 exercises for quads..very hard to rest pause quads)

Wenesday: off

Thursday: shoulders (3 exercises a couple of them rest paused) triceps (3 exercises a couple of them rest paused) no chest because chest isnt a weak bodypart for him

Friday: Back width and Back thickness (4 exercises 2 for back width and 2 for back thickness...the back width ones are rest paused (and because his biceps are a weak bodypart he hits a very key exercise at the end of his back workout for biceps that is rest paused after warmups)...and abs and calves one exercise each

Saturday off.
                  You write:

Day 1 : Chest (+ Triceps)
                  Smith Incline bench press 11-15 RP
                  Smith wide grip bench press 11-15 RP
                  Smith decline bench press 11-15 RP
                  Dumbbell flat bench press 10-12 SS
                  Extreme chest stretch 60-90 seconds
                  Two exercises are performed in a rest-pause style. Where did three come from? Have you taken a rest-pause before? Until complete failure?
                  The fourth exercise MAY BE. Why do you think you need it? It is likely that this will just get you on the cruise faster if there is no real reason to do so.

EZ bar preacher curls (wider grip) 11-20 RP
                  Barbell curls (shoulder width) 11-20 RP
                  I would not do the second rest-pause exercise if doing the back exercise and would do it in a straight set. But this is your choice and only my thoughts.

Dumbbell bent over reverse flyes 11-20 RP
                  It is very interesting to see how long you can progress in this exercise in good form with the selected repetition range. And how much weight you can eventually add (which is one of the principles of DC).
                  He has a very nice post on rear delta training.

Hack squat 1x 6-9 SS + 1x 9-12 SS
                  Leg press 1x 6-9 SS + 1x 9-12 SS
                  Barbell front squat 1x 6-9 SS + 1x 9-12 SS
                  In a nightmare, I can't imagine 6 sets for quads on leg day from Dante. Even without a widowmaker. Below I will give you quotes from two of his posts that I have saved - on legs and triceps with shoulders.

Day 4: Shoulders + Triceps

Smith Machine shoulder press 11-20 RP
                  Machine shoulder press 11-15 RP
                  Smith Machine upright row 11-20 RP

Smith Machine close grip bench press 11-20 RP
                  Smith Machine reverse grip bench press 11-20 RP
                  EZ-Bar Lying skull crusher 15-30 RP
                  Look, I'm sure I speak much worse English than you. But he talked about 2 exercises in the rest-pause style and 1 SS.

Rack chins 11-20 RP
                  Cable V-Bar Pull down 11-15 RP
                  First exercise RP. Second - SS.

Rack Deadlifts 1x 6-9 SS 1x 9-12 SS
                  T-Bar rows 10-12 SS
                  After 2 heavy sets of deadlifts, go and do another set in rows? And all this after the back width? I am more than sure that there are 2 exercises, each 1 SS.
                  ---
                  Bonus for you
                  Shoulders and Triceps day

1) Front Smith Press 20/15/10/5 and then an all out set for 13-15 reps

2) Cybex Lateral machine 12/8 and then all out rest pause set for 20 reps

3) Shoulder Press Machine 20/15/10/5 all out set for 13-16 reps DONE

4) Triceps seated extension machine with 5 second pause in the negative (YOUCH) 20/15/10/6 All out set of 20-30 reps (why? because im strong on this thing and like everything I am forever progressive and adding weight every single week, so for elbow safety I wrap them up and train on this in a higher range but still heavy than normal....I am still maxing these machines out and hanging weight from them, dont call me a "sissy" yet)

5) Dips with dip belt (slow and controlled) 12/8/5 All out set with added weight for 10-13 reps

6) Reverse grip bench press machine 12/8/5 All out set for 12-15 reps.

7) Shoulder stretch (tried to describe it and gave up) and tricep stretch (ill show it in the future)

8) 1.75 abs machine (shown previously on IG timeline) 60x16 and then all out set of 120 x 20 reps.

Post workout meal was 5 eggs+chicken breast+steel cut oats with a massive bowl of blueberries. Then I wrote some poetry, saved 3 baby kittens from drowning in a lake and also handed out Snuggies to senior citizens at my local library (ok maybe this last sentence isn't true)

Legs 30 rep

30 reps or die! I am a charter member of the DLP club (Deep Leg Press Club) always have and always will. Its how Ive always done it. Its inhale air all the way down to keep the spine/butt flat to pad and then knees to armpits. Let me tell you who this post is not for ok. If you have built great legs from doing 6 inch shallow leg presses and other standard rigamoro exercises, no need to read any further....more power to you, skip the post and keep on doing your thing. If you have been lifting for 6 plus years and your legs are seriously behind schedule, I got a set in stone promise for you. I will freaking prove something to you, I will freacking guarantee it!!! I WILL ABSOLUTELY CHANGE YOUR LEGS. I need 16 workouts to start to convince you....thats all I am asking. Hey, you have been lifting for 6 plus years you cannot give me 16 workouts?! Do this....go take a pic of your legs right now for reference, especially the sweep....put it away for safekeeping so you can look back on it after 16 workouts and see the difference. I want you to do this: Write down the 45 degree leg press that you can get real deep on (not the cybex swing arm one either you cheaters!)....a deep rep 45 degree leg press! Note the gym and the leg press. Then write down what you would tell me if i just met you at lunch and said "Hey what can you deep leg press for 15 reps?" Dont bullshi% around, tell me exactly what you would brag to me that you could 45 degree Leg press for 15 deep reps...write it down. I learned something late in my lifting career and I learned it as a byproduct of aging to be honest. I could go into this huge tangent about the legs of a velodrome cyclist, or speed skating quad size with all this but again its IG and i got limited space. I am just going to prove it to you (Part #2 is below)

---

Ive been around writing since 1989 and I was one of the guys back with Hardcore Muscle and then on the internet leading the charge on Progressive Overload. And it has always worked. it gives you a scoreboard, beat the scoreboard today vs what you did last time and you have succeeded. But with my driven mentality I will be the first to admit that I got a little jaundiced with my rep schemes...because I was driven towards power. But there is a method of grinding out high reps/heavy weights on certain exercises where you dont have to worry about balance that I have always classified as "widowmakers". They dont work well when you have to worry about balancing a free bar. They will ABSOLUTELY NOT WORK IF YOU DONT DO THEM PROGRESSIVELY. They have to be done progressively or its fruitless I promise you that. You guys reading this....I will be blunt.....this will totally separate the guys who can will themselves to the next level and the guys who "just dont have it". And alot of you guys "just dont have it" = the willpower to get the following done....because it seriously is about sheer willpower and secondly strength. But again I will absolutely guarantee something. You WILL after 16 leg workouts, look at your legs and say "That Dante Trudel guy...that dude talks a big freaking game but backed it up with "my own leg size increase" (Part #3 is below)

---

What I am about to describe is how your going to do your leg press in your leg workout....thats basically what this is about. A high rep deep range of motion leg press that you are going to do that is going to separate who "has it" and "who likes to tell people he has it when he really doesnt". The scoreboard doesn't lie man. The scoreboard doesnt lie. The problem is if i just describe the movement I want you to do, how do i know your going to do the rest of leg training kind of correctly? So this is my suggestion. Sixteen workouts....why not give me a whirl for 16 leg workouts? Whats the big deal? Ill write up the whole thing i want you to do and give it a whirl for the next 16 leg workouts.....but Ill give you your choices on some exercises because my main focus is to show you about this leg press scheme. (Part #4 is below)

---

I want you to start with a hamstring exercise to warm everything up.....you'll do one hamstring exercise at the beginning of the workout and one at the end. Lets say lying leg curls, start with that..... Ill use hypothetical weights so you can get the gist of how i want you to do this

1) Lying Leg Curl (Warmup sets) hypothetically are 40x25, 70x16, 100x12, 130x8, 150x4 and then and all out rest pause set of 175 for 16-24 reps rest paused (hypothetically 175x12+7+5=24RP)....if you get in the 16-24 rep range? Your reward is you go up in weight next time around...and so on and so on. (Part #5 is below)

---

2)Adductor machine (hypothetical warmups 110 x 24, 210 x 14, 310 x 6) and then an all out straight set or rest pause set with 390lbs for 16-20 straight set or 24-30 rest paused (And again every time you get in range you go up in weight next time around)

3) Abductor machine (warmup progressively thru sets again and then do an all out straight set for 20-30 reps) (Part #6 is below)

---

4) Ok here we go Widowmaker time: Deep 45 degree leg press (inhale on the way down with chest high to keep butt and spine down....get deep!..exhale on the way up...find your foot placing so you can get deep in range of motion) hypothetical warmups each side 70x16/140x12/210x12/280x12.....and now dont you wish you didnt open your big mouth and brag what you could do for 15 deep reps on the leg press? Its written on that piece of paper in front of you. You might have to ego check yourself. Because your going to take that weight and your going to do 30 deep reps with it. And its going to be brutal...but your going to do it...I dont care if you have to take 5 deep breaths seven times during the set to make it to 30....your job is to get to 30 reps and peel yourself off of the machine. I am asking for one all out set of 30 deep reps after warmups. If you are NOT truly going deep, be true to yourself and click off this post and do something else. The guys with the bigtime willpower will make it...they will find somehow someway to make 30 reps....it really is a driven person who can do it consistently. I would say 25% of bodybuilders have it and 75% dont....I really would. (Part 7 continued below)

---

So you can prove it to yourself whether you have it in you or dont. So after warmups you take a weight that you bragged that you can do 15 reps with and you somehow someway do 30 deep reps. You cannot rerack the weight and take a break, you cannot straighten your legs at the top to rest...you CAN take 5 deep breaths at the top with slightly bent legs to gather yourself...and you can do that multiple times to get your 30 reps. So for example you could get 14 reps (and then take 5 deep breaths with slightly bent legs up top) and do another 7 reps (and then take 5 deep breaths with slightly bent legs up top) and 5 more reps and (5 deep breaths with slightly bent legs up top) until you make 30. What do you get for a reward for getting 30 reps this week? You get to add at first a 25lb plate on each side for next week and get 30. And so on and so on until 25lb plate jumps are just too much and no longer feasible and then you need to start adding 10lb plates to each side. Your quads are going to be bombed getting off this machine after 30 deep reps with high weights. Its going to feel like a truck ran you over for the following days. This is all about sheer utter willpower....do you have it in you or not? (Part 8 below)

---

5) After widowmaker leg press....you do Pause Squats....go down 10 posts from this very post on my IG page and read that post where i am squatting with a Bruins sweatshirt on. Its 4-5 seconds in the hole (deep). Warmups are progressive weight sets of 6 reps with 4-5 seconds in the hole pushing the stretch of your quads and then raising up.....and then your main set is your top weight for 8-12 reps with 4-5 true seconds in the hole. Whats your reward for that? 10lb plates on each side next week

6) Extreme Stretch for quads also on my IG timeline (march 3rd)

7) Your second hamstring exercise (your choice) pick something you like to do (standing leg curls, seated leg curls, ham tractor etc etc etc your choice) and progressively warmup thru sets and then do an all out set with top weight for 10-16 straight set or 16-24 rest paused (Part 9 below)

---

8) Extreme stretch for hamstrings.......grab a 60lb fixed barbell with a wide grip.....do a stiff legged deadlift and get into the deepest stretch you can....then when you are in the stretch simultaneously try to press up thru your heels and slightly straighten your legs....YOUCH yes i know its painful.....hold that for 60-90 seconds (you will shake like a leaf yes I know) DONE...YOUR DONE! What i really wanted to show you is the willpower needed to change your quads....16 workouts is what I am asking to convince you. If you can leg press 30 deep reps with increased weight on every one of those 16 workouts, take a look at your quads 16 workouts later.......they look dramatically different dont they? I promise you they will. HIgh reps heavy weights, along with stretching under load = change. I DARE some of you to make the deep 30 rep heavy weight leg press a staple in your routine.....and come back in here in 4 months and comment. Most of all its going to show some people whether they are good at convincing people they are hardcore, or they are truly HARDCORE. Its a different animal when you are at 22 reps and in so much pain and you WILL yourself another 8 reps that you dont really have in you.

---

Since Instagram decided to jumble up my post i am going to help you to decipher this puzzle below. Here is how the order is with the beginning sentence of each post ok? After my initial post it goes like this 1) Ive been around writing 2) What I am about to 3) I want you to start with 4) Adductor Machine 5) Ok Here we go 6) So you can prove it 7) After widowmaker leg press 8) Extreme stretch for hamstrings
                  Last edited by motivs; 09-24-2020, 02:49 AM.

Comment

thank you very much for your very detailed answer pal!

Will edit my routine as soon as I'm home from work!

Comment

Done - mostly after Master Dante himself's Blueprint ! Thanks for sharing all this informations ! )
                      so happy to start a "perfect" routine ) now I'll do my best to progress and finally get big ! I'm v excited (as you may read LOL)

Comment

Monday workout chest and triceps completely done in like 40 minutes. Isn't that a bit too short? Just from a time perspective - chest and tris feeling absolutely awesome tho.
                        This gallery has 2 photos.
                        Last edited by Мишка; 09-29-2020, 06:44 AM.

Comment

The shorter workout time doesn't mean much. If you accomplished what you were out to accomplish and you are growing, that's all that matters.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                          Instagram: @intensemuscle
                          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                          TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Okay, getting the weight on the bar up - currently on a cut, so I try to get body fat down a bit - will start a growing phase in November, I hope that it will be awesome !

thanks for your answer Skip.

Мишка

Comment

Working...
                            X