Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with side delts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help with side delts

    Hi guys , i would ask your help for help my shoulders to grow. I train with DC 2 way, i would put mass on the side of my delts, because i need to improve this bodypart. At the moment i use these 3 exercises in rotation:
    Seated shoulder press at the smith machine
    Dante's upright row bb
    Military press bb

    In your opinion i should I replace one or more of these exercises with more specific lateral exercises or do I keep trying to increase the load in these 3?

    thanks

  • #2
    Are you sure it's just your side delts and not overall shoulder mass that you need to improve? Can you give us any stats on yourself?



    Use my discount code JHR112 and get 5% off at TrueProtein.com

    "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!"-Ronnie Coleman

    GET THE DAMN WEIGHT UP AND BEAT THE LOGBOOK WITH BIG WEIGHT JUMPS-Dante

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SadButTrue View Post
      Are you sure it's just your side delts and not overall shoulder mass that you need to improve? Can you give us any stats on yourself?
      sorry maybe i haven't write correctly, i have my delts for sure to improve in overall mass but i have short clavicles e the delts can help me to look better to front . At the moment i'm 176x102kg , this is an old photo , here i was 90kg , the delt there seems to be because in this photo i pressed my hand to my hip

      my question is , if better continue to train with these exercise or i must use exercise specific for side delts, to improve my look to the front

      ps:sorry for my english
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mountolympus View Post

        sorry maybe i haven't write correctly, i have my delts for sure to improve in overall mass but i have short clavicles e the delts can help me to look better to front . At the moment i'm 176x102kg , this is an old photo , here i was 90kg , the delt there seems to be because in this photo i pressed my hand to my hip

        my question is , if better continue to train with these exercise or i must use exercise specific for side delts, to improve my look to the front

        ps:sorry for my english
        I'm no expert, but I did train DC for years before moving over to Blood & Guts style and I did use a side lateral as one of me 3 main exercised for delts for the same reason. My main suggestion is pick a side lateral that you can get a nice loaded stretch on and that you can progress nicely on. Hope that helps you at least a little



        Use my discount code JHR112 and get 5% off at TrueProtein.com

        "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!"-Ronnie Coleman

        GET THE DAMN WEIGHT UP AND BEAT THE LOGBOOK WITH BIG WEIGHT JUMPS-Dante

        Comment


        • #5
          I was in the same situation mount so I added bulldozers with a super slow negative. Any lateral Isolation exercise isn’t the best for progression but the bulldozers only work the negative which is when your strongest. Also your using momentum so can more more weight. I start the lateral raise from the leg opposite to the shoulder I am working. Use momentum your just working the negative. I do a true six second negative and have been feeling it. It’s tough to increase a dumbell exercise like this by a full five pounds so I started taping fractional plates to the ends of the weight. Gorilla tape works great

          Comment


          • mountolympus
            mountolympus commented
            Editing a comment
            what is bulldozers?

        • #6
          these are some good suggestions. I stole the "tri-fucta" set from Dusty Hanshaw and have seen some good success thus far. It's done on a seated lateral raise machine after my heavy pressing movement and its 10 full reps with a 4 count negative, immediately followed by 20 partials from the bottom, finished up with a 30 sec hold from the top. It is one of the most insane pumps i've ever experienced and has at least helped me a lot.

          Comment


          • #7
            Originally posted by Kcburrows24 View Post
            these are some good suggestions. I stole the "tri-fucta" set from Dusty Hanshaw and have seen some good success thus far. It's done on a seated lateral raise machine after my heavy pressing movement and its 10 full reps with a 4 count negative, immediately followed by 20 partials from the bottom, finished up with a 30 sec hold from the top. It is one of the most insane pumps i've ever experienced and has at least helped me a lot.
            My gym doesn't have a machine like Dante and Dusty use, so I've done cable side laterals with cuffs around my wrist in this "tri-fucta" set and it seems to be very effective and very brutal.
            Its not the size of the hammer, its the size of the man holding the hammer.

            Comment

            Working...
            X